Zinedine Zidane at Real Madrid 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
A thread for our resident Madrid fan.

Tricky start for Madrid a 0-0 draw and a narrow win vs Betis.

Looks like Zidane is trying to fit Odegaard into the team after his loan spell at Sociedad last season.

They looked very poor vs Betis too. Outplayed but managed a 3-2 win against a team that played the last half hour with 10 men.

4 points, iffy start, two tricky away games.
Betis down to 10 men on 68 minutes.
There will be no new signings which makes me very angry, and very worried about the course the season will take.
I’m hoping, of course, we can hold onto our title. But Barça has Messi, still a major player.
As for Europe, we have very little chance with this squad and no additions. Hope Perez, doesn’t regret this.
Hazard is a disaster. If l could sell him, l would.
Turning up last season, for the first day of pre season training, around 13 pounds overweight staggered me. I was enraged. And he has done it again. Zidane is supposed to be very unhappy, not to mention the president and the directors. He has a weakness for “buns”. He couldn’t care less. He says he’s going to enjoy his holidays.
Unprofessional, uncommitted little fat b@st#rd...
He is not ready for the season because he is out of shape, not because of his ankle.
AS slaughtered him yesterday, calling him a “joke”.
I hope we can do something about him in January. The sooner that sh&t is gone, the better.
Then there is Jovic. Oh dear. So many problems.
Thanks for the thread, jsp.

Surely Hazard comes good. He’s an amazing player.

If you want to let him go on the cheap then I’m sure every club in the world will come looking.

You’re right, they would. If we could get our money back l would sell him tomorrow.
Apparently, he was mocked for putting on the pounds at Chelsea.
Zidane recommended him to Madrid before he ever got to Chelsea, and l hear that he feels badly let down. What player turns up for pre-season training at his “dream” club a stone overweight?
It is a f@cking (forgive the language) outrage.
Then, presumably, because of his weight, he sustained a muscular injury before the season started and missed the first few games. It went downhill from there.
And then he does it again!!!
Great player at Chelsea, massive let down at Real. His appetite for sugar is more important to him than the last few years of his career. A complete waste of time and millions. I don’t know why the club didn’t fine him for every week he missed by not being prepared. When he is ready, sometime in November, hope Zidane lets him stew on the bench, and come January, tell him he is not needed, not wanted.
Can you imagine the abuse he would receive if fans could attend matches???
And then there’s Barcelona, huge debt and still trying to sign players. Madrid, little debt if any, drawbridge pulled up.
Very, very, very frustrating.

How did Hazard get on last season? I did use to catch more La Liga games a few years back but not so much anymore.

Also curious how Jovic has done? From what I read he didn’t really get a look in?

SuperRash...
...Hazard thinks it is acceptable to report for pre-season training a stone overweight on the first day at his new club.
And he reported out of shape again this pre-season. Zidane has wanted him at the club for years so he, l am told, feels very let down. His attitude is, “l’m on holiday, l put weight on easily, l take it off easily”.
Well, as far as l am concerned, the sooner he is out the better.
Think he scored one goal last season, and would have missed most of the season but for lockdown, which meant he had time to recover. He contributed next to nothing for our title win.
I sincerely hope the club is playing for time and will try and remove our bun loving fattie in January. He is lucky fans cannot attend games...
...we would hear the booing here.
Jovic hasn’t settled. May not be good enough. Still young. Two or three off field incidents haven’t helped. Didn’t see much playing time behind Benzema and his confidence is probably low. Needs goals, but you need the minutes first. Club wants to send him out on loan rather than waste another year, but no takers yet. He also wants out.
Only have a week to get it done.
Started on Saturday alongside Benzema, didn’t perform, no shots, no energy.

SuperRash...
...Hazard thinks it is acceptable to report for pre-season training a stone overweight on the first day at his new club.
And he reported out of shape again this pre-season. Zidane has wanted him at the club for years so he, l am told, feels very let down. His attitude is, “l’m on holiday, l put weight on easily, l take it off easily”.
Well, as far as l am concerned, the sooner he is out the better.
Think he scored one goal last season, and would have missed most of the season but for lockdown, which meant he had time to recover. He contributed next to nothing for our title win.
I sincerely hope the club is playing for time and will try and remove our bun loving fattie in January. He is lucky fans cannot attend games...
...we would hear the booing here.
Jovic hasn’t settled. May not be good enough. Still young. Two or three off field incidents haven’t helped. Didn’t see much playing time behind Benzema and his confidence is probably low. Needs goals, but you need the minutes first. Club wants to send him out on loan rather than waste another year, but no takers yet. He also wants out.
Only have a week to get it done.
Started on Saturday alongside Benzema, didn’t perform, no shots, no energy.
CONGRATULATIONS!! On your 100th message.
Get yerself a toffee apple :)

Hazard was normally a slow starter at Chelsea most seasons they felt he slacked a bit to much during the off season as well but normally after a few weeks he’d shift the extra weight then he’d be flying.

I do think if he can get fit he could be absolutely lethal playing wide of Benzema but a top player should not be turning up to pre season in that shape. You get paid through the summer so you should turn up to pre season in reasonably good health.

I still make Madrid favourites for the league Zidane will grind out the wins but it won’t be beautiful feels like a team that’s half built and they money this summer has gone on the stadium not the squad.

Barca I think are a shambles but yeah Messi is Messi so he could carry them again to a title.

