Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

jsp

I'll do this for everyone over the coming weeks probably only do De Gea for the goalkeepers because he's the only one who's actually played some games.

So lets give De Gea his ranking out of 10 this season your vote is public so everyone can see what rating you gave him.

These are league stats only taken of the Fantasy Premier League app as of today.

37 appeareances
56 conceded
8 clean sheets
126 saves
69.2 save success rate
Penalties Faced 5
Penalties Saved 2
Passes 772
Pass Completion 68.4%
Errors Leading to Goal 1

jsp

I'll give Dave an 8/10 I think he's been called upon as the last line of defence far to often thanks to the absolute shambles in front of him.

At the start of the season he wasn't my number 1 I was happy for the club to stick with Henderson but De Gea has sorted out his form after two pretty poor seasons by his own standards and he's at least back to doing the things we know he can do well.

There are obviously some limitations to his game his passing isn't up to the highest standards and he doesn't dominate his box but he is probably the best shot stopping keeper around. That said it may not be enough for the new boss who wants his sides to build from the back when we've done that under De Gea it has not been pretty and at his age now I don't think it's going to be a skill he develops and it's probably the reason why this season he's been dropped from the Spain squad all together.

Mr C

Dave always looks good when the rest of the team are poor. Do we only see all the saves during these periods and not errors?

jsp

Dave always looks good when the rest of the team are poor. Do we only see all the saves during these periods and not errors?

Don't forget to vote.

I don't think the two are linked just a coincidence he was great the season we won the league in 2013 for example he was also good in the season we finished second under Mourinho.

2020/21 his save success was 65% with 1 error leading to a goal 2019/20 save success was 73% with 3 errors leading to goals. These stats probably aren't the best ones to use as they don't really tell you the quality of the saves. From the stats I can find it would suggest that De Gea is out performing Xg by 7 goals this season higher than any other keeper in the league. Last season his performance against Xg was 0 and season before + 2.

As he's a great eye catching shot stopper the more shots he faces the more of the De Gea "worldie" saves there's a chance of seeing.

Just like a striker will probably score more goals if he plays in a team that creates more chances a goalkeeper will make more saves if he's playing in a team that gives the opponent so many shots.

Hopefully he's a lot quieter next season.

SuperRash

A very solid 8 I would say. He has been badly exposed by his defenders and midfield week after week. His shot stopping has been top draw though and from my recollection hasn’t dropped many ‘clangers’, as he had done in the last few seasons

There are obviously still doubters about his distribution and the command of his area but without a doubt if we didn’t have him, then we would be even more up the creek without a paddle!

Definitely up there in the top two performers this season for us, along with Ronaldo.

RichH2016

I gave him a 7 but was tempted to give him a 6.

Look he's had a good year. Along with Ronaldo he's been the best United player. But let's be honest that's not saying a lot is it?

He's been really good because he's been so busy. It's like keepers towards the bottom of the league... They look better because they are busy and make a lot of saves.

And ultimately he's a limited keeper in the modern game.

Mr C

I gave seven, not a person in this side deserves more than 7. And only Ronaldo and Fred will also get above 5 from me.

jsp

Why can't an individual get higher than a 7 because his team mates have been crap?

In a season where we've let in 56 goals the stat models suggest he's still saved an extra 9 goals this season through the quality of his shot stopping.

Mr C

You know, I've been too busy getting upset about the defence to concentrate on the keeper for all our goals. I have no idea how many were his fault or could have done better.

But no, no player on this team deserves more than 7. I hate them all.

jsp

I mean when I do the defenders I might just do the poll up to 5 as none of them are allowed higher than 5/10 this season.

Justin Cider

Gave him a six for no other reason than he was better than a five, but not good enough for a seven.

6½ at best, not sure what those that gave him an 8 have been watching.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now