Arsenal Discussion 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
edited for you

I can't stand, Sutton, Chelsea, West Ham, Millwall, Arsenal, Spurs, Wimbledon, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Charlton, Brentford, QPR in that order for London clubs.

Arsenal are the biggest club in London by some distance.

The rebuilding job they've done over the last 2-3 seasons since Arteta came in is incredible, very similar to what Ole tried at Utd but it's been done with better signings. They've totally transformed the mentality of the club.

That said their manager is an absolute helmet and it would be quite funny if they blew it from here but equally I don't want City matching our record of 3 in a row so I'll have to stomach the Arsenal fans.

Did I say they had been the best team in the South of England over the last two decades? No I didn't. but given your recent posts its of no surprise to me you don't understand the word "distinguished".
Calling me a Liverpool fan and generalising about a club, its players, fans, and all involved in it, and labelling them "scum", more than likely because you found your self in a tricky situation with a fellow ruffian or two.
And you tell me to grow up. You grow up!

Ruffian? I was at the football with my Mum. And ran away. I'm far from one for trouble but at the time I would have been about 4'10'' and chased by a crowd of grown again all this whilst with my Mum. That's the behaviour you're currently defending and trying to victim blame.

I didn't call you a Liverpool fan I said you sound like one bleating on about Arsenals history.

And Arsenal fans are up there as the sciummiest I've come across through my personal experience not sure why that's hard for you to grasp.

Ruffian? I was at the football with my Mum. And ran away. I'm far from one for trouble but at the time I would have been about 4'10'' and chased by a crowd of grown again all this whilst with my Mum. That's the behaviour you're currently defending and trying to victim blame.

I didn't call you a Liverpool fan I said you sound like one bleating on about Arsenals history.

And Arsenal fans are up there as the sciummiest I've come across through my personal experience not sure why that's hard for you to grasp.
That’s a very hard scenario to imaging. A bunch of knife wielding fans chasing a mum and/or her 12yr old son.
Sorry you had such an experience but you just can’t generalise like that about a club and everyone involved with it.
A couple of morons doesn’t = Arsenal Football Club

edited for you

I can't stand, Sutton, Chelsea, West Ham, Millwall, Arsenal, Spurs, Wimbledon, Crystal Palace, Fulham, Charlton, Brentford, QPR in that order for London clubs.
What’s Sutton got to do with it?

They're a London team in the same division as AFC Wimbledon

That’s a very hard scenario to imaging. A bunch of knife wielding fans chasing a mum and/or her 12yr old son.
Sorry you had such an experience but you just can’t generalise like that about a club and everyone involved with it.
A couple of morons doesn’t = Arsenal Football Club

I will take my experience with Arsenal fans and use it to form my opinion on them.

There is a reason they're known for being some of the worst fans in the league and it isn't just AFTV.

I'm actually very good friends with a season ticket holder there. And even he'll tell you he hates Arsenal fans and their behaviour.

As for the best London clubs. It was the old Wimbledon and now Crystal Palace/QPR. Clubs that remember football is about the community around them.

Not sure what lays Arsenals claims to being the biggest club in the South of England now though. Just league titles? Surely Chelseas 2 champions leagues and 4 Europa leagues has something to say.

Chelsea have also surpassed them on fan base. (In terms of social media followers Chelsea have actually now surpassed Liverpool too and are second to us. Their worldwide fan base is massive now whilst Arsenal are 5th) I'd say in terms of being the biggest (as opposed to best) comes down to your fan base and that's now Chelsea.

We can call them on oil club all we want but it's 20 years of averaging a trophy a season now.

Another club I also hate. But I won't lay in to them too much given its the team my Dad and Sisters support.

Wombledon FC Rules OK

Fn-KAi0p-WIAEr-Mv-P.jpg

They were never in the top flight. I thought that was your pre-requisite.
Nor were AFC Wimbledon, which was my original point.

Then I said I changed it for you as you were upset I left out AFC Wimbledon

Chelsea and Millwall have the worst fans in London imo

sadly, I think you can go to any club and experience what IDFD did. including united

Chelsea and Millwall have the worst fans in London imo

sadly, I think you can go to any club and experience what IDFD did. including united

What's IDFD when it's at home?

And Chelsea, West Ham and Millwall are pussycats, but the North London lot are lively ....

Maybe with the profile because of the Roman era but in terms of fan base, no chance.

Arsenal have by far the biggest following in London not just currently but also historically. They've also got a massive fan base across the world that is bigger than Chelsea.

Chelsea fans are by a long way the worst fans. There's still a very nasty right wing element to their support that goes home and away.

Bit of drama for the cameras that one from Neville.

Didn't watch it, or even read it just thought the thread needed getting back on track.

What's IDFD when it's at home?
are you for real, he's the poster with the knife experience at Arsenal haha

If you think Chelsea, West Ham and Millwall are pussycats, you've not been to any London football matches.