I never see La Liga anymore it’s on a channel I don’t subscribe to which is a shame.

jsp...
...what he has done (twice) is unforgiveable. I want him out at almost any cost.
When it happened last year l was astonished. To happen again...
This is not Chelsea.
The football we play this season will be more gritty than pretty, unfortunately. A lot of money is going on the stadium, but that is being paid over the next 25 years, l think. Interest rates, as we know, are very low.
No money is being spent this summer because of Perez’s latest obsession. Mbappe.
He is willing to roll the dice this season, to be in position to sign him in 12 months. And because of this we could lose the title. Defence and Ramos’ goals won’t be enough unless we can start scoring more freely.
As for Mbappe, Perez (mistakenly), will try and secure him in 12 months, no matter the cost.
PSG will, let’s say, ask for 250 million if they can’t extend his contract, knowing how desperate Perez is to get his man. And, as he has done in the past, he will try to come close to that figure.
He always over pays.
What he should do, knowing that Mbappe wants to play in Madrid, is say...
...”no, sorry, we are not paying you anything like that. We are willing to go as high as 100 million, but that’s it. Mbappe wants to play in Madrid, so you have a choice.
...take 100 million or we wait 12 months and take him for nothing”.
But Perez won’t do that. He always over pays.
Maybe they will take Hazard as part of any deal???
Probably not...

No it's not Chelsea but Madrid should have done their homework on him and known these things about him before spending such a massive sum of money on him. Last season was a bit different as he ended up getting injured so the whole season was basically a write off but you'd think he'd want to make sure he came back this year in top shape ready to go. Hazard seems like a lad who has all the talent in the world but he's not really prepared to work extra hard to drain every last drop of it out of him.

I don't think PSG can demand 250m under any circumstances with 1 year on the contract no club can afford that right now they'd basically be forcing themselves into accepting nothing in 12 months time which they could afford.

Yeah maybe a swap might be something they'd look for but swaps are hard to pull off as you need 4 willing parties two clubs and two players then all the agents etc.

jsp...
...a better example in any swap would be Vinicious, who they have tried to sign more than once. A possibility.
The reason they would ask for such an outrageous figure is because they know how desperate Perez is to sign him.
Remember, this sum doesn’t have to be solely cash. A player could go the other way.
But PSG will ask for a huge amount and Perez, will give ground, so desperate is he to get him to Madrid.
If he is prepared to be strong he can get Mbappe for much less.
The trouble with Perez...
...he is never willing to walk away. And selling clubs know this.
Hence, big transfer fees.

Big transfer fees are just part of the game for the top clubs now unless you find a player with a low buyout clause you're paying a silly fee.

PSG screwed the entire system with that Neymar deal over night the price of everything doubled. The transfer record fee went from 90m to 220m over night and that blew the entire market. There's even a theory they did it on purpose inflating the prices means only they can actually pay it.

A lot will come down to Mbappe if he tells PSG I want to go and I'll ride out my last year and go for free if I have to then PSG will likely have to back down and find a compromise but yeah even with 1 year on the deal we could be talking 150m for him

Bottom of their champions League group after two and Benzema telling Mendy not to pass it to Junior because he's playing against them.

I love seeing Real implode every few years. They are a lovely bunch and deserve every last bit of it :eek:

They are top of the league at the minute and did beat Barca away at the weekend so it's not all doom and gloom

ZZ will not see out this season. Poch on his way to Zenit apparantly.

Zenit???? Surely he is better than that?

ZZ has well outstayed his welcome as a top manager

Zenit pay big bucks so go there win some trophies add to your CV and wait for other big jobs to come up.

Looking at the squad Madrid have Poch might be wise to avoid it lots of senior players that need to be moved on and replaced.

I can't actually see why anyone would want to manage there. The expectation is ridiculous and the fans brutal. Head on a block job.

I'm the money would be nice though. I might actually google to see how many managers have lasted over 3 seasons there.

I can't actually see why anyone would want to manage there. The expectation is ridiculous and the fans brutal. Head on a block job.

I'm the money would be nice though. I might actually google to see how many managers have lasted over 3 seasons there.

Ego you want to be the man to tame the beast.

You also get paid a small fortune, if you fail it’s easy to point fingers elsewhere, if you succeed you become a legend and if you time it right you could take have the best players in the world at your disposal.

I imagine living in Madrid is rather nice as well.

If Poch or anyone gets approached for this job my guess is they’d want to know what the club is planning for the summer. They need a 2009 level overhaul a huge injection of the worlds top young talent to build the next era of Madrid around.

Thing is with Madrid is they have so much talent/money tied up, like Regillion that we'd never heard of over here, they could sell 6, 7 or 8 players that don't even get a game for them and raise a whopping amount of dough. Then start selling the likes of Isco and one or 2 other first teamers and you could rebuild any squad.

You need someone to out Ramos/Benzema etc for you. To take those bullets.

Thing is with Madrid is they have so much talent/money tied up, like Regillion that we'd never heard of over here, they could sell 6, 7 or 8 players that don't even get a game for them and raise a whopping amount of dough. Then start selling the likes of Isco and one or 2 other first teamers and you could rebuild any squad.

Not sure if they can what is Isco realistically going to grab in the current market 15-20m?

Everyone is struggling for cash and fans are being locked out again across Europe next summers market prices will be even lower than this summer as no one is going to be flush with cash so selling your cast offs will be tricky.

They’ve invested big money in young players like Vinicius and Rodrigo straight from South America and they’ve struggled to kick on.

Getting Hazard fit and firing for them is massive.

Currently 4-1 down to a team that’s sold all their best players

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back