Arsenal Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were always going to have a little blip so how they would come back from that was key - and they have picked up again so credit to them.

The game at the Etihad is key for the whole title race. And hopefully we are still in the hunt by then.

Bloody late goals are going to win them the league, aren’t they? Gawd, they’re going to be insufferable…once they’re done cleaning their timelines of all the #artetaout nonsense they’ve posted.

I think it shows they have the mentality for it

Bloody late goals are going to win them the league, aren’t they? Gawd, they’re going to be insufferable…once they’re done cleaning their timelines of all the #artetaout nonsense they’ve posted.
At least you can say to a Gooner, "it's nice to see someone else win it, like that year Leicester did it." If Man City win, you've got nothing.

Actually, it does feel like the Leicester season, and a bit like the Liverpool season tbh. Like a series of events have aligned in the perfect order and they're riding that wave to a one off title that won't be repeated.

Arsenal winning the league will annoy me more than City because City have cheated their way to the top which means their achievements don't count in the same way.

I think they've got it the only thing that stops them is if they get a load of injuries hitting at the same time.

They are so good at sustaining pressure on the opponent it's just wave after wave of attack and eventually teams will crack.

I suspect they'll play their reserve team in the Europa whereas City will have big champions league games to fit in along with FA Cup distractions.

I mean if you can't celebrate wildly on the pitch after a 97 minute winner after being 2-0 down then we might as well not bother with the game anymore.

I mean if you can't celebrate wildly on the pitch after a 97 minute winner after being 2-0 down then we might as well not bother with the game anymore.
It was a brilliant moment for them, I was envious watching the celebrations.

It was a brilliant moment for them, I was envious watching the celebrations.

I hope you did what every sensible football fan would have done when Bournemouth went 2 nil up and stuck £10 on Arsenal to win.

Exactly. Another example of the FA trying to sanitise the game. Without emotion and passion, we have no game.

Exactly. Another example of the FA trying to sanitise the game. Without emotion and passion, we have no game.

I think they have to investigate because the ref mentioned it in the match report. My guess is no action will be taken.

To me the sensible punishment is Arteta is strapped to his seat for all the remaining games of the season or a sniper is positioned on the roof and the moment he steps outside his technical area it’s game over.

• Haha
Reactions: RVN
I think they have to investigate because the ref mentioned it in the match report. My guess is no action will be taken.

To me the sensible punishment is Arteta is strapped to his seat for all the remaining games of the season or a sniper is positioned on the roof and the moment he steps outside his technical area it’s game over.
Or sit him next to Lee Dixon. If he moves, Dixon talks for 10 minutes. But don't do both Dixon and the sniper or after 20 minutes, Arteta will be dancing into the centre circle with a big red X scribbled on his forehead.

Or sit him next to Lee Dixon. If he moves, Dixon talks for 10 minutes. But don't do both Dixon and the sniper or after 20 minutes, Arteta will be dancing into the centre circle with a big red X scribbled on his forehead.

Lee Dixon has really settled into the Mark Lawrenson miserable b*stard role on co-comms hasn't he.

Listening to him you'd think being paid to travel around the world watching football for a living was hard graft, most games it sounds like he's being forced to do it against his will.

Was a good game of football and Sporting looked pretty decent in bursts and scored that worldie of a chip.

Arsenal looked a lot better when Odegaard came in but overall they were very underwhelming. Probably in the long run it’ll be better for them to be out as now they can focus solely on the title run-in.

Saliba went off injured which could be a blow for them as they've had a really settled defence this season.

Think football let out a collective laugh when Ramsdale got done by a shot from the half way line, hell of a goal by the Sporting player.

To be fair, Ramsdale did well to get back but the chip was inch perfect.

What a way to go out. Concede from the halfway line and then go out on pens. I really feel for their supporters... :p

• Haha
Reactions: RVN
10 games to go in the league with no other distractions and currently sitting on an 8 point lead.

City have 11 league games to go but are still on for a potential treble (something that seems to be slightly going under the radar with the media). City are used to managing the extra games and fighting for multiple trophies but I just cant see Arsenal blowing it from here.

City probably need to win all 11 of their remaining league games they can maybe get away with dropping points in 1 game but there's very little margin for error with them now.

Arsenal throw away a two goal lead to draw against Liverpool. They are now six points clear and have played one more game.

Arsenal throw away a two goal lead to draw against Liverpool. They are now six points clear and have played one more game.
We could have done with you back in the day. When you couldn't get a paper until the morning.

They are royally screwing things up. I cannot see anything but a City win as well when they meet at their place.

Bottling it big time aren’t they.

Didn’t see the whole game but they were cruising first half.

They're 1-0 down in the first 30 seconds. Look like Spursing this up.

They’ll win this already got it back to 1-2

3-3 in the end. Can’t see them holding off City to be honest - their defence is looking shaky and I think they’ll comfortably lose at the Etihad.

That's the league done. City can afford to draw with Arsenal at home.

On the other hand, if Arsenal beat City, and it’s not beyond them, O think that’s the league won.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back