Sideshow Bob

220px-Manchester_United_FC_crest.svg.png
V
200px-Paris_Saint-Germain_F.C..svg.png

Tuesday, 12th February 2019
Champions League Round Of 16 First Leg
Old Trafford
20:00 GMT

What do we think will be the centre back partnership?

The rest of the team picks itself.

Think he’s got to go Jones and Lindelof just because they’ve played most games together in recent times.

DDG

Young Lindelöf Jones Shaw

Herrera Matic Pogba

Lingard Rashford Martial

Team picks itself at the moment

As for them they seem to be dropping like flies but still plenty of quality in that squad who can come up with moments of magic but feels like it's becoming more of a level playing field.

Its going to be difficult, but the main thing is to try and not concede and give them the powerful away goal. I think the aerial threat has gone with there being no Cavani, but you have to nullify the pace and trickery of M'bappe, which is the biggest chance of success for PSG.

Will be at the game tomorrow as normal and im really looking forward to it, when the fixture was drawn out, I was fearing the worst.

Just worried that my heavily pregnant Mrs will start going into labour just before the game ! :D

I think we have to accept they will score, but I trust Martial Pogba Rashford and Lingard to outscore them over two legs.

The perfect result that is realistic is 2-0 if we do concede I think we need a 2 goal margin to take to France so 3-1 or 4-2.

That's a big ask as the defence for PSG is pretty good but they are forced to weaken it because of the lack of midfield options so Marquinos regularly plays as a holding midfielder despite being their best CB.

The away goal is big but I back us to get one away from home as well the way we are playing right now.

I do wonder if he'll play Martial for all that talent going forward you can't trust him defensively it's the on going gamble on do you play a guy who will track Dani Alves or do you gamble and play someone who will sit high and exploit the space he leaves?

You'd like to think at home their will be a period where we can get on top the big thing is when you do have this period you make it count and rattle in some goals because a team like PSG will have a spell in the game where they are on top and the challenge is to keep them out.

So it looks like PSG could line up like:

Buffon

Dani Alves - Kimpembe - Silva - Bernat

Paredes - Marquinhos - Verratti

Di Maria - Mbappe - Draxler
That team looks a hell of a lot weaker without Cavani and Neymar but still got Mbappe who is devastating at his best. Think we have a massive chance of taking a good win to Paris but we have to be on it. Promises to be one hell of a game, not been excited about a game for quite some time.

@jsp you say about Dani Alves but I’ve seen they have a young guy called Kehrer that is under strong consideration to play mainly for the threat posed by Martial.

Verratti is fit is he?

Mt wife said on the school run today, the radio station and most of France are behind PSG tonight. I expect not in the Marsaille region though

So it looks like PSG could line up like:

Buffon

Dani Alves - Kimpembe - Silva - Bernat

Paredes - Marquinhos - Verratti

Di Maria - Mbappe - Draxler
That team looks a hell of a lot weaker without Cavani and Neymar but still got Mbappe who is devastating at his best. Think we have a massive chance of taking a good win to Paris but we have to be on it. Promises to be one hell of a game, not been excited about a game for quite some time.

@jsp you say about Dani Alves but I’ve seen they have a young guy called Kehrer that is under strong consideration to play mainly for the threat posed by Martial.

Thilo Kehrer looks a brilliant prospect and I wouldn't be atall suprised if he featured tonight.

Dont think Ive been so excited for a game in a long time, especially when we all genuinely believe that we have a chance to get a win, the worry is Mbappe tonight, if he is on it then we will be lucky to keep him from having chances.

Hoping for Pogba to show us all what he is made of tonight and grab the game and boss it.

If the Mrs goes into labour and I cant go to the game then I will be offering the ticket on here later on ! :D
Congratulations on your impending doom.. I mean joy! :p

I may find a stream online as I don’t have BT Sport anymore, will be a real shame to miss as most streams tend to be a little unstable when there is so many watching. But hey I may get lucky.

Congratulations on your impending doom.. I mean joy! :p

I may find a stream online as I don’t have BT Sport anymore, will be a real shame to miss as most streams tend to be a little unstable when there is so many watching. But hey I may get lucky.

Good luck mate

Not sure if UEFA allow you to offer that service at least they put the final on a free to air channel but it's a shame they don't have 1 free to air game each week anymore.

Does my head in that fans in the UK pay more to watch live football than any fans in the world and for that we get less games that everyone else because we can't watch any of the 3pm Saturday games.

Just do what everyone else does and find a stream.

Never been to a European game at Old Trafford you'd hope that the place is absolutely bouncing tonight as the European nights in recent years haven't sounded great even on that run to the Europa league final tonight feels like the biggest game in Europe we've had in ages probably since Bayern under Moyes in 2014.

When did there stop being a free to air game? I thought BT had to make one free a week.

and, where is the final shown for free?

Me too, I'm going large, 4 - 0 united.

yeah last seasons was on YouTube in their channel

The team we all expected except Bailly partners Lindelof

We’ve been the slightly better side but nothing to show for it. Final pass has let us down.

Martial injured. He’s been poor so far tonight. Come back too early? Unsure on what his injury was.

Young should probably walk there but he’s destroyed Di Maria

Looks like the unbeaten run is going to end. Such a shame but I guess it had to at some point.

To be fair, and this is no reflection on Ole, this game just highlights the gulf in class between us and the top teams in Europe. I mean we've competed and given a good account of ourselves but as we know there's work to do.

2-0 and if we aren’t careful the ties over tonight.

The guy who got their first shouldn’t still be on the pitch

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back