4-3-3 under Rangnick

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Who's going to be the Six? My guess is McT, with Fred pushed further forward alongside Bruno.

Hard to choose really as neither Fred or McT are natural DMs.

Well you can't make such a radical switch mid season from a 4-2-3-1 counter attacking side to a high pressing 4-2-2-2 system we simply don't have the players to make that work it was obvious after a few games.

The 4-3-3 makes a lot of sense but it has two major problems.

1) Ronaldo becomes isolated as the centre forward he is not a target man.
2) The best holding midfield player at the club is Matic and we can see he can't last more than an hour. McT or Fred are not holding players both are much happier pushing forward as is Pogba and VDB.

If we can press a bit better and hold the ball in the 4-3-3 shape maybe Matic won't be so exposed and Ronaldo wont be so isolated but we've seen from this team consistently they struggle to hold the ball.

If they're going for this system they really need to consider panic buying a proper holding midfield player.

To much excuse. Just play it. Every Big teams play it. History as proven that most of the time, there is no way to beat that formation unless you play the same formation with better players. Even the grenat Sauf Lost to Barça because of this formation. I can't wait to see United play 433 and really start the revolution. Any other formation is useless against City and Pool. You have to beat them at there own game or you are going to lose every single time.

To much excuse. Just play it. Every Big teams play it. History as proven that most of the time, there is no way to beat that formation unless you play the same formation with better players. Even the grenat Sauf Lost to Barça because of this formation. I can't wait to see United play 433 and really start the revolution. Any other formation is useless against City and Pool. You have to beat them at there own game or you are going to lose every single time.

We won 3 games on the bounce at the Emptyhad conceding only one goal when Ole was the Gaffer, and not once did we play 4-3-3.

Do City and Liverpool play 4-3-3 in the same way?

I'd argue they play it very differently.

Bayern blitzed everyone during lockdown football playing 4-2-3-1, Madrid won the European Cup 3 times playing a 4-4-2 diamond.

City's midfield 3 are all about rotation of passing whereas Liverpools midfield 3 are really there to press the opponent and feed the wide players constantly. Liverpool's big danger is the quick switch passes that TAA and Robertson play they are excellant at drawing you over to one side then quickly moving to the other side to players who are in space.

Chelsea played Liverpool 3 times this season playing 3-4-3 and got a competitive draw in all 3 games. Spurs beat City playing a back 3 a few weeks ago think they used the same system in a 2-2 draw vs Liverpool a while back. Inter beat Liverpool last night playing a back 3.

Utd's formation to me doesn't really matter if they want to improve they have to keep the ball better as a team, they have to learn to defend as a team and they have to learn to attack as a team. This is what the top teams do all this individual "freestyle" or "hero" football needs to stop a team strategy is required and it's required fast.

We have to find a system that by passes midfield. And we need a load back to defend.

6 0 4

Just hump the ball upfield would suit this team. :p

Sadly even that wouldn't work as none of that lot apart from Cavani can play back to goal and win a header.

Do City and Liverpool play 4-3-3 in the same way?

I'd argue they play it very differently.

Bayern blitzed everyone during lockdown football playing 4-2-3-1, Madrid won the European Cup 3 times playing a 4-4-2 diamond.

City's midfield 3 are all about rotation of passing whereas Liverpools midfield 3 are really there to press the opponent and feed the wide players constantly. Liverpool's big danger is the quick switch passes that TAA and Robertson play they are excellant at drawing you over to one side then quickly moving to the other side to players who are in space.

Chelsea played Liverpool 3 times this season playing 3-4-3 and got a competitive draw in all 3 games. Spurs beat City playing a back 3 a few weeks ago think they used the same system in a 2-2 draw vs Liverpool a while back. Inter beat Liverpool last night playing a back 3.

