Barcelona Discussion 2021/22

They aren't a business though as they are non profit they are not their to make money.

They only want the super league to give them as big an income as possible so they can spend that money it's not about growing the size/value of the business or making profits which is what a business aims to do.

Barca needed the super league because for years presidents have run up huge debts leaving the mess to the next guy they were going broke so they needed more money to keep the club going.

Utd/Liverpool/City/Chelsea/Spurs/Arsenal were in favour of the super league because it meant the value of the clubs would sky rocket, revenues shoot up and potentially these clubs could be able to make bigger profits.

I don't know how you come up with this stuff, you should work in government

They are a business in everything but name, but anyway, I don't know why you have gone off on this tangent, I said football is a business.

I don't know how you come up with this stuff, you should work in government

They are a business in everything but name, but anyway, I don't know why you have gone off on this tangent, I said football is a business.

You said they're a business I said they're not a business and explained why if anything they're much closer to a charity as they're not allowed to money.

My original post was more about how Barcelona have sold themselves on the "more than a club" motto "mes que un club" is even printed into the seats in the ground. It's a core part of what made Barcelona a little bit different to other clubs the fact that it was owned by the members and they elected presidents.

Watching them start to behave like a regular club I think takes a way a huge part of what made them so attractive to people in the first place that was my original point.

I said football is a business, and anyway, whatever they are labelled as, they are a business.

Dictionary:

the activity of making, buying, selling or supplying goods or services for money

Unless you think they give their tickets and shirts away,

Flying again won the classico 4-0 away last night.

Let's hope they balls it all up in the summer by bringing Messi back.

Yep he's flying the new lads up top all seem to be having an impact Ferran Torres, Aubameyang and Adama Traore.

Looks likely they'll end up second in the league and they've got a good chance of lifting the europa league as well.

Flying again won the classico 4-0 away last night.

Let's hope they balls it all up in the summer by bringing Messi back.
They will always do stupid Barcelona things, probably buy back Neymar for £200m!

Really put Real to the sword last night who looked like they really missed Benzema. Barca have some really brilliant young players and their signings have surprisingly worked. 100% thought Auba would flop terribly! But he’s been a revelation.

They will always do stupid Barcelona things, probably buy back Neymar for £200m!

Really put Real to the sword last night who looked like they really missed Benzema. Barca have some really brilliant young players and their signings have surprisingly worked. 100% thought Auba would flop terribly! But he’s been a revelation.

I didn't see the game as I don't have the channel for La Liga but from the reports I've read Madrid can consider themselves lucky that it was only 4-0.

Auba is a strange one seems like the change of scenery does him good he wasn't performing at Dortmund before coming to Arsenal then hit the ground running and it seems that way at Barca just wasn't working at Arsenal and seems like a move where everyone came out a winner.

I assume they'll still be limited by what they can spend this summer but it won't be as severe and they'll probably be able to get Coutinho and Dembele off the wage bill as well.

In Xavi they've got someone who's schooled in Barca he will know that Barca can make their own stars they don't need to attract them but it hasn't stopped them talking up a deal for Haaland this summer.

Interesting article on Jordi Cruyff and the job he's doing at Barcelona as they look to rebuild.

I did see Andy Mitten suggested Utd had spoken to Cruyff about a job at Utd at some point not sure how recent those talks were but could be something keeping an eye on.

Great for the game and saw one reporter there saying the atmosphere was fantastic.

In order to dig themselves out of their financial hole the members have approved to sell 49% of their merchandise licensing rights to investors and 25% of their TV revenue to investors.

They will have the ability to buy back these stakes from investors in the future.

They estimate these deals will bring in an additional £600m of revenue to the club which will allow them to get back into the black.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back