Europa League 0

Red Cards
Total 0
Premier League 0
FA Cup 0
League Cup 0
Europa League 0​

Friendly: Manchester United 5-2 Galatasaray - 30th July 2016

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What a great goal that was! Apparently he looked pretty good in his debut in general?

Thought it was a pretty poor connection to be honest... Great start for him though, few more games and he makes a better connection and maybe doesn't score.

One of those that could have gone anywhere. Rooney's v City was off his shin. Opens his account, that's all that matters.

Community Shield: Leicester City 1-2 Manchester United

Top header.

Didn't watch the game as not washing my money on BTSport but from reports he had a quietish game but as all world class players do, they step up in the really big moments. He is going to be fun to watch this season, we are lucky to have him, however short his stay maybe.

Again, like first v Galatasaray, best thing about it is seeing Valencia cross properly again. Seems Mourinho has been working hard with him. Mourinho said after the game that last season, Valencia probably passes that backwards or cuts back instead of going forward and crossing. I think Fergie, Moyes and Van Gaal all guilty of trying to get Valencia to be less predicatable, Mourinho seems to be getting him back to basics and what he's best at. This is the Valencia we loved back in 2012 and forgotten we loved. Might be predictable but not many could stop him when he played like that. Just run at defenders, don't worry about losing the ball, get it in the mix then. He's got a target to aim for now too in Ibra which makes a difference.

Again, like first v Galatasaray, best thing about it is seeing Valencia cross properly again. Seems Mourinho has been working hard with him. Mourinho said after the game that last season, Valencia probably passes that backwards or cuts back instead of going forward and crossing. I think Fergie, Moyes and Van Gaal all guilty of trying to get Valencia to be less predicatable, Mourinho seems to be getting him back to basics and what he's best at. This is the Valencia we loved back in 2012 and forgotten we loved. Might be predictable but not many could stop him when he played like that. Just run at defenders, don't worry about losing the ball, get it in the mix then. He's got a target to aim for now too in Ibra which makes a difference.

Valencia has always been best when he's able to slow a defender down and then go past them with that raw acceleration. If he does that he's unstoppable and then who cares if it's predictable? There's not many defenders who can stop it! I think certainly Moyes and LVG need to take some of the blame but it was partly down to confidence as well I think. He seems to be comfortable in this RB role which is great because that in itself allows him to be less predictable and gives us a real outlet.

Premier League: Bournemouth 1-3 Manchester United - 14th August 2016

Top goal.

That's what this guy brings... Sheer class! He wasn't going to let his Premier League bow finish without a goal.

That was a great goal. What's more he was a beast throughout the match. Physically bossing the Bournemouth defense all day long.

Yeah he's going to be a great out ball for us this year! He's such a big strong player but with a lovely touch and grace about him on the ball. And this is still with the team and league being new to him!

Can score from anywhere. Went close with the free kick before too. Him coming deep brings defenders out of position too allowing space for runners in behind. Missed that focal point in recent years, someone that can hold the ball up and play a pass.

Such a classy flick... That was one of the few times they really linked up to great effect.

Premier League: Manchester United 2-0 Southampton - 19th August 2016

Another brilliant header.

That header was awesome. How did he generate that much power on it!!! He could have easily had a hat trick tonight.

It really was! He's just far too powerful for defenses and when power won't work he's got the talent and ability to unlock them in other ways.

Premier League: Hull City 0-1 Manchester United - 27th August 2016

He was good in the first half; his best all round performance so far. I thought he was poor in the second half.

I only saw bits of the first half and what I did see in the whole game I thought he was pretty poor to be honest. Seemed to struggle to really influence the game like he has before.

Premier League: Manchester United 1-2 Manchester City - 10th September 2016

Brilliantly well taken goal. He snatched at a few other opportunities.

Being positive... He took his chance really well and he kept getting in the right areas.

Being negative he was too wasteful and for a lot of the game looked off the pace.

Premier League: Watford 3-1 Manchester United - 18th September 2016

Is he being used correctly by Mourinho?

He needs a lot of pace but he himself does need to be better. His attitude was all wrong today for a player who was far from perfect. If everything he tried was coming off or close to then fair enough. But you can't scowl at team mates if your touch isn't even good and you keep giving away the ball.

Premier League: Manchester United 4-1 Leicester City - 24th September 2016

He was much better. He dropped deeper and was able to link play.

Would have been a brilliant goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back