Aaron Wan-Bissaka | Match Discussion thread 2022/23

How do you forget about a striker that you had eyes on 10 seconds before? Any recent renaissance has been ended, and will have confirmed to the manager that he needs to be sold. Last ditch tackles are not enough.

Think I’ll give him a bit of slack he’s had to play a lot of games having barely featured for months he looked shattered but today was the thing we all know. As good as the slide tackles are the rest of his game isn’t up to it and he will need to move on in the summer.

We needed to keep the game at 1-0 for at least 15-20 mins and he put paid to that.

Too easy to blame him for the first goal, but where was Shaw, missing in action again that's where.

But definitely his worse game since his revival, but he got next to no protection in front of him.

His tackle in the area late on will probably be voted tackle of the year, still not sure how he did it without giving away a penalty.

Every goal that is ever scored is the result of a mistake by one..two..three..or even four players. Very few get blamed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Considering he only played 45 min, it's a good indication of the impact he had second half.

He had ASM in his pocket in that second half. Still has his flaws but has improved so much under ETH and I would put him ahead of Dalot at the moment.

I think it’s quite clear AWB needs to be first choice for the remainder of the season. Dalot has been rubbish since the WC and AWB has been pretty good.

He has impressed since returning to the team. His link play with Bruno was impressive. I agree, he should be starting based on current form.

Yep improved us a lot when he came on.

For me he's the starter now Dalot needs to be benched and earn his spot in the team back.

We've returned to the situation where we feel so much more reassured when we see AWB at right back.

Still not convinced either man is the answer but AWB looks to be back to the player he was in his first 2 seasons which is in my opinion a decent but not great right back.

The way Ten Hag asks him to start high and then chase back probably suits his style of defending he doesn't want to be deep in his half trying to make sure he stays in position he wants to be forward and then using his recovery skills when the ball is turned over.

I just think on the ball he's still not at the highest level and eventually these players will be weeded out by Ten Hag.

Really good game today. Missed a shocker but guess that’s not what he’s in the team for.

He is actually quite skilful on the ball, even though it seems like his feet and brain aren’t always in tandem with each other.

The difference between him and Dalot in the team is like chalk and cheese. Number one starter for me.

I know he’s not in the team for that but I feel any player has a duty to stick in tap ins from 6 yards out he’s still a full time professional football it’s really not hard to do.

That said for me he’s the first choice a better option that Dalot who has really lost form since the World Cup.

Agree that AWB has upped his game to be the deserved starter over Dalot. Didn't really see it coming earlier in the season.
In regards to his feet and brain not being in tandem it could be his brain is superior to the rest of ours because he often does things that startle you a little. I was watching intermitted today on my phone as I was working, so cant talk too accurately. But I saw him do very well to keep a strong pass in play by the corner flag, he then went past the marker in a manner that was, as I said a bit startling and played a good pass to keep the attack up. It is almost like he takes a touch that is too strong (and you think it is lost) but he is then somehow able to catch up with it to maintain possession and keep the pressure up.
He is possibly working his way into being considered a long term option again, whereas I could never have heard myself say that some months ago. He has definitely found some favour from myself in recent times. Not that that means much ;)

I know he’s not in the team for that but I feel any player has a duty to stick in tap ins from 6 yards out he’s still a full time professional football it’s really not hard to do.

That said for me he’s the first choice a better option that Dalot who has really lost form since the World Cup.
Did it not come at him a bit fast? He's not Harry Kane you know.

I think his touch is crap but he’s so quick he can often just about get out of trouble.

I also don’t think he looks to receive passes there’s so many times where you watch him standing still as a players looking for him. He doesn’t create the angle or run in behind he basically waits for the pass to be made then reacts. A very odd unorthodox player but he’s certainly been back to the better version of AWB since the World Cup.

Did it not come at him a bit fast? He's not Harry Kane you know.

You can make excuses at the end of it all you have to do is hit any part of the goal.

Any pro should be putting that in the goal 99 out of 100 and he will know that.

You can make excuses at the end of it all you have to do is hit any part of the goal.

Any pro should be putting that in the goal 99 out of 100 and he will know that.
We will take the view you yourself would have hit the back of the net or presented yourself to the hangman. :rolleyes:
Your going on about it too much.

We will take the view you yourself would have hit the back of the net or presented yourself to the hangman. :rolleyes:

You’re going on about it too much.

That was about my range mate.

Just pointing out we shouldn’t make excuses for him missing it he will know that’s a seriously bad miss luckily it didn’t matter in the end.

Another top performance.

I would prefer to keep Wan Bissaka over Dalot if there is a choice to be made.

Am I being premature when I suggest AWB maybe the long term answer at right back for us? His ability with the ball has improved no end this season and we all know his defending is top notch.

He really has been brilliant since he broke back into the side.

Am I being premature when I suggest AWB maybe the long term answer at right back for us? His ability with the ball has improved no end this season and we all know his defending is top notch.

I agree. He's greatly improved and I feel he's got a lot more to give. Definitely a keeper.

Not at all. I concur. We are seeing the results of a good manager improving his players and certain players taking it on board.

He’s become much better in the build up play his passing and movement is much better, dare I say hes benefitting from a higher level of coaching.

His quality in the final third has to improve his crossing is ok but he is getting into shooting positions and not taking the shot he needs to add a bit more to that side of things.

I thought he was done at Utd but since the World Cup break he’s been excellent.

He’s become much better in the build up play his passing and movement is much better, dare I say hes benefitting from a higher level of coaching.

His quality in the final third has to improve his crossing is ok but he is getting into shooting positions and not taking the shot he needs to add a bit more to that side of things.

I thought he was done at Utd but since the World Cup break he’s been excellent.
So, you think he should be knocking the goals in? That’s a strange view your taking.

Why, do you not expect any outfield player to be able to score a goal?
I don’t see it as a strong part of his game and I wouldn’t want him taking pot shots for the sake of it. He has scored a couple, how many did Neville score in his whole United career?
We need to have realistic expectancy in regards to this. He is a right back, not a flying winger.

So, you think he should be knocking the goals in? That’s a strange view your taking.

"His quality in the final third has to improve his crossing is ok but he is getting into shooting positions and not taking the shot he needs to add a bit more to that side of things."

I'll put it there again so you can read it again.

Did I say he should be knocking in 10 a season? No I said he needs to start taking the shots when they are there and if he does that he could easily find himself getting 2 or 3.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back