Alejandro Garnacho | Match Discussion thread 2022/23

I’ve just seen the tackle MOTD2 didn’t show it.

Looks a fair tackle to me Garnacho has just been unlucky with the way his ankle gets trapped.

Sadly some idiots used the injury to Garnacho as a reason to go online and racially abuse Walker-Peters.

I’ve just seen the tackle MOTD2 didn’t show it.

Looks a fair tackle to me Garnacho has just been unlucky with the way his ankle gets trapped.

Sadly some idiots used the injury to Garnacho as a reason to go online and racially abuse Walker-Peters.
Mindless oxygen thieves.

The social media outlets need to have a zero tolerance policy on these users and immediately delete the accounts, and forward the information to the authorities. A single form of ID should also be prerequisite in the process of creating accounts.

Posted on Instagram that he'll be missing the upcoming games for United and Argentina.

No idea if there is a recall clause or not but wonder if it’s crossed ETH’s mind to recall Diallo just to beef up numbers.

Blow for Garnacho as no doubt he would have started against Betis and maybe even Fulham. Also disappointing he misses out for Argentina but he will get plenty more chances with them.

No idea if there is a recall clause or not but wonder if it’s crossed ETH’s mind to recall Diallo just to beef up numbers.

Blow for Garnacho as no doubt he would have started against Betis and maybe even Fulham. Also disappointing he misses out for Argentina but he will get plenty more chances with them.

You can't recall players from loan outside of the transfer windows, he's with Sunderland to the end of the season now.

Sancho, Pellistri, Elanga are going to need to step up and become the impact player we need off the bench.

Best case seems to be he misses 2 games for us and then he's back after the international break, shame as it's 2 games he'd have got playing time.

You can't recall players from loan outside of the transfer windows, he's with Sunderland to the end of the season now.

Sancho, Pellistri, Elanga are going to need to step up and become the impact player we need off the bench.

Best case seems to be he misses 2 games for us and then he's back after the international break, shame as it's 2 games he'd have got playing time.
I thought you could recall players at anytime if there was a clause in the contract? Didn’t think it had to be specifically in a transfer window - could be wrong though.

It is probably best he stays at Sunderland as he is doing so well but excited to see him back with us, as he has really pushed on this season.

I thought you could recall players at anytime if there was a clause in the contract? Didn’t think it had to be specifically in a transfer window - could be wrong though.

It is probably best he stays at Sunderland as he is doing so well but excited to see him back with us, as he has really pushed on this season.

Loan deals now are either 6 month or full season. I think we had the option to recall him in January but we decided not to and I think bringing him back now would be a mistake.

The end of the season is lots of high pressure games where he will start and be relied on by his team to deliver, a pressure he won’t have been used to before. they’ve got 8 games to go and are 4 points off the playoffs so they are right in the mix. Sadly Amad missed the last game with an injury

This has been reported across many outlets-

Argentina could throw a massive spanner in our chances of seeing him again this season.

The under 20 World Cup starts 20th May and if fit Garnacho is expected to be selected meaning Utd will have to release him I think 1 week before the tournament starts.

I think the U-20 WC would be a great opportunity for him to get himself back to match fitness and show what he can do on a (relatively) big stage. Providing he's actually signed that damn 5 year contract, of course.

Get his match sharpness back just in time to have 4 weeks off.

He would be going before the end of the season if selected which seems crazy but I’m sure there’s a reason for it.

If he is fit to return his focus should be on helping Utd you should always test yourself at the highest standard

Sat, May 20, 2023 - Sun, Jun 11, 2023? Those are odd dates. Yeah, ramping up and then taking the summer off isn't ideal, but a lot of young players can struggle with the mental side of coming back from a long term injury, so getting that out of his system would be a positive.

Argentina have a good record in this tourney, winning it a record 6 times. Assuming he's back to form, you'd think he'd play a large part in a deep run and potentially a winning side. That would probably be more valuable than coming off the bench for United.

