Status
Not open for further replies.
Club America - 18/7/2015

Thought he did very well centrally too. Like Depay, probably see him more out wide for now but certainly has it in him to play centrally. Grown a fair bit and looks stronger.

San Jose Earthquakes - 22/7/2015

Looked like his heart wasn't in it today. Could be that he was tired coz of the training.

They all looked lacklustre mostly. I was lacklustre watching it.

I am not convinced that he can work as well as a striker. Not clinical enough with his finishing to be as successful.

Was a decent performance from him. He is still being pushed off the ball by players. The refs need to give him protection.

Find refs can be quite harsh with him, don't give him much. Composure was the first thing that sprung to mind with the goal too. Decent performance, can do a lot better but first start in ages, would like to see him continue, let him grow in the side.

Newcastle United - 22/8/2015

I don't think he and Rooney are a great fit.

I don't think Rooney is a great fit with anyone. Not when he is in such a rotten run of form.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

U21s: Manchester United 1-0 Sunderland - 25th January 2016

Manchester Senior Cup: Manchester United 4-0 Oldham Athletic

U21s: Liverpool 1-1 Manchester United

I don't think van philosophy rates him at all or knows what to do with him

No I agree... The fact that Rashford has now leapfrogged Januzaj, Lingard has been a regular and Memphis continues to get chances over Januzaj would back that up.

Since he's returned from Dortmund I don't think he's played a game for the first team? And ultimately if LVG does stay this year (unlikely I know) then januzaj will be moved on. And maybe the next manager will look at how little he's progressed and come to the same conclusion? He's really not pushed on since making such a great initial impact.

A great start does not make a successful footballer. Take macheda or Anderson or numerous other footballers who have had a very bright start but failed to push on due to their attitude or injuries. Januzaj has been given chances and has not grabbed it. Also has not been helped by bad career choice like his ill fated loan move at Dortmund. Could have made the first team place permanent if he had stayed here.

Was that definitely his choice?! Plus if he was likely to push through in to our team then why hasn't he been given a chance since he returned?

I know not all talented youngsters go on to have hugely successful careers. I know that Anderson and Macheda are classic cases of players who don't fulfill their potential. But Januzaj didn't seem to have the same mental issues of them... He was a key player during a time of struggle which to me showed mental toughness. But instead his career has stalled badly and it seems his time at the club is coming to an end.

It is said that his attitude hasn't been great when playing for the u21s since his return. Tbh I have seen all the games and I think his attitude has been good. There was one blip against Middlesborough when everybody looked like that. I don't think Warren would allow otherwise

Was that definitely his choice?! Plus if he was likely to push through in to our team then why hasn't he been given a chance since he returned?

It definitely was his choice. Either that or his agents choice. Van Gaal said as much. As to why he wasn't given a chance when he returned, he wasn't good enough to push anyone out of the team as we had Rooney on form then. Also he returned from Dortmund not having played a lot so there is that reason too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back