Amad Diallo | Match Discussion thread 2021/22

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hard to know what to do with Amad atm. Clearly way too good for u23s but probably not ready for the first team. Do we think on loan for the second half of the season?

Because they've got Greenwood, Rashford and Sancho all occupying wide spots. Ronaldo is going to be around for at least another year beyond this one. At some point young players need to play for their club before the window passes them by.

Because they've got Greenwood, Rashford and Sancho all occupying wide spots. Ronaldo is going to be around for at least another year beyond this one. At some point young players need to play for their club before the window passes them by.
And all those players need to show their worth before we say they occupy those positions. All those players can occupy all the front 3 positions and it is just possible that Amad can come through and be better than any of them. You can never have too many good players

And all those players need to show their worth before we say they occupy those positions. All those players can occupy all the front 3 positions and it is just possible that Amad can come through and be better than any of them. You can never have too many good players
I mean look I don't disagree. I am not a huge fan of Rashford and I think he's overrated. And I know many will argue that and that's fine but that's my opinion. But I don't think Amad will even get the chance to usurp him.

I mean look I don't disagree. I am not a huge fan of Rashford and I think he's overrated. And I know many will argue that and that's fine but that's my opinion. But I don't think Amad will even get the chance to usurp him.
Personally I do not disagree about Marcus. I think he has all the attributes I am just not sure about his football brain. A new manager, you assume, would come in with every player having a clean slate. The one thing I am looking forward to if we get a new manager is whether these so called Ole faves are actually faves or genuinely the best we have.

Personally I do not disagree about Marcus. I think he has all the attributes I am just not sure about his football brain. A new manager, you assume, would come in with every player having a clean slate. The one thing I am looking forward to if we get a new manager is whether these so called Ole faves are actually faves or genuinely the best we have.
Yeah I suspect a little bit of both. Every manager has their favs and I'm sure some of those will be the same for the next manager and some different. Rashford may be because of the things he can bring like his pace, his skill and his commitment to united. I still think ultimately he's a very good player but way too inconsistent.

Think it’ll be a loan move in January.

Good that he’s fit again that injury cost him a loan to Feyenoord in the summer hopefully we can get him into a decent side in a decent league for the second half of this season as it’s unlikely he will see much football at Utd this season.

Great move chance to play in a team where he should see plenty of the ball and will be exposed to the intense pressure that comes with playing for a club like Rangers where every result matters.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back