Bayern Munich Discussion 2023/24

I remember he wasn’t happy that they tried to bring in Gareth Barry to replace him, from memory they were trying to sell Alonso to Arsenal to pay for Barry.

That deals both collapsed so he ended up staying 1 more year then left for Madrid, think he’d fallen out with Benitez more than the club.

It stuck in my head because I was thinking what are they playing at unsettling him he was a great player, glad he left far to good for them.

Rumour going round that they're considering bringing Nagelsmann back after the Euro's.

That would be a hell of a back track to sack him and pay him off then go crawling back 18 months later.

Rumour going round that they're considering bringing Nagelsmann back after the Euro's.

That would be a hell of a back track to sack him and pay him off then go crawling back 18 months later.
Well I'm hoping we are having a chat with him too.

Problem with him is he's not going to walk away from the Germany job before the Euros which means wherever he lands he probably isn't going to arrive early and get his feet under the table and be part of the planning process.

If I was him I'd stay well clear of Utd until you can see the new regime has got it's act together and is making better decisions.

From memory his issue at Bayern was a few of the senior players not happy at being eased out if they're no longer an issue he might want to go back and treat it as unfinished business.

Rangnick looks like the front runner to replace Tuchel.

I've been reading how excellent Dier has been for BM. Interested to see how he fairs in the CL semi.

Could be a cheapish option for CB

When I've watched him he's not looked amazing and if he's any good they'll keep him there.

I don't want him anywhere Utd seen enough of him in the premier league to known he's not good enough for this league.

Apparently Rangnick has turned them down, going to stick with Austria.

Confirmed that Tuchel is leaving.

They did have talks to discuss staying on but they've now confirmed he will depart.

Loads of reports that they’re appointing Kompany.

incredible really, Burnley played some good stuff, but went down on 24 points

Yep less points and less goals scored than Luton yet their manager is getting one of the biggest jobs in football.

Think Burnley looked a much better team in the second half of the season.

I don’t think Kompany ever really adapted with Burnley. I understand he wanted them to play good football but at some point you need to go to hell with your principles and just tighten up.

Kompany was probably way down the list for Bayern but sounds like a lot of other targets didn’t want the job.

It’s potentially a mad appointment but he will obviously have a great squad at his disposal. Sure they will add in the summer as well.

Must be a reason all these top managers are swerving them at the moment though.

Maybe the budget this summer isn't that big and they maybe need to move a few players on and rebuild a bit.

Maybe the budget this summer isn't that big and they maybe need to move a few players on and rebuild a bit.
Might be there is a sense Klopp goes there next year so effectively it’s a one year job? For someone like Kompany that might work though to boost his profile.

I read a report uniteds budget is 35m!

Are managers swerving them? or is that just gossip.

If Chelsea can attract managers, Munich should have no problem

I read a report uniteds budget is 35m!

Are managers swerving them? or is that just gossip.

If Chelsea can attract managers, Munich should have no problem

Not sure I'd read to much into that sort of stuff no one knows what the budget is, as always sales will be a big factor in what can be spent.

We don't really know but it sounds like they approached Alonso, Nagelsmann, Flick and they reconsidered keeping Tuchel but none of them were willing to stay.

Just feels like Bayern were one of those jobs where if they came calling they'd get their man this summer it seems like people are being cautious.

Bayern talking to Kompany?? have the Glazers took over Bayern ?? cant see that going well.

I reckon Klopp could be gone for good, don't think he's got the stomach for it anymore.

The way he works probably takes a lot out of him and he knows all the extra games that are coming with the extra games in the champions league plus world club cup tournaments is going to put more and more pressure on him.

He might have a crack at international football but I do think his time in club football could be done.

Back