Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

448687E1B9584B4D9802C77263161978.ashx

2016/17 Statistics
Last Updated: Europa League: Manchester United 4-0 Feyenoord - 24th November 2016
Appearances
Total 13
Premier League 10
FA Cup 0
League Cup 1
Europa League 1
Community Shield 1

Goals
Total 0
Premier League 0
FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Europa League 0

Assists
Total 0
Premier League 0
FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Europa League 0

Clean Sheets
Total 5
Premier League 3
FA Cup 0
League Cup 1
Europa League 1

Yellow Cards
Total 2
Premier League 1
FA Cup 0
League Cup 1
Europa League 0

Red Cards
Total 0
Premier League 0
FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Europa League 0

Previous Seasons

Antonio Valencia | Match Discussion thread 2015/16
Antonio Valencia | Match Discussion thread 2014/15
Antonio Valencia | Match Discussion thread 2013/14

Luis Antonio Valencia

Friendly: Manchester United 5-2 Galatasaray - 30th July 2016

Three assists.

Yeah I read that he was superb and could of won the starting RB job with that performance today.

Great to see him crossing the ball properly again. Almost like Mourinho has shown him his 2011-12 highlights reel and said "do this again".

Community Shield: Leicester City 1-2 Manchester United

His record is decent since returning from injury. I think yesterday's assist was the fourth/fifth in seven/eight games.

He's turning into a proper class right back, his defensive ability is improving and I would say he's the best attacking right back in the league. Think he's nailed on as the number one right back which I guess leaves Darmian as back up.

Yeah I think you're right which this time last year would have seemed quite ridiculous!

But Valencia has worked on his defending and he's such a good attacking outlet! It's a perfect combination with whoever plays on the right because they tend to tuck in.

He's been superb in the bits I've seen him and I'd definitely have him over Darmian who doesn't offer enough in attack.

Community Shield: Leicester City 1-2 Manchester United

His record is decent since returning from injury. I think yesterday's assist was the fourth/fifth in seven/eight games.

What was the injury? Seem to recall something about him having surgery to remove a pin that was put in when he broke his ankle, if that is the case, just wonder if that had been affecting him for a while.

Premier League: Bournemouth 1-3 Manchester United - 14th August 2016

Did well.

He dominates the right side.

He really does and gives us a great outlet on the right hand side with his pace and his work rate.

Looking back to his best. Strong, quick, direct in attack, not afraid of taking players on or losing the ball. Group of us in the pub all said that he looks like he's gone back to basics, doing what he's best at. Mourinho getting the best out of him and others.

Still not attacking enough for my liking. He was a bit hesitant in going forward. Felt like he was still looking for a safe pass than take on his man.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-0 Southampton - 19th August 2016

89% pass acc.
4 blocks
3 take-ons
3 clearances
2 interceptions

Best he's been since 2011. Great to have the Valencia of old back. I think people forgot how good he was for us.

Premier League: Hull City 0-1 Manchester United - 27th August 2016

He was like a man possessed in the first half.

He kept getting forwards so got to give him credit for that... And he did what was needed in defense but his crossing was back to how bad it had been last year!

World Cup 2018 Qualifier: Ecuador 2-0 Chile - 6th October 2016

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Premier League: Liverpool 0-0 Manchester United - 17th October 2016

Excellent tackle that. Saved our ass there. He did his defensive duty but wasn't very good going forward.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-1 Arsenal - 19th November 2016

For me, he's our most underrated player. He was great today. He plays as a full back and winger rolled into one.

I'd like to see him move back to a more advanced role given his form, thought that was something we could have explored as a Plan B when it was 0-0.

He's been very good under Mourinho. I'd imagine most of the criticism/fact he's underrated stems mostly from the past few years but a finger can be pointed at our managers back then for his form, particularly van Gaal. Very stifling philosophy to play under as a wide player, particularly. Looks like he's playing with far more freedom now and he's thriving.

FA Cup: Chelsea 1-0 Manchester United - 13th March 2017

Superb tonight and for me player of the season so far. Can't remember a bad performance all season, even when the team has been poor he has been solid.

Superb tonight and for me player of the season so far. Can't remember a bad performance all season, even when the team has been poor he has been solid.

Totally agree with what you said. Player of the season and really worked on the defensive side of his game. Remember this guy came back from an horrific leg break against Rangers some years ago. He is a machine.

Premier League: Middlesbrough 1-3 Manchester United - 19th March 2017

What a way to score your first goal in 3 years! Just shows what a difference it makes to have someone chasing lost causes.

If the voting was done honestly he'd win by a mile but I imagine Zlatan will get the popular vote and clean up the awards

That'll happen if he finishes the season strongly but can't see it at this point. Without injury, Mata was a contender, think Herrera is a popular choice too.

Valencia has been solid as a rock for the last 18 months at RB really since he came back from injury in LVG's 2nd season and credit has to go to LVG for converting him to a RB there were a few teething problems early on but he's totally nailed it now still think for the amount of ball that he sees in the team he should score more goals and get more assists but like everyone his assist stats could be down because of our terrible finishing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back