Utd's formation to me doesn't really matter if they want to improve they have to keep the ball better as a team, they have to learn to defend as a team and they have to learn to attack as a team. This is what the top teams do all this individual "freestyle" or "hero" football needs to stop a team strategy is required and it's required fast.
City, Pool, Real, PSG, Barça, Ajax they all have variant but the main thing is playing 433. Chelsea won a Cl playing 343 but they have not dominated the PL for a long period with it. City and Pool are regularily 1st and 2nd. You Can argue that you Can won a game or two playing different but looking long term, the 433 is the only option to won regularily against any style

City, Pool, Real, PSG, Barça, Ajax they all have variant but the main thing is playing 433. Chelsea won a Cl playing 343 but they have not dominated the PL for a long period with it. City and Pool are regularily 1st and 2nd. You Can argue that you Can won a game or two playing different but looking long term, the 433 is the only option to won regularily against any style

Last time Chelsea have won the league they won it playing 3-4-3 (Conte) & 4-2-3-1 (Mourinho)

Ajax have been playing 4-2-3-1 under Ten Haag
Bayern have been playing 4-2-3-1 under Flick and Nagelsmann
Atletico have been playing 4-4-2 in La Liga

It's a good system but it's not the only way to play if we just try and copy city or liverpool we will fail we have to find our own way of playing that is better than there system.

Now is not to the time to copy it's time to inovate.

The best teams switch seamlessly between 4-3-3, 3-5-2 and 4-2-3-1 during games whether they are winning or losing, the very best teams have more players on the pitch that don't need guidance from the touchline when to switch system and why.

Last time Chelsea have won the league they won it playing 3-4-3 (Conte) & 4-2-3-1 (Mourinho)

Ajax have been playing 4-2-3-1 under Ten Haag
Bayern have been playing 4-2-3-1 under Flick and Nagelsmann
Atletico have been playing 4-4-2 in La Liga

It's a good system but it's not the only way to play if we just try and copy city or liverpool we will fail we have to find our own way of playing that is better than there system.

Now is not to the time to copy it's time to inovate.
Every time Chelsea won it's a one off, not a period of dominance. Atletico is the same. Last time Bayern won the CL they played 433. Even Conte system is not durable. The only system that proved for 10 years + that it 's relevent is the 433. Most team change formation during a match to mix up thing but they are all relevent in the 433. As soon as you acept the fact and start playing it, we will see basic improvement, like pressing, not being run other from the midfield, all because we will finaly have a man for a man. 3 against 3 in the midfield and 3 against 4 in attack. I expect better ball retention, a lot more goal and less presure on the defense. But not for you and Ralf. You are more intelligent than City, Pool, Real, PSG, Barça and Ajax, you will find a better system that the most evident. I'm still waiting to see it. Untill now all the system i have seen as been a pure joke but you can still try again.

The best teams switch seamlessly between 4-3-3, 3-5-2 and 4-2-3-1 during games whether they are winning or losing, the very best teams have more players on the pitch that don't need guidance from the touchline when to switch system and why.
I agree, but most of them prefer 433 first. Only Bayern as recently changed formation after many years of 433. We will see how it end for them in the CL.

Every time Chelsea won it's a one off, not a period of dominance. Atletico is the same. Last time Bayern won the CL they played 433. Even Conte system is not durable. The only system that proved for 10 years + that it 's relevent is the 433. Most team change formation during a match to mix up thing but they are all relevent in the 433. As soon as you acept the fact and start playing it, we will see basic improvement, like pressing, not being run other from the midfield, all because we will finaly have a man for a man. 3 against 3 in the midfield and 3 against 4 in attack. I expect better ball retention, a lot more goal and less presure on the defense. But not for you and Ralf. You are more intelligent than City, Pool, Real, PSG, Barça and Ajax, you will find a better system that the most evident. I'm still waiting to see it. Untill now all the system i have seen as been a pure joke but you can still try again.

Where did Thomas Muller play in the Bayern system last time they won the CL?

I’m not saying it isn’t the best system I’m just saying right now we don’t have the right players to play it and we will have to change quite a few players to make it work.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back