Status
Not open for further replies.
Was named man of the match, here's his individual highlights.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Everton 0-3 Manchester United - 17th October 2015

Toyed with Coleman today. His decision making for his age is incredible. His balance is very good as well when he's trying to beat a man.. It's been said a lot already but he is very reminiscent of Henry, more so today coming in from the left. Seems to be our best players or one of our best players every game. Maybe only Schneiderlin was more impressive today, for me.

Absolutely ridiculous the way he toyed with Coleman. He beat his man time and time again even though they were doubling up on him. Top class player. Only bugbear that I have with his gameplay is his shots from outside the box. But that is only a small one.

Good game but he should definitely be upfront. Shunt Rooney out wide.

CSKA 1-1 Manchester United - 21st October 2015

Top header.

Prefer him upfront. Goal aside, quite a poor performance full of unsuccessful take ons. And of course giving a penalty away didn't help.

Great header though. Miss his pace in behind in games like tonight.

It would be good if we didn't move our best striker out wide. Nice goal.

Manchester United 0-0 Manchester City 2015

Dread to think what we would look like if we didn't sign him.

No Manchester United player completed seven dribbles in a Premier League game last season. Anthony Martial has done so in each of his last two appearances.

normally I'd say I have good knowledge of football and know most talents. But for me this came out of nowhere. I knew his name and remembered his game against Arsenal in the CL but I'd have never thought he could be an first team regular for us instantly. This is something that amazes me with football. From one to the other things can change without any warning. Hope his development will see him only get better. 2nd season will be crucial.

Crystal Palace 0-0 Manchester United - 31st October 2015

The only player to look like he could do something. Again.

France 1-0 Germany - 13th November 2015

Assist:

Why was the game allowed to carry on with shootings outside the stadium? God knows what would have happened if they had got in. I'm glad Martial has done well anyway.

Manchester United 0-0 PSV - 25th November 2015

He must be understanding the tactics better as he's getting worse.

He didn't look match ready. I forgot he was playing in the second half.

Leicester City 1-1 Manchester United

His touch at the minute is worse than Rooney's.

he's currently not taking on defenders as he did in his early days. Dip's in form at this age are quite normal.

Wolfsburg 2-1 Manchester United - 8th December 2015

two forward passes and a goal. Amazing, van Gaal must be furious we haven't kept the ball longer!

Manchester United 1-2 Norwich City - 19th December 2015

anthony-martial-manchester-united-norwich-touch-map_3391078.jpg

Thierry Henry on Manchester United's use of Anthony Martial

Thierry Henry believes Anthony Martial is being played too wide at Manchester United, and should be their main striker at all times.

Martial has not scored in the Premier League for 10 games, having made a blistering start to his United career with four goals in four games.

And Henry, the forward Martial had been compared to upon his arrival at Old Trafford for £36m from Monaco in September, says his compatriot should be the focal point of attack.

Drawing on Martial's position out wide during an attack and his first-half touch map in United's 2-1 defeat by Norwich on Saturday, Henry said on Monday Night Football: "What are you doing here? I actually do not know what he is doing there.

"He should be there [in the penalty area], having a one versus one, scoring and celebrating. Is it fear? Is it because they have been brainwashed a bit too much? I just don't get it.

"They wanted a guy who scored goals. They wanted a guy to run in behind fast. He came in and did that. Suddenly now he finds himself out there, almost not touching the ball.

"I think if I had a player like that, he would be my No 9 and the rest are around him."

Pressure is building on manager Louis van Gaal, with United out of the Champions League and now out of the Premier League top four.

Carragher echoed Henry's words regarding Martial, while suggesting the 20-year-old's disciplined position out wide is a product of Van Gaal's instructions.

"The interesting thing is that's the instruction from Van Gaal, to stay wide," said Carragher. "Let's not forget, he is a centre forward slash winger, so normally you would be expect him to make those runs inside.

"But he's had so much instruction now, that he has stayed out wide. That touch map is from a [Jesus] Navas of Man City, someone who hugs the touchline, tries to beat the full back and put a cross in.

"You see how many touches he has had? Not one touch in the box, and just the one cross. So he's not even pulling wide and doing damage.

"And that all comes from the instruction of the manager, and why Man United never look like scoring in the game."

Manchester United 2-1 Swansea City - 2nd January 2016

A truly special player. Making all the difference. MotM for me.

Worth every penny of the £58m we paid for him. Brilliant header for the goal and a typical mazy run for the assist.

Derby County 1-3 Manchester United - 29th January 2016

He was very good. His best performance for a while.

A very good performance from him. Looked to be tiring at the end there. All our attack came from his side.

So much for me thinking that he may need a rest. So impressive for 20 years old. Physically, technically and mentally very strong already, bit of a freak really.

Manchester United 3-0 Stoke - 2nd February 2016

Looks even more devastating on the counter attack. Imagine how much destruction he'd have caused had we played like this all season. Brilliant finish for his goal and assist for Rooney. It's been said countless times before but he's an incredible talent.

When this kid drives at people my god he's a terrifying sight for any defender.

He's got such great balance, skill blended with a direct run! And you know he's not always going to try and beat his man. He will lay it off, look to drag players in and then feed his team mate. Or he could just drive at you, go past you and finish it off. What a player we've got on our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back