For me, that test at the highest standard comes next season, when there's expectations and progress to be seen.

I’m guessing there are other tournaments going on that they don’t want to clash with in terms of schedule. There is the women’s World Cup this summer i don‘t think there’s any senior men’s tournaments.

Yeah it’s on home soil so a test of pressure for him he apparently wasn’t happy to be left out of the senior squad and you would think a fully fit Garnacho would be one of the stars of the tournament.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Oh, Mascherano is in charge? Never mind. :p

He’s back in training but not ready to return to the squad for matches.

Pleasantly surprised that he seems to have buckled-down and not gone into a full-on strop after been refused permission to play at the u20 World Cup, think if he'd been born in Argentina though he would have.

Seems silly that they're playing that tournament when the season is still going on surely they could have played it in late June/July to allow sides to send full squads.

Iqbal is in a similar situation the club didn't let him go with Iraq because of the injury to Sabitzer meaning he might be required.

The reports that I saw generally said he wanted to go but understood the reason why the club had to block it.

There's top 4 and a cup final and he will be a part of all the remaining matches as a starter or sub so they had to block him going.

If we'd lost the cup semi and tied up top 4 early I think they'd have let him go.

Seems silly that they're playing that tournament when the season is still going on surely they could have played it in late June/July to allow sides to send full squads.

Iqbal is in a similar situation the club didn't let him go with Iraq because of the injury to Sabitzer meaning he might be required.

Could have changed the timing easy enough but these tournaments are massive for the hosts and are planned years ahead, and if FIFA hadn't bent over for the Qataris' and moved the World Cup late in the day, the dates would've been fine.

I did read somewhere it was his decision, he wanted to stay and help us get top 4.

Conflicting reports, granted

Doesn't really matter either way, but South American young players in general have a love affair with the competition, to most Europeans it's just an inconvenience.

Could have changed the timing easy enough but these tournaments are massive for the hosts and are planned years ahead, and if FIFA hadn't bent over for the Qataris' and moved the World Cup late in the day, the dates would've been fine.

The tournament was delayed from 2021 to 2023 and in March they moved the whole thing from Indonesia to Argentina.

The Qatar world cup was moved to winter years ago this could easily have shifted along in the calendar.

From memory the reason it was put in early was to stop it clashing with the women's world cup as FIFA didn't want two competitions running at the same time.

The tournament was delayed from 2021 to 2023 and in March they moved the whole thing from Indonesia to Argentina.

The Qatar world cup was moved to winter years ago this could easily have shifted along in the calendar.

From memory the reason it was put in early was to stop it clashing with the women's world cup as FIFA didn't want two competitions running at the same time.

We do keep you and your research team busy don't we? ;)

Podcasts and a little website called Google is all you need my friend.

Give up on google, all I get now is "what the hell do you want to know now, you want to know the ins and outs of a fart, go for a walk ...."

May I suggest a long walk

What you mean like John O'Groats to Land's End? Nah not with my ankles, hip, knees and general laziness, now a walk to the pub up the road., or a walk to the kerb to catch a taxi to the pub up the road, please do ...

Brilliant cameo, he was a threat every time he touched the ball.

A summer of strength and conditioning training needed, me thinks, then he’ll be ready to be a regular in the starting 11.

Will we ultimately have a problem next season when Garnacho should be a regular starter? Presuming we buy a top class striker, it’s hard to see Garnacho, Rashford and Kane for example being in the same side unless you shoe horn one of Garnacho/Rashford on the right which isn’t either of their strengths.

Will we ultimately have a problem next season when Garnacho should be a regular starter? Presuming we buy a top class striker, it’s hard to see Garnacho, Rashford and Kane for example being in the same side unless you shoe horn one of Garnacho/Rashford on the right which isn’t either of their strengths.

I'm hearing Rashford will move this Summer clearing the way for Garnacho.

:rolleyes:

Hopefully. We’ve had such a dearth of attacking prowess this season that I’m sure ETH would snap your hand off for a problem like this.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back