Barcelona Discussion 2021/22

Yeah those two look the real deal. That Gavi had never started a game for Barcelona and comes in and runs the show for Spain.

Barcelona are going through a rough patch but they will come roaring back no doubt. In Pedri, Gavi and Fati they have three supremely exciting youngsters.

Yeah what Gavi did was incredible went up against some of the best in the world in midfield and held his own fair play to Luis Enrique putting him in.

Talk is Ansu Fati is in talks for a new deal as well hopefully that knee injury hasn't caused to much long lasting damage.

Pre-Tax losses confirmed at 555m euro for the year at Barca.

The next highest loss in Europe was Inter 246m so they are double that of the next worse.

For some perspective last year Real Madrid basically broke even.

In the last two years they've reported losses of 689m euro but they expect to break even this season.

They are in some hole.

Some good news for them Fati has now signed a new deal that runs until 2027 with a 1bn euro release clause.

They must be paying these kids some serious money to get them to commit for contracts of this length with that release clause as there's almost no way out of that if you want to go and they want you to stay you're stuffed.

They snuck a 1-0 win last night at home to Zenit but the ground was at best half full they must be dreading the classico at the weekend.

Another loss in La Liga today - Falcao scoring the winning goal for Vallecano.

Koeman really struggling and probably under more pressure than Ole.

Damn it, more competition for a new manager. Or will they consider Xavi?

See the "it's a good job we've still got Ole on a long contract" jokes are doing the rounds.

I think the Barca job is a tougher one than the United one.
Old squad (ish) no money.

It does highlight the futility of keeping Ole on. Dead man walking

I'm not sure Xavi will want it just yet I think he'll want to make sure they've hit absolute rock bottom before he comes in as this still feels like there's some sinking to be done.

Serious chance that they won't make the top 4 this season.

BARCELONA have reportedly reached an agreement with legendary midfielder Xavi to become their new manager.

Appointing an interim makes you wonder if they will have to wait for Xavi.

He is the golden child they hope will return them to glory but he must think that this is the season to dodge let the club sink to the bottom before you start to rebuild.

Aguero had to come off at the weekend after reporting chest pain.

Was assessed by the medical team on the field before walking off the pitch and being sent to hospital for further tests.

Imagine being in charge of the finances at Barca.

So they sack Koeman which costs them 12m euro

They've decided to replace him with Xavi to get Xavi they must pay his current club Al Saad 5m euro to release him from his contract during the season.

Assuming Xavi will earn similar salary to Koeman that means changing manager has cost Barca and extra 17m euros this season.

Crowds are also way down meaning revenues won't recover to pre pandemic levels which means La Liga will continue to keep a tight grip on any spending so going to be another summer where they probably haven't got a pot to pee in.

Got another problem as well bit like our Pogba problem as Dembele's contract is up in the summer given how small an impact he's made will they offer him a new one just to avoid losing him on a free or let him go? The rumours seem to be he's getting a new contract.

Feels like a very long road back to the top for them.

Apparently they can't even afford the £5m to pay the club. Xavi may end up footing the bill. They're in a ridiculous bad state of affairs.

Yeah they need to get special permission from the league or sell a player to balance it off and stay within their budget.

I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t enjoying their implosion not that it really hit us but the way they would just openly tap up other teams players and almost bully clubs into selling never sat right with me.

Also, their holy good guy image did my head in they’re as big a scumbag club as the next one as player after player was dragged into court about dodgy taxes and the club over payments to Neymar.

Reports this morning that Aguero's condition is worse than first thought and it may force him in to retirement.

Even though he's caused me immense suffering as a Utd fan I've always quite liked Aguero it's a shame to see his career kind of dwindle in the way it has and would be a shame if he's forced into early retirement but given what we saw in the summer you can't take risks with this sort of stuff.

Worst ever career for a Barca player??

- Worst Barca side since a long time
- He signs for Barca (Messi was surely a big reason) but then Messi moves away
- Out for a two months with a injury before his debut
- And now this

Out in the group stage first time in 20 years.

Into the Europa League for the first time since 2003.

Have they even reached the bottom of the pit yet or is there still further for them to fall?

You expect they will but even finishing top 4 isn't nailed on this season.

The reduction in CL money by missing the knockout stage as well means spending caps will be reduced again.

Someone raised a good point if they drew West Ham who would be favourites over a two leg tie?

Someone raised a good point if they drew West Ham who would be favourites over a two leg tie?
The fact it’s even up for debate shows how far Barca have fallen. I think Barca would be favourites but it would be by no means a certainty. Would be a good tie to watch for sure I think.

I wonder if we could try and poach someone from them as they will have to raise funds. Would be well up for De Jong - could throw a cheeky bid in January. They can have £50m plus Pogba.

I think West Ham would do them over two legs.

Doubt they could even afford to put Pogba on the wage bill if he was free.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back