Boxing 2021

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Anyone see Josh Warrington last night?

Brutal knockout have to question why the corner let him go back out after the 4th round he was all over the place.

Anyone see Josh Warrington last night?

Brutal knockout have to question why the corner let him go back out after the 4th round he was all over the place.
Yeah that fight should have been stopped, he was allowed to go out for the next few rounds despite being on wobbly legs and eyes completely glazed over. That ref is a clown anyway, should be sacked

If it was the other lad on the floor the ref would have stopped it he looked ok in the next round but once the shots started coming again he was all over the place was a heavy shot that finally floored him.

If it was the other lad on the floor the ref would have stopped it he looked ok in the next round but once the shots started coming again he was all over the place was a heavy shot that finally floored him.
Definitely, that ref is Eddie Hearns boy, who ever is top of the bill will be given every chance to win, if that Mexican kid had been in half the trouble Warrington was it would have been stopped.

Always the way not easy for refs to judge but you could see from his legs he was gone.

I really fear for Warringtons future now, he didn't look right from the start last night and that extra punishment that his corner and the ref let him take could shorten his career. Imo he'll not be the same fighter again after last night

Been out of the ring a long time and his first fight behind closed doors which must make a difference to your adrenaline levels.

Hope for him it’s not a bad one and he can come back from it.

Huge moment for the youngster though that win will open lots of doors for him just as it will close a few for Warrington

Been out of the ring a long time and his first fight behind closed doors which must make a difference to your adrenaline levels.

Hope for him it’s not a bad one and he can come back from it.

Huge moment for the youngster though that win will open lots of doors for him just as it will close a few for Warrington
Those doors will close swiftly for Lara, he blocks punches with his face lol, horrible boxer.

Those doors will close swiftly for Lara, he blocks punches with his face lol, horrible boxer.

He bangs hard though for his weight I can’t see many wanting to risk taking him on.

It’s a real shame there was no belt on the line for him to now defend.

Crowds will love him like you say his tactic seems to be dish it out hard and take it hard and see who’s left standing at the end.

You would imagine in a rematch Warrington would be much better prepared.

Seen the latest pictures of Ruiz? He's looking in excellent shape. Come back fight (first since Joshua) rumoured to be agreed with Areola

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He's about half the man he was for that rematch with AJ.

Whyte Vs Povotkin tonight. Whyte can afford no more mistakes if he wants to be back in the title scene.

I've had a bet on the fight to finish rounds 4-6. 4/1 and Whyte to win in the 4th as I think he'll want to win it quicker than Povotkin did.

Well that was an awful fight. Povotkin looked drunk from the first bell. I hope he retires now. A long career and Covid have out an end to him. But I'll take the two winning bets with it being ended in the 4th.

Whyte needed the win he will be fuming that he got punished in that first fight he’s put that right now so will be interesting to see who he can get next.

Can he tempt Wilder out of hiding while he waits for the Joshua/Fury fights to happen maybe even take on Usyk.

Canelo stop Saunders in 8 rounds.

A brutal uppercut looks like it broke his cheekbone.

Couldn’t open his eye and the corner retired him on his stool rather than let him continue.

Just when you thought AJ vs Fury was on in August the courts get involved.

Fury told he has to face Wilder in their 3rd fight before mid September.

Yeah or a promise that he gets a fight vs the winner.

Pay off might suit Wilder after the two fights with Fury not sure he will be wanting to get back in the ring with him.

If he gets the pay off my guess is he retires should have plenty in the bank and nothing left to really prove.

Wilder isn't really being unreasonable he's entitled to a rematch but they haven't been able to get one organised because of Covid as the promoters want a crowd.

Just do a deal where he steps aside and gets first shot at the winner but boxing is never that simple because you'll have the governing bodies insisting their mandatory challengers get a shot.

Yeah it is a two fight deal but no one wants to see Wilder vs Fury again but Wilder knows it's the best chance of a pay day for him.

This is where boxing just annoys you as a fan as these two need to fight now they are clearly the two best in the division and they are in their prime we don't want to wait another year to get this one in the diary because if he is forced to fight Wilder the fight won't happen until next summer.

Wilder should really sort a fight against Ruiz, Whyte or Usyk.

Unsure how Wilder has won at arbitration when he missed the date to trigger the rematch clause and missed the date the rematch had to happen by. I see this dragging out a long time.

Unsure how Wilder has won at arbitration when he missed the date to trigger the rematch clause and missed the date the rematch had to happen by. I see this dragging out a long time.

Guessing it’s extenuating circumstances due to the pandemic.

Fury is claiming he wants £14m to step aside.

Fury Vs Wilder first press conference is one of the weird ones.

Highlights above but Wilder turned up in headphones refused to take them off and the stand off lasted 6 minutes.

Just the usual hype nonsense isn't it probably struggling to sell it on PPV as no one wants to see another round of this fight.

I really hope Fury finishes him fast he's come up with a million and one excuses for why he got beat in the second fight.

I think Fury knew he wasn't going to fight Joshua when he announced it.

Probably scared, Joshua would batter him

I think Fury knew he wasn't going to fight Joshua when he announced it.

Probably scared, Joshua would batter him

I think all parties knew the risk when they announced because of the court case with Wilder which Fury's camp knew full well would likely go the way it went.

Strange as most people seem to think Fury would be the favourite vs Joshua.

yeah, I think after his loss Joshua looks to be a bit more focused

Fury has shown he can live with the power punchers and also the clever operators so it’s hard to see past him just don’t see him allowing himself to be physically overwhelmed by Joshua

Controversy in the Bridgerweight category. Boxer continues to punch and kick boxer after knocking them down.

Should be banned for life and stripped of his license.

What an idiot.

Fury vs Wilder delayed due to covid.

Feels like the fight we all want to see Fury vs Joshua is longer away than it has ever been.

Especially if Joshua/Fury happen to lose their next fight, really puts it up in the air then.

Yeah that would be another spanner but the big thing here is both win clear away the mandatory problems then act quickly to get the fight on.

Fury's fight in now in October and Joshua is fighting in September so that rules out 2021 for both fighters both will have been dormant for a long time.

Surely if they both win they can get a fight on for early 2022 first fight in Feb/March then re-match later in the year.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back