Zlatan Yes or No?

SIR-ALEX-FERGIE

Since Zlatan left we haven't got that player with a precence,He had so much confidence in his own ability.
He came to the PL in his mid 30s and was scoring for fun before his injury.
I think we could use a player like this even if it's just in the dressing room even Pogba was afraid of him ,you wouldn't see Pogba doing what he does now.what do you guys think?

I think we could do with an experienced striker to be backup to Rashford someone like Giroud or even Mandzukic (who is leaving Juve) but Zlatan is to old now but I do think this squad needs 1 or 2 really good pro's who know what it takes to win at the top level as all that experience has gone in the last few seasons.

The talk is Ben Yedder who's 28 coming to replace Lukaku a move I'm not totally against if it comes off.

Zlatan could only command so much respect because he backed it up on the pitch and after his injury he could no longer do that

What about Rooney in a deep midfield role? I know it's never gonna happen but just seeing if it would work?

It didn't work in 2016 why would it work now? Rooney moved to midfield to help out the team but it was never for him and getting Pogba in to do that role instead was a huge upgrade.

Again a seasoned pro in the midfield wouldn't hurt us especially if they plan on moving Matic and Pogba out, there was talk we tried to get in Rakitic as Barca were considering selling but he wasn't up for it.

Had a look at longstaff on you tube last night. Always hard to tell on you tube, it managed to make bebe look good, but he did look like he had a bit about him. Decent range of passing.

International week has seen this one do the rounds again.

MLS Contract expires 31st December.

Do Utd consider offering him a 6 month deal to come back?

My only reservation is we don’t want him to be number 1 we want him to backup Martial which I don’t believe is the sort of role Zlatan would want.

I personally think he’d be mad to go back to any of his old clubs and potentially taint his legacy I think he knows that so while he will tease as he does with the media it I think it’s more likely he will retire and focus on whatever it is he wants to do next.

Yeah don’t think he would come, it’s been doing the rounds but don’t really believe it would happen and to be honest not sure I would want it.

I think he’s fine in the MLS where the defences and goalkeeping is very questionable but put him back in a top league I think he would struggle to make a real impact. Hell the MLS makes Bradley Wright-Phillips look like a goalscoring messiah!

Yeah but Zlatan is some sort of football freak he's scored more goals since he turned 30 than he did between 18-30 which just isn't normal.

He never relied on movement so it's not like losing speed has been a problem he's just a weirdly unique talent who can pull goals out of nowhere and Utd certainly need some of that but the down side is he dominates the way a team plays because of who he is and Utd don't want to be a team that is just feeding 1 player.

I’d have him back purely because of his influence in the dressing room. We don’t have any winners in the dressing room and a guy of his stature could only help the likes of Martial Rashford and Greenwood I’m having that arrogant swagger.

He wouldn’t be happy to be losing 8 out of 10 games and he’d give the riot act to those not performing.

My biggest worry about Ole as a manager is that he’s possibly too nice. Are the players scared of under performing and would they be if we had a Keane or Ibra in the dressing room. Someone has to be the bad guy.

I’d have him back purely because of his influence in the dressing room. We don’t have any winners in the dressing room and a guy of his stature could only help the likes of Martial Rashford and Greenwood I’m having that arrogant swagger.

He wouldn’t be happy to be losing 8 out of 10 games and he’d give the riot act to those not performing.

My biggest worry about Ole as a manager is that he’s possibly too nice. Are the players scared of under performing and would they be if we had a Keane or Ibra in the dressing room. Someone has to be the bad guy.

I was thinking that but then would they actually learn from him? That attitude isn't coached you either have it or you don't and I think it's more likely they'd just get annoyed if he was being picked ahead of them. Ibra's personality is something that comes from within growing up as an outsider in an immigrant family he's developed this odd personality that makes his spirit unbreakable.

I always wonder how much the older players really teach younger players it's more teaching them good habits which I think most of them have anyway as it's something drilled into young kids now if you don't do the extra bits the chances are you haven't made it this far.

Zlatan is so unique a lot of what he's able to do is because he's 6ft 5, so strong but also incredibly agile and he just tries crazy things there isn't really a pattern to what he does.

I don't think having a "bad guy" in the dressing room you fear really matters anymore it's all about personal pride you should be sad going back into a dressing room if you haven't done your best because it means you haven't done your job.

I think for this rebuild to work we need the leaders to emerge from within the group and take responsibility for the dressing room players like Maguire and McTominay I think are showing signs of that sort of skill set.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back