Ben White

IDFD

Rumours today that we along with the rest of the top 6 will make a £50m bid for Ben White.

If you're like me you had to google him to find out who he is. Brighton centre back who spent last year on loan at Leeds. Hasn't played a minute of Premier League football. Crazy.

Heard the name apparently he was brilliant for Leeds last season but I don't really watch the Championship.

I think this is the lad that was talked about on the Sky Sports transfer news podcast? Leeds want him back but apparently he's a really good young player with a bright future. Talk that within the next year he may start to feature in the England set up I think.

My guess is Brighton will be looking to play him next season as he was sent to Leeds for experience but he's done so well they might be forced to cash in if the big clubs come with big offers.

I'm guessing they probably thought this summer they'd finally lose Dunk who's had interest from a few clubs then bring White in to replace him.

Signed a new 4 year deal at Brighton.

Arsenal reported to be in advanced talks for him.

Fee over 50m

Just haven’t watched him enough to say if it’s a good signing or not.

I think it's a good signing but at £50m it's very steep. Not sure how Brighton have got that much for him.

Prem to Prem
England international (sort of)
3 years on his deal.

If Maguire is the benchmark it’s probably in the right ball park it’s similar to what City paid for Stones in 2016.

I do agree though just feels like a lot of money and if I was Ben White I’d probably be thinking is it a big enough step up as Arsenal are in a right mess.

Looks basically done deal will be signed when he returns from holiday.

50m is a big fee for Arsenal they need him to pay off big.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back