Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool - 1/9/2013

Offered little in wide areas.

I think he has received harsh criticism, but fans are starting to or have already turned against him and I'm starting to wonder whether he has the qualities to turn it around. I can accept he's a good squad player but others may not be as charitable.

Should be fighting Giggs for a place in the stands

Poor today. First season weighed in with goals. Did I hear he has not scored in 18 months. Thanks so terrible. His corners were awful.

Frustrating. Didn't understand why he and Giggs were starting, both favour to play on left, Nani and Valencia favour the right. Giggs on the right made no sense at all. Both Young and Valencia are in a similar situation in my opinion, good defensive choices on the wings but offer very little going forward which is the main thing you want from wingers, especially when we rely on wingers to create. We only really started creating and looking threatening when Nani and Hernandez came on. Only 3 games into the season so plenty of time for him and our other wingers to turn things around but it would seem at this stage that not much has changed from last season. Hopefully Nani can stay fit and get into top form. Also get Kagawa fit and play him on the left cutting inside.

I dont really see him as a first team player. He is one of the two or three players i dont think is good enough.

Crystal Palace - 14/9/2013

Fed up of defending him and Valencia now. Largely ineffective. An 18 year old making his competitive debut did more as a sub than Young and Valencia put together. Embarrassing for the both of them.

Fed up of defending him and Valencia now. Largely ineffective. An 18 year old making his competitive debut did more as a sub than Young and Valencia put together. Embarrassing for the both of them.

Agree

Yeah I agree too. Doesnt ever really beat his fullback and his crossing is not great either. Keeping him will block Adnan who already looks A better player.

Made some good runs and was decent in parts, not good enough in the final third at all, but better than Valencia.

Decent-to-good performance. He was one of our better players today.

I am not sure I would go that far. It was one of his better games for United and I still think he was overshadowed by Adnan.

Januzaj was excellent. I thought Young was a threat and his link play with Evra looked our most likely route to a goal.

I probably agree, but I just dont see him as a first team regular. Incidentally was the penalty and booking for diving the correct decisions.

Neither do I, but I'll be happy with him if he contributes as a squad player.

The yellow card incident was a penalty for me.

I must admit my first thought was penalty, he seemed to have created a shot at goal for himself.

Drives me up the wall that he cant stand on his two feet, why is he still at the club, he offers very little

Just spoke to "the old king" on holiday in Teneriffe. He watched the game on tv and thought it was a definite Yellow card as he left his foot dangling on purpose, a la Pires. He also though there were a couple of other decent shouts for pens.

Saw nothing in either half that would convince me to start him over Welbeck, Kagawa or Nani.

Deserved his yellow, clearly threw his leg towards the opponents.

He has got pelters on Twitter and Sunday Supplement. He deserved his yellow card and he needs to be stopped. The only thing that sits uneasy with me is you would think United players are the only ones that do it. There are a hell of a lot of players out there doing it that never get a mention. Stan Collymore needs to start talking about Gerrard, Sturridge,Hazard,Toure and many many more.

Clearly looking for a pen with that first one. Before the replay was shown, I thought the 2nd was a dive too and thought he was going to see red himself but that was a pen, soft but a pen.

iOy3MlthmD4jt.gif

Manchester City - 22/9/2013

No defence your honour! I'll be kind and say he was poor today, but I'm sure the rest of you can do better than me.

Great catching practice for Hart and the ball boys as usual.

dreadful game. But what can he do. If the manager picks him he has to play, it is not his fault he is not good enough. We had flare players on the bench and in the stands. He is a safety first manager, for me getting it badly wrong.

After yesterday, i'm of the belief that we should go 3 in midfield and play more attack minded players further forward. The only reason you could justify Young starting yesterday was his defensive work and he was poor on a couple of occasions in that aspect. Our midfielders seem to be more suited to playing a 3 man midfield and I think Kagawa or Nani would prefer it too as the additional forward alongside Rooney and van Persie.

Norwich City - 29/10/2013

Crossing was offish at times, but okay overall.

I thought he played well for a change, but Norwich werent exactly great opposition

Real Sociedad - 5/11/2013

His dive was embarrassing, hopefully won't be here next season.

Terrible dive. Did little bar the cross where van Persie hit the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back