Aaron Wan-Bissaka | Match Discussion thread 2022/23

ROBSON No7

I still love AWB, can't understand why there's constant talk of him not being good enough. I hope he comes out fighting

jsp

The reports are Utd are willing to sell but so far there's been no real interest in him.

Think his first 2 seasons were ok but you could see the limitations to his game in possession he is nowhere near the standard of the modern full back. Last season he was awful along with many others just had a complete collapse in form and confidence.

Probably stuck with him for this season but I think he's really going to struggle to adapt to the new managers style which is about possession.

I personally don't think Dalot is that good either but he seems to be going into the season as the number 1 choice.

Very surprised the club haven't signed a right back this summer maybe ETH is going to back his coaching ability to get the best out of these two.

Mr C

RB is a real weak point, I was surprised when we bought a LB because I see Shaw/Telles stronger than AWB/Dalot.

But granted, long term, both positions need adressing.

jsp

RB is a real weak point, I was surprised when we bought a LB because I see Shaw/Telles stronger than AWB/Dalot.

But granted, long term, both positions need adressing.

Felt like the left back signing was spotting an opportunity for a potential bargain.

If Malacia hadn't been on the move I'm not convinced we'd have seen a left back signed but with the world cup coming up I'm guessing Telles may have spoke to the club as he needs to be playing every week to get in that Brazil squad.

It doesn't feel like AWB/Dalot have made any noise about wanting to leave the club this summer.

jsp

I just hope AWB gets a chance under EtH, if he doesn't take that chance then fine but a chance at least

I think everyone will get a fair crack under the new boss clean slate and all that.

It's who can grab it pretty much any player in that squad in 12 months time could be a nailed on starter or out the door it's all about who adapts to the new regime.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now