But to get back to Arsenal, much like Spurs, I am waiting for them to shoot themslves in their foot as per usual, but it's looking less and less likely.

I still see City winning the title

They've still got to play eachother twice. City take both of them and the gap is 2 points. So guess really it hinges on those games.

A lot will ride on how those two head to head games go if City can take 4 points or more from Arsenal then it'll be a real test of their metal.

Arsenal stay injury free I think they'll get it over the line they've been pretty lucky with injuries this season they haven't had a spell where the injuries have all come at the same time.

City just don't look settled to me Pep hasn't found his best XI but we all know when they get into the groove they're pretty formidable and capable of putting on a 10-15 game winning run. Maybe that bounce back vs Spurs was what they needed to kick them back into life but they just look like a side who's going through a transition year.

I think if Arsenal can get to 90 points they'll win it as I don't think City will be able to get that many.

are you for real, he's the poster with the knife experience at Arsenal haha

If you think Chelsea, West Ham and Millwall are pussycats, you've not been to any London football matches.

But to get back to Arsenal, much like Spurs, I am waiting for them to shoot themslves in their foot as per usual, but it's looking less and less likely.

Sorry was tripping off, and yeah it's obvious now, and if you'd put a @ before his name it would have been more obvious. Just thought IDFD must to have been some splinter group of the infamous ICF.

Behave yourself, went to London to watch United play 50+ times in the 70s-90s when the Police didn't have a clue what was happening and for all their fearsome reputation they rarely if ever wanted to know when Man Utd came to town ....

Sorry was tripping off, and yeah it's obvious now, and if you'd put a @ before his name it would have been more obvious. Just thought IDFD must to have been some splinter group of the infamous ICF.
I'm still none the wiser

Nor were AFC Wimbledon, which was my original point.

Then I said I changed it for you as you were upset I left out AFC Wimbledon
As I said previously I consider them to have been top flight by association. You, and others may consider that to be more applicable to MK Dons, but I dont.
The former London club called Wimbledon FC sold their soul and identity, eventually becoming MK Dons from Buckinghamshire.
The real replacement club for Wimbledon FC is the current London based club AFC Wimbledon who play only yards from Wimbledon FC's original ground at Plough Lane.
Therefore AFC Wimbledon were top flight by association and not MK Dons.
The only other view that can be taken is Wimbledon never had a top flight football club and that would simply be erasing a remarkable, notable and highly enjoyable football moment in time, of which the 14th May 1988 was most enjoyable.

Plough lane was a crap heap, which is why they went to Selhurst Park.
Wimbledon were an awful club, the only benefit was it was easy to get tickets when United came to London.
And you're right, I don't consider AFC Wimbledon as Wimbledon, because that club moved and renamed themselves.
Are West Ham no longer the same club because they moved? Or United because they changed their name

To give the flip side since this kind of relates to my manner.

No one in Milton Keynes (city of the future) really considers MK Dons to be Wimbledon they've completely erased that part of the history from the club. The only bit that remains is the Dons part of the name which they really should sort out because Dons has nothing to do with Milton Keynes.

How all that happened remains one of the most shameful decisions in the history of England football you can't just up stick and move a team 60 miles up the motorway. Milton Keynes also did it wrong they should have created a new club stuck the money behind it to get it into the football league and done it that way. If they'd done that they'd probably get much better buy in from the people of the City... yes we are now a city.

AFC Wimbledon are the true Wimbledon.

Not sure how anyone can claim AFC Wimbledon is the original Wimbledon.

Confused to what logic is being used and that comes from someone who grew up going to the Plough Lane dog track 3 times a week as it was a 5 minute walk.

It's a brand new club formed in 2002. You don't just get to form a club and choose you're taking another clubs history.

What happened was outrageous but the club that was the top flight premier league club now plays in Milton Keynes and of that there is no doubt.

AFC should be proud of what they've achieved and in the time frame they achieved it. Take nothing away from them and will always be a club I look out for. But they have never been a top flight club.

I think MK Dons have to be recognised as a new club they even say officially they were founded in 2004.

What was Wimbledon is no more, like many other clubs that no longer exist.

Like other clubs that have gone out of business they can re-emerge which is basically what AFC Wimbledon is, it's Wimbledon 2.0

I agree with IDFD, except I don't look out for them.

They are a new club.

PS. I used to go to the dogs at Wimbledon all the time. And there was a really awful nightclub attached to football ground haha, really bad, like Sinatra's in Croydon. But in those days, it was a place open for a late drink.

Thinking about it, I think someone got murdered there.

A nightclub next to a dog track sounds like a place where someone would get murdered in a Guy Ritchie movie.

Doesn't the Palace ground have a nightclub in it/next to it? Sure it's called Crystals.

Chelsea have a small music venue built into the ground which they then use for hospitality on matchdays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back