Adrien Rabiot

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Honestly can we just burn down the stadium and forget about this club now.

What the hell is going on.

We are an embarrassment

2 bloody months they've had, actually since they sacked Ole.

And this is it, same starting 11 practically that were woeful last season, and the same old uninspirig players being chased.

Pathetic.

I have given up on this season already. This time next year we'll have Poch as manager, mark my words.

Hate this team at the moment

I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with the signing if they were to get him. But this is a panic move and suggests De Jong isn't going to happen. I've said all along they needed 2 midfielders so if it's Rabiot and De Jong / alternative I don't see that as a big issue.

If its Rabiot instead of De Jong then that's a real issue.

I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with the signing if they were to get him. But this is a panic move and suggests De Jong isn't going to happen. I've said all along they needed 2 midfielders so if it's Rabiot and De Jong / alternative I don't see that as a big issue.

If its Rabiot instead of De Jong then that's a real issue.

Well there is he's a notorious trouble maker and never really settled into anyone's first team obviously has ability but he's flaky not consistent so never really nails down first team spots.

I just don't see why they are bringing a player like that into the club same with Arnautovic.

desperate is why.

Absolute shambles of a transfer window.

We've brought in a back up LB, a CB who looked shaky yesterday, and a player who lets be honest is back up to Bruno, or takes Bruno's place. So only 1 new player to the starting 11.

This team needed wholesale changes to the starting 11. It's basically the same team as last year, the worst in my history as a fan, but with players having left.

We are in desperation mode! Scrambling around for anyone!

Rabiot is a very good player on paper but a guy who will probably cause trouble.

Desperate times.

It's done according to a SkySports breaking news. I really wanted him about 4 years ago. But his career never kicked on.

One game of watching McFred was too much.

Ability wise he's better than what we've got but trouble always seems to follow him.

It's done according to a SkySports breaking news. I really wanted him about 4 years ago. But his career never kicked on.

One game of watching McFred was too much.

And close to Arnautovic

I think this might be it for me. Done with the game. I hate the club, just don't think I can do this any more.

A of team players I absolutely hate, and now they add a racist.

Rabiot and possibly Arnautovic - oh goody!

We are the gift that keeps giving for opposition clubs/fans - we are definitely a laughing stock. I thought we had stepped away from these types of signings.

Like jsp said he’s better than we have ability wise but he’s a loose cannon.

Rabiot and possibly Arnautovic - oh goody!

We are the gift that keeps giving for opposition clubs/fans - we are definitely a laughing stock. I thought we had stepped away from these types of signings.

Like jsp said he’s better than we have ability wise but he’s a loose cannon.

So was Cantona, SAF was advised to give him a wide berth ....

Can't believe this is the best 6 months of research has come up with. Shocking.

Another totally average player joins the club to extend the period our CM has been crap by another few years

Hardly average, if France win the World Cup, and they will if they keep Mbappe fit he'll be a crucial player in their team.

Not anymore.
Because of France next best thing (Tchouameni).
Anyway, Rabiot will play because Pogba is injured.

Nah mate he'll play because he's been lighting up Old Trafford for 3 months, and not because Pogba might not be fit.

I haven’t seen him play at Juventus, but he doesn’t impress me enough when playing for France. On the other hand, this might be the kind of player that wants to play for us, we might just not be able to get any better.
If we go this way, I rather have some young kids as back up to what we’ve got. It was always going to be a season without competing for cups, we need a complete rebuilt. Give the kids some playing time.

If we go this way, I rather have some young kids as back up to what we’ve got. It was always going to be a season without competing for cups, we need a complete rebuilt. Give the kids some playing time.
I'm good with United signing Rabiot purely based on being better than what they have. He's not the answer but he's an upgrade and I've said for a long time they need better play in midfield. But I agree at this point I'd also rather players like Iqbal and Savage get more playing time certainly ahead of McTominay.

He's cheap and he's better than McTominay.

Doubt he'd be anyone's first pick but it might be one we just have to take the chance on and see how it goes.

He's cheap and he's better than McTominay.

Doubt he'd be anyone's first pick but it might be one we just have to take the chance on and see how it goes.

I'm cheap and better than McTerminator, oh how we laughed ....

Now the Arnautovic deal has gone, I can look at this deal in more detail. Both of them jsut set the alarm bells off.

I think long term he is not the solution, but he does improve what we have. I think we need this deal plus FDJ not instead of.

The problems we all know about, his mother, his attitude if he is not getting picked. He was bought while Allegri wasn't at the club, and he clearly doesn't feel like he's a player he wants to keep around. Sounds like he's tried him in a few positions and it's not worked.

It's risky, but we are desperate.

