Zlatan - have we seen the last of him?

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
interesting quotes from the manager in his press conference basically saying he’s no longer injured but isn’t ready to come back.

Looking at his social media he’s stopped posting his training/rehab videos and I wonder if he’s called it a day but then he’s declared he’s interested in playing at the World Cup but you never know with him if he’s just joking.

I don’t really see how Utd can afford him even spots on the bench unless we get injuries fair play the club stood by him after his injury we owed him that he was injured representing Utd but it feels like he isnt coming back again.

He can move to MLS at any point as their window is currently open until May but their season starts this weekend so if he was going he’d be gone by now.

Makes sense he wasn't ready to contribute when he made his comeback and if you follow his social media at all he's not really been posting much training stuff it's all been brand launches and stuff like that.

Be nice to see him one last time in a Utd shirt. Maybe give him the last 10 mins against City so he can score us the winner.

Shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a Utd shirt again unless we arrange some sort of friendly with LA Galaxy or wherever he ends up in the summer where he does 45 minutes.

He was only really here for 1 season and fair enough he injured himself playing for the club so we've stood by him while he did his rehab but apart from that he doesn't deserve any special treatment. You could see in those few games that he came back for that he was done.

On a personal note just pleased I got to see this guy in a United shirt. He will go down as one of the greats to have played the game when he finally hangs his boots up and we all got to witness him doing it for us. Shame his United career got stopped the way it did, but nothing but respect to the man for doing it in the prem, at 35 as well.

Think hollywood will be perfect for him both on and off the field with that personality.

Think he ended up with 29 goals in 53 games in the twilight of his career that is some going.

Score in big games, goals that secured silverware and it’s a shame the way it ended as he should’ve been on the pitch in Stockholm rather than on the sidelines.

Yeah it was great while we had him. He brought a big presence to our team which at times we lack. His goal ratio was very good and he scored some important goals which is Zlatan over. Shame his injury happened when it did but hopefully he can get fully fit and had a decent twilight in the US.

For his age, he did better than most expected. I thought he left a few goals out on the pitch though and that was perhaps due to him being a bit tired during games when those opportunities fell to him. A lot of people talk about Ronaldo conserving energy to fully concentrate on getting into goalscoring positions and finishing them off and I don't think Ibra was fully able to do that, he did a lot of work for us upfront, coming deep and working wide channels too.

Was always going to be hard at his age to come back and perform at this level, to even get back on the pitch for us was something and you've got to admire his determination to do that and not give up.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back