Status
Not open for further replies.
Earlier in the season I thought there was a good understanding between him and Rooney. I'd love to see a 433/4231 with Rooney up top and Di Maria behind/in midfield.

Got shot of Nani and replaced him with someone else with no end product!!

Ridiculous statement to make given his track record. He's not a miracle worker. He needs to do better of course but his team mates aren't helping. No one is playing well, he can't do it by himself.

Burnley - 11/2/2015

Best player for us tonight, such a threat attacking from deep, the best in the world at doing it and why he was so key to Real Madrid's success last season. Finally got a penalty from one of those runs too.

Started off pretty poorly. Was much more effective when we switched him out to the wide right midfield position. He is at his best when he is running with the ball at defenders.

Mixed performance, for me. He was poor in the first half, but excellent in the second. He was a real threat when driving at defenders. His best half of football since West Brom back in October.

Swansea City - 21/2/2015

Hopefully PSG don't watch our matches and still want to spend £60m on him.

Sunderland - 28/2/2015

That performance was woeful

Van Gaal: “Every player can have that kind of match – Di Maria is not the only player who has suffered a bad day. He can be the best player in the world in the next match, so I think everything is going well. He trained very well and I don’t think there is any problem.”

Newcastle United - 04/03/2015

Saw a lot more criticism of Di Maria's showing last night but I thought he played well, was surprised when he was taken off. Looked the likeliest to create something.

Arsenal - 9/3/2015

This guy is incredibly frustrating.

Aston Villa - 4/4/2015

Thought he looked much better than he has been recently when he came on. Given Van Gaal some food for thought ahead of next week. Even when playing badly he can create something. Loves the big games too. Not sure anybody can be dropped right now though. Fellaini wasn't effective today but will be given a big role next week I suspect.

This spell out of the side might buck him up a bit. He looked more eager today.

West Brom - 2/5/2015

Confidence looks shot and a bad performance no doubt. He looked best when he had free reign at the start of the season but as we play a lot more rigid now it's not working for him.

Yeah, he was poor and his confidence does look shot. With others suffering a drop off in form he had an opportunity to win back a place in the team. I doubt he will start at Palace now.

I am prepared to be patient, but concerned we won't see the best of Di Maria in a possession based brand of football. The system is very structured and the players have been given roles and instructions to stay/play in specific areas of the pitch, which is fine, but it doesn't suit all players. A free role is unlikely at the moment. I would love Bale at United, but wary he might experience similar difficulties as Di Maria. Both players are ideal for counter attacking football.

Bolivia - 7/6/2015

Two goals and an assist.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Both he & Falcao have been producing the goods for their national team. Is it the way we we play that is not suiting them ?

Van Gaal's micro-management is partly to blame. The attacking players need to be given greater freedom to express themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back