Boxing 2022

I really hope that Brook does. But they're shot to pieces it's happening 10 years too late and either of them can. It's a fun fight cos it's a true 50/50 fight.

Looking forward to eventually buckling and ordering the PPV later because I’m bored.

Brook by far the better man on the night landed lots of heavy blows on Khan and the ref had to stop it.

khan stood up and took the punches but he clearly isn’t in it anymore and should retire while he’s got his health.

As for Brook it’s money fights for him now and it seems like he might go with Eubank next could be interesting and a pay day for both men.

I did not expect Kahn to be that outclassed.

Couldnt handle the power of Brook in almost every round he landed a shot that had Khan wobbling.

Khan has had this problem throughout his career he’s just to easy to hit makes him great fun to watch as anything could happen in his fights.

He was able to throw his quick fancy combos but they weren’t really leaving a mark on Brook he didn’t really hurt him.

Khan looked like a guy who should have stayed retired but he was refreshingly honest after the fight said he got what he deserved and praised Brook which after all the nonsense between them was refreshing.

I use a Boxing forum a lot. There's a poll going on who won the fight. It's 96% in favour of Cottrell.

Paddy Power have refunded all bets on Cottrell to win.

It wasn’t a fight where the rounds weren’t clearly all one way but given there was also a knockdown it’s hard to see how Taylor won that fight.

It was a shocking decision but it was quite a poor fight in terms of quality very scrappy and the ref was clearly getting sick of having to speak to them.

Absolute robbery, he works hard all of his life for that opportunity, goes to Taylors back yard and clearly beats him, only to have it taken away by shocking, disgusting judging.
You will be hard pushed to find any of the boxing pundits that stake an argument that Josh Taylor won that fight, and if there isn't an inquest into this, I will be amazed.
Catterall won that fight, I had it 8 rounds to Taylor's 4, at absolute best, and being kind to JT.
JT's trainer Ben Davison told Taylor three times he needed a stoppage just before he went out for the last round, after the fight Taylor then proceeded to say how he clearly won the fight and just talked utter garbage.

I watch a lot of boxing and this is the worst judging decision I've ever seen.

Not really sure what Taylor could say after other than he felt he won because he probably did feel that he'd won the fight no fighter is going to question the decision of the judges when you've been given the win.

His corner was telling him he was behind from the 9th round. When Taylor got the point deduction I felt that's surely going to be enough it was a stupid point to give away whereas Catteral did deserve his just pushed the ref to far after plenty of warnings. Both of them left the ref with no choice.

It's always the way a home crowd and defending champion will always get the close rounds and that's how it looks on the scorecards. Most neutrals watching probably give a lot of those close rounds to Catteral and rightly so he was in control and landing more shots than he took. He wasn't just hitting him with taps either some of them were clean powerful shots timed to perfection that rattled Taylor.

One thing remains common in boxing if you want to go to a champions back yard and take his belt you'd better knock him out.

Anyone watch the Fury fight?

Fury totally outclassed Whyte who deserved his shot having waited so long for it but just didn't have the skills required to beat a man that big stood behind his jab kept the distance then caught him with a brutal uppercut when he let his guard down.

Annoyingly for me 1 round short of my bet coming in.

Fury talking up retirement but I do think he'll want a crack at a unification fight to be undisputed but the issue for him is time. Usyk and Joshua isn't until July so Fury won't be fighting again this year. If Joshua wins will there be a third fight with Usyk? How long will the WBC allow Fury to be inactive without giving up the belt?

It's probably becasue I'm old, but the heavyweight division is nowhere the quality it was back Tyson era.

I dunno it's certainly better than it was 10 years ago when Klitchko was just beating everyone.

Think with the heavyweights because they're so big now you do tend to get a knockout you wont see many fights going the distance.

The good thing for us is there's plenty of British guys on the scene but the sport is lacking the glitz and glamour that a big American name brings to the table.

Hopefully find Somewhere to watch it.

Feels a bit all or nothing for him now

AJ looked fantastic tonight. To criticise that performance is ridiculous.

I had it 115-113 Usyk.

AJ took 3,4,6,9,11.

Against the greatest active fighter alive. Usyk is just phenomenal.

Hopefully Fury comes out of 'retirement' and fights him

I can't stand Fury but I think he beats Usyk. He'll be happy to take him on war style and has the footwork to get inside him and he'll be happy to stand off him and has the footwork to outbox him.

I think we'd see Fury inside 4 rounds if he goes Kronk style. No way Usyk could live with his power and he's got the ability to find him.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fury vs Usyk will be a great fight get it in the biggest venue possible in the UK next summer.

Usyk was just to good for Joshua to much skill and all that in ring experience paid off.

As for Joshua where does he go next as he won’t be fighting for titles in his next fight does he go for a fight with Wilder or maybe an all English fight with Whyte or take on Joe Joyce. Not sure any of them are mega sellers feels like the boxing world is maybe moving on from him.

I thought post match he let himself down taking over the mic the way he did it was Usyk’s time to celebrate and enjoy his moment but it’s good that he’s apologised for it since.

Fury has made an offer to AJ to fight him in the UK later this year.

Usyk has said he won't fight again this year due to an injury which rules him out until 2023.

Fury has offered AJ a 60-40 split to fight him which for a guy who's just lost 2 in a row is a great offer.

It won't be the fight many hoped for with all the belts on the line but it would still be a great event especially if they got it under the roof in Cardiff 70-80,000 cramed in for an all British heavyweight clash.

Looks like Joshua and Fury will be happening in December. After Fury ‘retired’ for the 267th time.

Hope Joshua can up his game and knock Fury out but only see one winner in this one.

Looks like Joshua and Fury will be happening in December. After Fury ‘retired’ for the 267th time.

Hope Joshua can up his game and knock Fury out but only see one winner in this one.
I don't give Joshua a chance.

Fury will destroy him he's in better shape now than he was for most of his recent fights.

Joshua's chance really is a landing a big enough shot to knock him out as we know there's power in those fists but Fury should be enough to avoid those shots.

Eubank Jr vs Benn is officially off.

Benn has failed a drugs test the B sample hasn't been analysed yet but the british boxing board of control are refusing to sanction the fight.

Benn tested positive for a female fertility drug. According to one person I follow on twitter the drug is often used my males at the end of steriod cycles to get you "male parts" running again.

Eubank Jr vs Benn is officially off.

Benn has failed a drugs test the B sample hasn't been analysed yet but the british boxing board of control are refusing to sanction the fight.

Benn tested positive for a female fertility drug. According to one person I follow on twitter the drug is often used my males at the end of steriod cycles to get you "male parts" running again.
Yep, also balance's estrogen/androgen receptors that can get messed up when you come off certain types of steroids, keeps your test up and also means you dont get bitch tits, loads of versions out there, clomid, clomiphene, nolvadex etc.

The world of boxing just keeps on serving up shockers, was really looking forward to this one.

he didn't fail a drug test

Traces were found in a unrine test he didn't even need to take. It was something his team paid 25 grand to have done.

Sad as is it, I guess he needed to do something to make the weight. Maybe the fight should never have been commisioned, with one needing to put on so much and one needing to lose so much.

Shame, I was really looking forward to this fight. I remember their dads ones like they were yesterday.

Sounds to me like his team timed the test wrong.

Athletes are all "at it" they just know how to stay 1 step ahead of the testers and it sounds like Benn's camp made a mistake which meant something was still in the tank when he took the test.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back