Status
Not open for further replies.
From the U18s to the U21s to the senior team his progression has been seamless and he hasn't looked out of place at each level.

U18's Before Xmas 2012
U21's After Xmas 2013
1st Team October 2013

Amazing progression is less than a year

Bet the Glazers are wishing they'd got it sorted sooner now. Agent wage demands just went up tenfold.

Januzaj can qualify for Belgium, Albania, Turkey, Serbia, and .... England (maybe in 2015) and even Kosovo.

Was just saying watching the game how nothing seems to faze him, very tough mentally. His performance today was a joy to watch. We had goal threats on both flanks with him and Nani whereas before with Valencia and Young we didn't look like causing many problems. Two very unpredictable players as well and both are comfortable on either flank so can switch it up.

Rednapp said that Januzaj made experienced internationals look ordinary. Subject to strength and fitness he should be a first team regular.. We also need to give Januzaj an irresistible contract before he is out of contract in six weeks time. You can be sure that Real Madrid will be sniffing around and may have already made under the table approaches to his agent. In the post match interview Moyes said he wasn't worried about keeping Adnan since all young lads want to play for Manchester United. I hope he is not eating his words in January.

After todays game I expect a wholesale clearout in January. Young, Welbeck, Valencia and Anderson could be looking for new clubs.

Can't see why he'd leave. Pogba wasn't getting games and Scholes coming back may have made him more disheartened him further... Januzaj however is getting game time, also he isn't represented by Mino Raiola... I'm very confident he'll sign a new deal soon enough.

2nd looks better with every view. Slow motion replay is a delight.

Simply excellent the way he played yesterday. We better tie him up to a new contract pretty soon because his stocks are only increase, and will continue to do so as we'll likely to continue to play him more in coming weeks.

You always want to be careful talking about young players — but it is difficult when you see the performance that Adnan Januzaj put in for Manchester United.
They are a club steeped in history, with a tradition of attacking wingers and blooding young players. But even so it’s difficult to remember a debut with so much impact.
His goals, combined with David de Gea’s world-class save, turned the match from a game in which Sunderland felt they had a chance, to one in which Manchester United were in control.
The important thing for United is now to get him signed up because he only has eight months left on his contract.
But he couldn’t be at a better club for promoting young talent. David Moyes gave him his chance because he sensed the moment was right. And for taking that risk, he was rewarded. Januzaj is clearly a special talent: the smoothness with which he uses the ball, the way in which he rose to the task.
The visiting fans know that, in this remarkable 18-year-old, they may have witnessed an extraordinary full debut and that their club’s long history of promoting youth is in safe hands.

Gary Neville

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Southampton 19/10/2013

Impressive again. The pass in the build up to our goal was superb.

It's going to be hard having to go back to Ashley Young.

Had a good game again today, nice pass that helped the goal, looked a bit tired towards the end

Yeah, he did fade in the second half. He perhaps won't start on Wednesday.

Tired 2nd half and probably should have come off instead of Nani... which unless he was injured was a really baffling sub.

Best 18 year old footballer I think i've ever seen. The things you'd expect him to be not so good at, he's actually doing very well, his decision making has been impressive for an 18yo and even the defensive side to his game has been positive, improvements to be made of course but there isn't an area where he is really weak apart from stamina. The only thing that may stop him from playing regularly.

Agree. He is a winger who can beat 2 and 3 players at a time but with the vision and passing ability of a clever midfield player. As he gets older i fully expect him to move inside either to a number 10 of left side of a 3 man midfield.

Stoke City - 26/10/2013

Stoke players kicked him for about 30 mins, never once complained, never shyed away, love that. Also like that despite finishing not being one of the strongest parts of his game, he isn't afraid to have a go.

If Welbeck is fit, i'd love to see a front 4 of Januzaj, Kagawa, Zaha and Welbeck on Tuesday. Unlikely that'll happen though.

Exactly why I said it's unlikely, just something i'd love to see. Exciting, entertaining and young attackers.

Norwich City - 29/10/2013

Played in a central role for the first time and impressed. The lad can be anything he wants.

I would like to see him more on the wings cutting inside. He rides challenges with ease. So direct in his approach. See bits of Messi's style in his game. Getting more and more excited by this guy.

Newcastle - 7/12/2013

Very good first half. He was creative, looked capable of linking midfield & attack and was confident to take responsibility. He and Chicharito linked well and they seemed to have an understanding. Putting him in behind Chicharito in the second half could have been an option.

Shakhtar Donetsk - 10/12/2013

Nothing spectacular, few mistakes. Understandable for an 18 year old. Was still impressed by him though, hard to believe he's only 18, confidence and self belief that others seem to be lacking. Seems to have grown an inch or 2 since the start of the season, looks to have bulked up a bit too.

West Ham United - 21/12/2013

He's a bit good isn't he? Absolutely class goal. Cut the diving out though please Adnan.

Brilliant goal. Loved the way he made Collins look like a fool after the barrage of verbals.

Great goal. He has such composure. Overall performance was decent enough, went down easily a few times and the dive was blatant but against an Allardyce team he was always going to come in for rough treatment. It's all a learning experience. Going to be some player.

There was one moment where about 4 West Ham players were around him and he somehow managed to get out of it and keep the ball. Great left footed cross at one point too that was asking to be put in.

People keep saying he's going to be a 10 but his crossing is excellent and he is very unpredictable given he's two footed, so could cut in or go out, that out wide could be where he's most effective.

Looks good on the right too. Could play all 3 positions. May allow us to be more fluid in the future.

Looks good on the right too. Could play all 3 positions. May allow us to be more fluid in the future.

I disagree. He is much more effective on the left. He may be good as a no 10 but we only get maybe 75% when he plays on the right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I prefer him on the left also, it's great having a left footed player who can put excellent crosses in. Having a right footer on the left and having to keep cutting back or just passing it backwards can be detrimental.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back