Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can't agree with you. He is the only midfield player we have that at least tries to pass and move. He will be missed by me and plenty of other United fans.

For his own sake? I hope he goes to a team who will utilise him and make him one of their key players.

Obviously if LVG goes this summer then the new manager might be willing to do that. But he deserves better than sitting on the bench for us. I know he played yesterday but once again that was down to injuries and suspensions. Because now that Fellaini is fit again, Carrick is back in midfield and Schweinsteiger is returning to fitness then Herrera is falling down the pecking order. Despite the fact that he was playing really well and forming an exciting partnership with Schneiderlin.

Herrera is a fringe/squad player, for me. I think we can and should aim for better for the first team.

See what I see is a player with real ability who can and does make a difference for the team when he plays. He's one of the few players at the club who gets his head up and wants to pass forwards. From midfield he gets in to attacking positions and wants to create chances. Plus he's got the energy to play a high pressing game which is when we play our best football.

If we are saying we can get better at the club then yes we probably can. Tbh you can say that about every position atm with the exception of goalkeeper and maybe left back if Shaw comes back the same. As things stand I believe he should be in the first team.

His mobility sets him apart from the other midfielders at the club. He doesn't possess the quality of a Carrick or Schweinsteiger. His passing can be inconsistent, his range of passing is limited and creativity/end product can be better.

Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Herrera plus 1-2 additions in the summer will be decent midfield options for next season.

His mobility sets him apart from the other midfielders at the club. He doesn't possess the quality of a Carrick or Schweinsteiger. His passing can be inconsistent, his range of passing is limited and creativity/end product can be better.

Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Herrera plus 1-2 additions in the summer will be decent midfield options for next season.

I don't actually see the quality that Schweinsteiger has brought us. Don't get me wrong he was a quality player but he's not been for us.

Mobility in our midfield is a big issue and it's no coincidence that our best games this season have come when Herrera has been in midfield. But I do agree we can do better and that Herrera in competition with Schweinsteiger Schneiderlin and an addition or two would be great.

Schweinsteiger has been average for United, mainly due to deteriorating mobility.

Agreed! He's really only been useful to try and close out games. But yeah he's not got the legs, he's not got the pace and I think he has struggled with the pace.

That said... I'd keep him on! With Carrick likely to leave in the summer we need that experienced head in midfield... Especially if we look to bring in a younger midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back