Casemiro | Match Discussion thread 2022/23

You appeal on the grounds of victimization by dodgy evidence(thanks Sky), if the law is it's a straight red for lifting your hands, fine, if that's the case the referee should/could have sent off a dozen.

The PL either downgrade it to a yellow, or retrospectively give out another dozen red cards, mmmm, which makes more sense?

I don't think they can reduce the length of the ban violent conduct is an automatic 3 match ban.

They would have to argue that what Casemiro did doesn't meet the threshold for violent conduct which when you read the description for violent conduct they may have a case.

They would have to claim that had VAR been able to see all angles and shown them to the ref that the referee wouldn't have sent the player off essentially they'd be saying the video that was used made it look a lot worse than it actually was.

I don't think they'd win the appeal but it has got to be worth a shot.

He's amazing isn't he you can see why Madrid were so strong in the cup competitions with him in the side.

His reading of the game is just second to none. There is no coincidence he’s always in the right place at the right time - his footballing intelligence is a key factor in his play. Love him!

the fact Fred looks like he play football along side him says it all.

He's just an all round class act the best midfielder we've had by an absolute mile in the post Fergie era.

Genuinely world class.

He's just an all round class act the best midfielder we've had by an absolute mile in the post Fergie era.

Genuinely world class.
Just for giggles, would we say his United form has been better than Carrick’s? If yes, then you’re probably going back to Keane and Scholes because we’ve not been blessed with standout midfielders over the years.

I’d probably have Carrick based on overall body of work, but if Casemiro can maintain this for 3 years, he’ll be right up there with Keane/Scholes.

Carrick was so cool and calm it often looked like he did nothing. You've got to go some way to better him

Incredible manager too

Just for giggles, would we say his United form has been better than Carrick’s? If yes, then you’re probably going back to Keane and Scholes because we’ve not been blessed with standout midfielders over the years.

I’d probably have Carrick based on overall body of work, but if Casemiro can maintain this for 3 years, he’ll be right up there with Keane/Scholes.

Casemiro is a player who's in the Keane/Scholes bracket in terms of ability his career is one of the best to ever play the game.

In terms of dominating the midfield even at this age he's as big an influence as Keane was during the 90's and early 00's. He's just an absolute boss in there and his will to win clearly pulls others along with him. He just refuses to lose football matches.

Carrick was a very good player but he won't be remembered as one of the all time greats, Casemiro is in that conversation for his generation of players.

got to pull you up there.

So you cannot include Casemiro's madrid form.

The question posed was, is his united form better than Carricks. And the answer has to be no.

Carrick won the league numerous times, CL, all sorts of titles for united. Casemiro has won the milk cup.

Can he become as good, as influential for united as Carrick, yes if he wins more.

He'll never be what Keane was to this club. He won't have the time to make up that body of work.

Carrick was a great in my eyes btw, awesome player. I imagine a lot of his team mates would agree too, who he got the ball to in space and time.

Over the length of his career, Casemiro is a better player than Carrick. I was actually thinking of the way Keane willed his teams to victory through sheer force of will, and how Casemiro has been doing similar of late for United.

However, if we're thinking about where Casemiro fits in the PL era United midfield, we can't use his Madrid form. Otherwise we'd have to include Schweinsteiger, who was world class for Bayern despite being significantly less so for United.

For me, Casemiro needs to do it longer, and influence the biggest trophies to be in the same convo as Keane/Scholes.

It is unlikely he will match Carrick achievements at Utd as he isn’t going to spend a decade in his prime at Utd but I don’t think Carrick ever dominated the midfield game after game in the way this guy has done.

Carrick was a good player in great teams, for 6 months Casemiro has looked like a great player in a good team.

It's a measure of the consistency and impact Casemiro has had in such a short time at the club that we are already having this conversation comparing him to previous midfield greats.

I did not ever think I would be so happy to have missed out on FdJ last summer.

I liked Carrick but will he be remembered as one of the best midfielders of his era? no, will Casemiro be remembered as one of the best of his era? yes.

Carrick was a brilliant player for us, however, for Casemiro to boss games like he does, retain that desire and hunger to win games - dragging the whole team with him, being a leader, connecting immediately with the fans, after coming from Real where he won everything, shows what a very special player he is. Best of all, is that we were not expecting Casemiro to be this good.

Carrick was a brilliant player for us, however, for Casemiro to boss games like he does, retain that desire and hunger to win games - dragging the whole team with him, being a leader, connecting immediately with the fans, after coming from Real where he won everything, shows what a very special player he is. Best of all, is that we were not expecting Casemiro to be this good.
Thats an over statement

Liverpool 7-0 Man Utd

Looked injured but that was a horror show today his “tackle” on the second goal was embarrassing.

The red card incident happened at the over end of the pitch from where I sit. The tackle looked rash lives I was worried at that the time that the yellow card would be changed to a red card. I’ve not seen a replay, was the red card the right decision?

It's one of those that looks worse than it is especially in slow motion, and as we all know if it looks worse in slow motion replays then invariably the result is a red card.

Utd have decided not to appeal the red card.

He was okay, broke up play, filled in the defence when needed, but definitely sort of playing at his peak.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back