Barcelona Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juventus do love a freebie.

You wonder if Aubameyang goes will Memphis stay?

Otherwise what is the hold up.

Didn't that article say they need to sell though, or do you think it's just lose wages

Didn't that article say they need to sell though, or do you think it's just lose wages

Wages come out of the budget to so if they get him to leave I guess they’re getting 5m off the budget as I don’t think he’s on crazy money but you also have to add on Kounde’s wage which I’m guessing will be higher than what Memphis earns.

My guess is they need to sell either rest or Aubameyang for around 10-15m to create the space they need in the budget.

Caught a bit of their game last night they were really struggling vs Sociedad but they were able to bring Fati and Rafinha off the bench and that totally changed the course of the game.

De Jong started as Busquets was suspended.

They look a shambles at the back though Sociedad just didn't quite have the quality to punish them.

Being reported that they need to generate £17m in transfer sales to register Kounde.

Have to admit I'd not really seen their young players play before but last night watching Pedri, Gavi and Fati they've got some seriously talented kids in that squad again.

Would be rather annoying if they got back to being good.

I feel the reward for having Messi and acting like absolute fools in the transfer market for a decade should be a decade of absolute dross.

One report saying united are trying one last time for De Jong

Bid £18m and see if how desperate they are :)

Not sure what going back would even mean it's not Barca we need to convince it's the player and he seems pretty set on sticking with Barca so we'd just be wasting our time.

Pretty sure all the senior players they threatened with legal action if they didn't take pay cuts told the club to do one.

Barcelona 'fear Atletico are ORDERING Antoine Griezmann to only be used as a substitute'... leaving them to miss out on a £33.8m fee because he won't trigger a transfer by starting 50% of their games

FFP has made football transfers so bloody complicated.

Think Atletico have been caught out because Juventus did something similar with Morata so that they didn't have to sign him so they've now got him back meaning they're over budget and can't sign anyone at the moment.

Barca back in the black off the pitch.

Strong start in the league 5 wins and a draw from the opening 6 games.

They're back in big financial trouble after a bonkers 3-3 draw with Inter at home last night in the Champions League.

This summers financial gamble required them making it to the knock out rounds in the Champions League.

As it stands they're 3rd 3 points off inter with 2 games to play but Inter have the head to head record in their favour.

Barca need to win their last 2 games and hope that in Inter slip up against Pilzen who've been the group whipping boys.

They're going to have to do Bayern if they're going to have any chance. I'd put everything I have on there being some 'questionable' refereeing decisions going in their favour at the Nou Camp. Perhaps an early red card and a late penalty.

They're going to have to do Bayern if they're going to have any chance. I'd put everything I have on there being some 'questionable' refereeing decisions going in their favour at the Nou Camp. Perhaps an early red card and a late penalty.

If Inter beat Pilzen it is all over no matter what Barca do.

Bayern are through already but I think they’ll want to lock in top spot so they’ll play a strong team.

Bad week for Barca following defeat in El Classico, they've now been knocked off top spot in the league by their bitter rivals.

I think FDJ has been talking about wantng to leave too

the cost of dropping out the CL is going to be bad news for them

There's rumours he's not happy with the lack of playing time, it is crazy that they still pick Busquets ahead of him. He'd be a great partner for Casemiro.

Yep the story is they budgeted based on making the quarters of the CL so looks like they'll end up way short of that. At a guess I'd say that going out in the group compared to the quarters must be a 30-40m hit especially if Sevilla and Atletico both drop out as well. If 3 Spanish sides go out early then Real Madrid hoover up the whole of the Association TV pot from the second round onwards.

I doubt De Jong leaves in January but you'd expect they'll be trying to sell him again next summer but with 1 year less on the contract he'll be worth less than he is now and there will still be the issue of deferred wages.

My guess is he bides his time and ends up starting and sticking around.

I've watched them a couple of times this season and they are great fun going forward but they are so vulnerable to counter attacks.

Pretty much wrapped up the league last night winning el classico

12 points clear with the head to head advantage so 13 clear of Real Madrid with 12 games left to play.

Looks like it will be their first league title of the post Messi era.

League title was secured at the weekend.

Club still has a 200m euro gap in the budget for next season which means they can't renew any current contracts.

