Brentford Discussion 2021/22

jsp

Top Poster Of Month

Their manager has been a bit chippy lately hasn't he had some almighty moan about Utd after we beat them then got himself sent off after they lost vs Wolves.

His post match interview against us was hilarious referring to little old Brentford up against money bags Utd ignoring the fact that they have a rich owner who bankrolls the whole thing. Their wage bill is something like 270% of turnover and they've bought their way up the divisions which is a perfectly reasonable thing to do.

Feels to me like he's cracking under the pressure a bit they've got a bit of a buffer to the relegation spots but everyone below them has games in hand and they've lost 4 in a row in the league.

We were lucky not to be behind in the first half but we battered them second half and since the final score is decided after 90 minutes not 45 I thought his rant was a bit over the top.

De Gea wasn't pulling off worldie after worldie save their players kept missing or shooting poorly when our chances came our players didn't make that mistake.

He also made a very poorly timed comment about us signing Sancho for £70m and not playing him in a game that Sancho missed to attend a family funeral.

It was just a very strange thing for him to suddenly explode and lose his cool over I could understand if there had been some dodgy ref calls in the game but there wasn't even that.

If anything he needed to speak to his players about wasting chances against sides because if you don't punish them when you are on top you will lose matches.

they had more shots and more shots on target, I don't think there is any problem the manager saying they were unlucky

We were not even lucky in the first half. Yes ddg had to make a couple of saves, that is his job after all. He can say what he likes but they were not unlucky.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This was the inverview I think he went a bit to far calling us lucky shows a lack of respect to the opponent.

He didn't give us any credit for Utd totally turning the game around at half time and he came across as a bit of a dick.

Also, no recognition that most of their chances came through counter attacks and set pieces which Utd managed really badly in the first half of that game it wasn't like they camped in our half. Once we took that threat away they had no answer.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This was the inverview I think he went a bit to far calling us lucky shows a lack of respect to the opponent.

He didn't give us any credit for Utd totally turning the game around at half time and he came across as a bit of a dick.

Also, no recognition that most of their chances came through counter attacks and set pieces which Utd managed really badly in the first half of that game it wasn't like they camped in our half. Once we took that threat away they had no answer.

Yep talking absolute drivel and does not come across well at all.

I think he was trying to be positive about his team and their performance which was fine they gave us a really good game but he crossed the point where you could take them seriously and it became a bit rambly.

He looks wired he's either smashed to many red bulls or done a massive line in the toilets that just hit him before the camera came on.

He's 100% a bit of an odd ball but then all modern managers seem to be like this.

Some red tinted glasses here.

I think they were all over us first half.

It's a worry a Brentford manager can come out and talk us about like that. It shows how far we have fallen. We should be all over these teams. I see nothing wrong with his interview. It would have been a big skin for Brentford, and they did deserve at least a point.

It's finally sunk in with me ths season how far we have fallen. We aren't going to win a major honour for years, and if the owners don't change I'll even go as far to say never again. Might win an FA cup.

We are terrible football team to watch. The last 4 or 5 games show that. We are a poor, boring, negative side. Couldn't be further from the united that I grew up supporting in the 70's and that Fergie took to the next level.

It makes me really sad.

The issue first half was we just couldn’t clear set pieces and we were getting done on the break. We weren’t played off the park by some stylish football we just allowed them chances by making sloppy errors and rode our luck. The luck being their chances fell to players who bottled it and didn’t hit the corners. Overall it was 18-13 on shots btw the gap wasn’t that crazy.

Arsenal lost at Brentford, Liverpool drew 3-3 there and I think Chelsea won by a single goal they are excellent on the break and on set pieces this gives top sides big problems to deal with but at the back they arent great.

It certainly feels like a very long road back my only hope is that Woodward leaving means the money men stay out of the football stuff going forward but I doubt it.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back