How does he improve what we have? Adrien Rabiot: Why do Manchester United want to sign Juventus midfielder?

Mina Rzouki - "If Rabiot is being looked upon as the solution to Man Utd's midfield then I would be very surprised. I'm yet to really understand what it is that he excels at...He's not dynamic, he's not particularly fast, his defensive markings can be a little bit off-key and he hasn't really excelled at Juventus..."

Nicky Bandini - "At Juventus, he's been thrust into this role where he's sitting and being this player who spreads the play, maybe that's a better use for him because he's really quite inconsistent with his short passing. There was a horrible game against Venezia last season where he was trying to play a two-yard ball and sent it 15 yards. His control in the passing range is not a strength for me...
Overall it's really hard to identify what he does well consistently."

After prioritizing CM all window, this is the best we could come up with? Tells you everything you need to know about the state of this club.

How does he improve what we have? Adrien Rabiot: Why do Manchester United want to sign Juventus midfielder?

Mina Rzouki - "If Rabiot is being looked upon as the solution to Man Utd's midfield then I would be very surprised. I'm yet to really understand what it is that he excels at...He's not dynamic, he's not particularly fast, his defensive markings can be a little bit off-key and he hasn't really excelled at Juventus..."

Nicky Bandini - "At Juventus, he's been thrust into this role where he's sitting and being this player who spreads the play, maybe that's a better use for him because he's really quite inconsistent with his short passing. There was a horrible game against Venezia last season where he was trying to play a two-yard ball and sent it 15 yards. His control in the passing range is not a strength for me...
Overall it's really hard to identify what he does well consistently."

After prioritizing CM all window, this is the best we could come up with? Tells you everything you need to know about the state of this club.

Oh well if a couple of nobodies that not even their parents have heard of, and a few meaningless stats help you make your mind up .....

Oh well if a couple of nobodies that not even their parents have heard of, and a few meaningless stats help you make your mind up .....

I've heard of both of them surprised you haven't come across either.

Nicky Bandini has written for the Guardian for years as a reporter on Italian Football she's also done work for ESPN. You may have come across her under her previous name Paolo Bandini?

Mina Rzouki has reported for the BBC on Italian football before not sure where else she works.

Both at times were guests on the excellent world football phone in as experts on European Football especially Italian football.

I've heard of both of them surprised you haven't come across either.

Nicky Bandini has written for the Guardian for years as a reporter on Italian Football she's also done work for ESPN. You may have come across her under her previous name Paolo Bandini?

Mina Rzouki has reported for the BBC on Italian football before not sure where else she works.

Both at times were guests on the excellent world football phone in as experts on European Football especially Italian football.

Oh they are both Women, it gets even better. Point still stands.

I could if I was of the mind to post a dozen articles saying he'd be a great signing for United.

Oh they are both Women, it gets even better. Point still stands.

I could if I was of the mind to post a dozen articles saying he'd be a great signing for United.

Because a women couldn't possibly know more than you about football?

The proof is in the pudding with this guy he's 27 years old PSG let him go in his prime because he wasn't reliable and caused them to many headaches off the pitch and it seems 3 years later Juventus are doing the same.

He has 1 good game a season and dines out on it for 12 months.

Utd are taking a huge gamble on him because we are desperate.

Because a women couldn't possibly know more than you about football?

The proof is in the pudding with this guy he's 27 years old PSG let him go in his prime because he wasn't reliable and caused them to many headaches off the pitch and it seems 3 years later Juventus are doing the same.

He has 1 good game a season and dines out on it for 12 months.

Utd are taking a huge gamble on him because we are desperate.

You'd have thought PSG, Juve and his International Manager Didier Deschamps would have picked up on that, if true.

Every transfer is a huge gamble.

You'd have thought PSG, Juve and his International Manager Didier Deschamps would have picked up on that, if true.

Every transfer is a huge gamble.

Well PSG did they backed out of contract talks and sent him to train with the U23's for the last 6 months of his deal because he was acting like a spoilt brat.

Juventus took a gamble on a free transfer (because they sign every out of contract player it would seem) but are trying to sell him because they've clocked he's not good enough to play for them every week if they want their title back.

He was out of the international setup for a while because he refused to go on a reserve list for the 2018 world cup squad.

If you are truly a world class footballer people put up with your nonsense if your not they tend to get tired of you and move you on.

Utd I think are taking a big gamble that they can get a couple of good seasons out of him because we're in a desperate position it's why Juventus probably haven't had to many calls about Rabiot this summer.

Right. So, let's ignore the opinions of people who actually watch Italian football and the numbers that quantify his impact? On what then shall we base our opinions?

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back