Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
First up for the centre backs is the "ice man" Victor Lindelof.

Appearances 28
Goals 0
Assists 2
Big Chances Created 2
Pass Completion 88%
Errors Leading to Goal 0

It's a 6 from me the best of a bad bunch this season he's been there when the team has needed him (apart from that time where he missed a game because his house was burgled, maybe should knock a point off for that).

I think one of the few players in that squad who's played to his level this season we know he's got some flaws in his game they are never going to go away and for me he's not good enough to play regularly for a side that has aspirations of winning trophies but I think he's a decent enough squad player.

I don't see this best of a bad bunch. He had a decent season by his standards if what you're saying. The stats don't bear any truth to him being the best of a bad bunch though the worst 3 partnerships are all partnerships that involve him.

And the City game I cannot get over.

I have Varane a 5. Lindelof can have a 3.

I don't see this best of a bad bunch. He had a decent season by his standards if what you're saying. The stats don't bear any truth to him being the best of a bad bunch though the worst 3 partnerships are all partnerships that involve him.

And the City game I cannot get over.

I have Varane a 5. Lindelof can have a 3.

Yeah I judge players against what I think there level is, I don't have a particularly high opinion of Lindelof but I think he's played to his level this season whereas others have been way below the levels we know they can play at. I didn't feel like he dropped his standards this season whereas other more talented players absolutely tanked.

I said last season he was a weak spot in the team you can't have a player like him starting every week but he's had to play way more often than he should because of Varane's injuries.

Like many in our team, Lindelof excels in a system we don't play. That is set to change under ETH. McFred also are asked to play differently than their best positions, so our whole first team are a bunch of square pegs. Reads the game better than Maguire, has a better footballing brain, better with the ball at his feet. He needs to develop the physical side of the game, needs to learn to body-check players. I think ETH will get a tune out of him.

Solid squad player, nothing else.

Think ten Hag might try him at RB in pre-season, then it's up to him.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back