Status
Not open for further replies.
Scary thing is that at just 20 he can improve and be more consistent. Could have had 3 goals and 3 assists tonight. He was that good. Also, there was one run tonight where it looked like I was watching the game in fast forward; balance, pace and close control.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's our United!!! That's the team we all know and love. The team that hits teams with that pace and power and just devastates the opposition!

And look... Surround Mata with pace and he plays the game at pace. Shocker...

Sunderland 2-1 Manchester United - 13th February 2016

Fantastic finish.

Just simply class!

The only way he could score that was with a delicate little chip and boy did he get it just perfect!

Still want to see him through the middle in the coming years but hey whilst he's having an influence from out wide there's no need.

Why do we move him whenever Depay comes on? He should get priority.

Completely 100% agree! He was having a lot of joy in the first half. Second half he gets moved and barely influenced the game.

If your going to move him (which is stupid when he's having a lot of joy) then you move him infield. Second half we barely got a look in because we lacked that wide threat.

Don't understand why Memphis hasn't been tried on the right or given a go upfront again where he played well and scored when we played at Watford.

Martial should be playing on the left all the time because he's absolutely ripping right backs apart. Think it's his best position to be honest.

Completely agree about Memphis being played either on the right or up top. He did well up front against Watford and can offer a physical presence but also that speed.

Leave Martial on the left because he's much more effective cutting in from the left on his right foot. He goes past people and looks to create whereas Memphis just tries to work an opening for himself.

FC Midtjylland 2-1 Manchester United - 18th February 2016

He should never pass the ball.

Well he's only giving it to players who will let the team down and give away the ball. So yeah I vote that he's never allowed to pass the ball again.

Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United - 10th March 2016

Another attacker to suffer under Van Gaal?

Yup, he's been van Gaal'd, he can join the likes of di Maria on the list.

God I hope it's not too late...

Get LVG out and let this lad flourish!

I was worried earlier this season that maybe LVG would eventually sap the fun out of Martial's game. At one point it looked like he had but then Martial had a good run.

I'm hoping he's just struggling having played so much, struggling having carried the team and struggling because nobody around him is good enough.

To save him from being Van Gaal'd! From becoming a functional player who wants to keep the ball first and foremost. Who would rather check back and play it simple than go at his man.

Manchester United 1-1 West Ham United - 13th March 2016

Thought he really was key to everything good that we did yesterday. He was a threat when on the left but then continued to get involved when he moved in to the middle. And he was instrumental in the goal. Not just because he finished the chance but he created the opening with a great touch in the build up.

Manchester City 0-1 Manchester United - 20th March 2016

Anonymous a lot of the time especially when we were getting battered in the second half but his ability to take the ball up field and hold it up relieves a lot of pressure.

I thought he played pretty well today... When we got the ball out to him he looked a real menace. The problem at times with him being out wide is we don't get the ball out to him enough but when we do we look a real threat. Certainly in the second half when we needed him to keep hold of the ball he did that.

Manchester United 1-0 Everton - 3rd April 2016

It's a great great team goal that... The touch by Mata at the start of the move is spot on. The little flick by Rashford is nonchalant and the ball across the box is inch perfect. Once again Martial comes to our rescue.

Everton 1-2 Manchester United - 23rd April 2016

Big game player and can win matches by himself. Goooaallll.

He was a menace on the left all day today. Excellent composure for the goal.

Great player! Caused Everton problems all day long. In fact I felt so sorry for Besic after only 15 minutes.

And it's days like today when I think Martial may always be best out wide. He needs to be allowed freedom but when he gets the ball out wide and cuts inside he's a menace. When he plays up front I feel it takes away a bit from his game as he needs then to be more central or we lose balance.

Incredible player. Have yet to see a fullback able to handle him properly, he just eases past them for fun. His assist for Fellaini was excellent.

Yeah he really is a nightmare. It's because he can go either way, he will drift in field but can also hold the width. As a defender you just can't tell what he's going to do next. He's got such great balance and variety to his play. He can play it simple, he can find a clever pass or he can go past you. He's capable of sucking multiple defenders in only to pick out a then free team mate. And that's why I'm thinking that left hand side could be his future position.

In, out, in, out, defenders must feel dizzy trying to defend him.

I know I wouldn't want to! Any player with pace and the ability to go either way would be a nightmare. And poor poor Besic who isn't even a full back... I bet he doesn't know what had hit him.

Manchester United 1-1 Leicester City - 1st May 2016

Hopefully even better next season, ending the season very strongly. Hopefully have a bit more around him next season too.

Yeah you'd have to think so... Thought for the most part he was quiet today but he took his goal brilliantly. Thought too often though he looked to give the easy pass out to Rojo rather than getting at his full back. But I liked how he arrived in the box at the right time to take his goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back