Busquets has confirmed he's leaving the club which apparently saves them 40m euros.

Two of the sporting directors are off Elmeney is taking a new job at Villa and Jordi Cruyff is also leaving destination is TBC.

Apparently their plans for the summer are to try to offload Kessie, Ferran Torres and Fati.

League title was secured at the weekend.

Club still has a 200m euro gap in the budget for next season which means they can't renew any current contracts.

Busquets has confirmed he's leaving the club which apparently saves them 40m euros.

Two of the sporting directors are off Elmeney is taking a new job at Villa and Jordi Cruyff is also leaving destination is TBC.

Apparently their plans for the summer are to try to offload Kessie, Ferran Torres and Fati.
Kessie, Ferran and Fati will not generate 200 m€ but FDJ will generate 75m€ easy

They want Gundogan and Bernardo Silva.
And UEFA want to ban them from Europe and that will be too much for them.

Kessie, Ferran and Fati will not generate 200 m€ but FDJ will generate 75m€ easy

40m wages saved on Busquets plus say 100m in transfer fees for those 3 and likely saving 60m on the wage bill from those 3 moving on as well.

There will be more sales as well but all sign are De Jong will not be one of them, Now that Busquets has gone Xavi will use him in his favoured position.

It’s unlikely they’ll be splashing major cash this summer. Gundogan will be cheap due to age and contract situation and it sounds like they’ll be bringing Aubameyang back and signing Inigo Martinez from Bilbao on a free.

They are subject of an european ban next year if UEFA find them gulty of paying the ref. They will crumble under the pressure. They have no way out this Time.

They are subject of an european ban next year if UEFA find them gulty of paying the ref. They will crumble under the pressure. They have no way out this Time.

Barca being in the champions league is good news for UEFA especially when it comes to TV contracts.

It's unlikely that this goes through the courts before next season and it is likely that if the courts find them guilty then at this point a penalty would be imposed. UEFA aren't going to rule on something before the legal case.

Hope we don’t waste anymore time trying to lure FDJ here. Obviously if we get noises that he wants to come then fine but last summer was a bit embarrassing!

I dunno the reporting around any deal for a Utd player is tiring because it's non stop as Utd are big news.

I think we actually handled it pretty well put ourselves in pole position by getting the deal done with Barcelona and the fee reported sounded reasonable but at the end of the day the player didn't want to make the move so we went and signed Casemiro instead.

It felt very much like the Casemiro option was something that only appeared as an option late in the window.

Hope we don’t waste anymore time trying to lure FDJ here. Obviously if we get noises that he wants to come then fine but last summer was a bit embarrassing!
With Busquet retiring, he will finally play in his prefered position sitting in front of the CB. He will not Come, even if he is available, City will get him first

I dunno the reporting around any deal for a Utd player is tiring because it's non stop as Utd are big news.

I think we actually handled it pretty well put ourselves in pole position by getting the deal done with Barcelona and the fee reported sounded reasonable but at the end of the day the player didn't want to make the move so we went and signed Casemiro instead.

It felt very much like the Casemiro option was something that only appeared as an option late in the window.
Yes, we payed way over the odd for an aging players, because it was late in the window

Yes, we payed way over the odd for an aging players, because it was late in the window

£60m wasn’t that bad we were buying the best in the world in his position, if he was 5 years younger he’d be worth double that. Get 3 decent seasons out of him and we can be happy.

Not every deal should be assessed by profit, Utd needed a high quality centre mid with leadership skills in that midfield and they don’t come much better than Casemiro.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Apparently Barça can't sign any players this window so they may not sell De Jong at all. They need to raise money by selling but they want to protect there best players that all team want. There midfield is ungettable at the moment. We will see if that change when UEFA block them from european competition.

According to one website between Alba and Busquets that’s 50m off the wage bill for next season.

They want to sell Kessie, Fati and Ferran Torres this summer.

The league have approved their financial viability plans for the next 2 years which means they can finally sign Gavi to that new deal.

Similar to last summer though they can only spend 40% of any savings they make on new players/new contracts.

Messi is going to need to play for almost nothing to make the numbers work I believe the La Liga minimum contract is €50k per year which is what Dani Alves agreed in his final season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back