Zlatan to leave in January?

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Been a few rumours going around that Zlatan might actually leave in January to finish his career either in MLS or China. I think I'm right in saying the domestic season in both these countries doesn't start until the spring and I think their transfer windows run into February so it could be that he stays with us a little bit longer.

I mean looking at him since he's come back I don't see how he can really contribute because he's going to need 2-3 months to complete his rehab. If he went to one of these leagues he'd effectively be joining them in pre season and he'd have friendly matches to help get the rust out of his legs.

I don't think the football challenge would interest him much but if you follow his social media brand Zlatan is growing and a stint in China could open up big opportunities for him with is various brands. Plus Utd would probably let him go for nothing which means the clubs that sign him wouldn't need to pay the transfer tax the league put in place when signing foreign players and he'd be easily the biggest name that league has landed.

I think he'd be a real loss to the dressing room because he's a guy who's got the experience and trophies and has a bit of seniority and I think he's very valuable to the manager who might try and keep him until May before letting him go off on his next adventure. He did similar with Drogba when he was Chelsea manager and I'm sure if Zlatan wanted to become a coach he'd welcome him back to the club when he retires from playing.

I think if he got a good offer we have to let him leave on the pitch I really don't think he can contribute based on what we've seen since he came back and he's already picked up an injury that rules him out for a month, given his age and our options if we do get an attacking player in January then let him go if he wants.

Yeah agree we need to move him on and replace him (and Carrick, who it seems will join the coaching staff). The sentiment is nice and it would have been great for him to come back and be the player he was but it was always a lot to ask and still is, and there's no room for sentiment when we're trying to make up a 15 point gap and trying to win the FA Cup and CL.

He injured himself representing the club so I think there’s a responsibility to make sure he was looked after even if he’d only been at the club for a short period but it was always optimistic to think he could come back in 6 months and be straight back to being Zlatan.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back