Champ League 2021/22: Man Utd vs Villareal ~ Wed 29th Sep 8pm KO

As mentioned earlier by @jsp I think it was, its vital we dont concede a sloppy early goal, Villarreal will just cling on to anything if they draw first blood, and we really cant afford another poor result in our group and in general of course.

Can see another 0-0 to be honest but Ole has a habit of getting a result when he needs one.

Villareal are a tough nut to crack as their league results show and we know from past experience.

This is where we need Ronaldo and if he plays Sancho to be the difference and provide that extra bit of quality that gets the breakthrough in these tight games that wasn't there last season. Pouncing on a mistake and punishing it or providing the skill/force to open up a well organised defence and get the goal.

If we get the first goal you'd hope things can open up for us and we should be fine but how easy will it be to get that goal.

Been confirmed Maguire is out and won't be back for the weekend either but Shaw is only down as doubtful be handy to have him back so we don't have to make to many changes. Most stuff I've seen suggest he'll only be fit enough for the bench and is unlikely to start.

Villareal (H) 3-0
Atalanta (H) 2-1
Atalanta (A) 1-1
Villarreal (A) 0-0
Young Boys (H) 5-0

We're comfortable! Just like to make things a little difficult!

11 points from the position we're in now i'd take that all day long.

Been confirmed Maguire is out and won't be back for the weekend either but Shaw is only down as doubtful be handy to have him back so we don't have to make to many changes. Most stuff I've seen suggest he'll only be fit enough for the bench and is unlikely to start.

Shaw not spotted at the Hotel so doubt he'd feature tonight.

Both fullbacks having mares so far. Looking a lot like the Villa match, but it feels like if can get a goal soon it’ll change things.

Only seen the last 15 but we’ve been awful created bugger all and they’ve had 4 shots since I turned on decent chances too.

Varane just got away with one not sure if he was fouled but missed an easy interception and the striker pulled his shot wide.

Should be behind.

This is dreadful team has no shape when we lose the ball there’s huge gaps that the opponent just flies through.

Midfield is creating nothing and doing nothing when the opponent comes forward.

From what I’ve seen they are very lucky not to be 1 or 2 behind at half time.

Of the outfield players the only ones who look alive are Sancho and Bruno the rest are struggling big time.

Villarreal should be over the hill and far away in this. De Gea has been very impressive and by god we’ve needed him. Dalot and Telles really can’t defend. Danjuma is going to give Dalot nightmares!

Our confidence looks drained.

I honestly don't know if I've ever seen us look this bad before. This is a total shambolic display everywhere on the pitch, DeGea the lone exception.

I honestly don't know if I've ever seen us look this bad before. This is a total shambolic display everywhere on the pitch, DeGea the lone exception.
Yep every one of the players look dreadful. So many heavy touches, misplaced passes and overall mediocrity. This is pretty awful. Ole needs to give them an absolute rocket.

Yes we were no where near the game in the first half. How it’s still 0-0 at half time I will never know (well De Gea).

0-1 been coming Dalot has been struggling all night Danjuma who's had his pants down all evening we’ve done nothing to cover that issue.

Looking at the bench it’s Fred or Matic on for one of these centre mids as they are doing nothing.

Quality is there to make a comeback but this lot are useless as a team getting absolutely picked off by less talented players who’ve come with a plan and are having our pants down.

Great hit from Telles.

First goal for Utd?

Refs finally found his cards they’ve had a lot of late nibbles after the ball has gone needed clamping down on.

It’s basically 4-1-5 at times the 5 all stood in a line it’s crap players need to come off that line and get on the ball.

We are basically playing without a midfield.

Think it needs to be freshened up we’ve not made a sub they’ve now made 5.

Looks like Matic and Cavani are coming on Sancho and Pogba off

Sancho sounds unlucky to have come off.

Matic for Pogba is a bit negative too

Yeah it was coin toss between Sancho and Greenwood same with Pogba and McTominay they’ve both been awful and I’ll be honest it should have been Ronaldo off not Sancho.

Cavani just missed a great chance you expect him to bury.

They are rushing it to much Matic clearly been told to try and slow it down.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back