Young heading for the Exit? | Fee agreed with Inter

jsp

Top Poster Of Month

Can't see the club letting him leave in January as while the emergence of Williams has given us more competition at LB that lack of fitness of Dalot probably means we need him to cover RB.

However, I do think if he got a good offer that was only on the table in January they wouldn't stand in his way as a mark of loyalty and respect to him as realistically we won't be getting a transfer fee for him.

His spot is a bit strange he's basically now 3rd choice RB & 3rd choice LB but also the official club captain but I can see Ole wanting to use him in certain games at LB as I don't think he trusts Shaw and he knows Williams is still learning the ropes so certain must win games he might still go to Young. Dalot's lack of fitness in the first half of the season probably means he'll stick around as the back up right back but Laird I think should be putting pressure on both of them as Dalot just can't stay fit.

I think there's going to be a point in January where Utd need to think do they keep the U23 boys together and hope they can win promotion back to the top division or do they let them go on loan for some experience, as first team chances will become more limited. I think a few have clearly shown they've stepped up to first team players now Tuanzebe, Williams, Greenwood are now first team squad members but the likes of Chong, Gomes, Garner, Levitt & Laird haven't quite shown it yet.

Were people expecting Williams to make the step up and look so promising? He come a bit left field for me hadn’t really heard of him.

Were people expecting Williams to make the step up and look so promising? He come a bit left field for me hadn’t really heard of him.
Always performed well for the U18’s and made the step up to the U23’s seamlessly - has always been better going forward than defensively but he has improved that aspect of late. Didn’t expect him to break into the first team quite so soon but he does have a great attitude and that’s got to have helped.

If Dalot is fit then in theory Utd have 2 options on both side at full back and if he gets a decent offer we shouldn’t stand in his way as surely he won’t be getting another contract.

You could even risk Dalot fitness with a Laird also at the club.

Yeah just seen it’s reported that Inter are willing to offer him an 18-month deal. To be honest if true it would be a good move for all involved. We’ve got plenty of options now at full back and getting rid of Young opens up a spot for Laird to come into the first team reckoning and also Dalot is back.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah just seen it’s reported that Inter are willing to offer him an 18-month deal. To be honest if true it would be a good move for all involved. We’ve got plenty of options now at full back and getting rid of Young opens up a spot for Laird to come into the first team reckoning and also Dalot is back.

Thing is Dalot is back but for how long it sounds mad but I'd rather see him go on loan for 6 months and play every week and keep Young as the backup.

Personally I think the club need to cash in on Dalot as he won't develop now we have AWB or if they really have trust in Laird then allow Dalot out on loan next season to try and build his price up that kid needs to be playing football every week and it won't happen here

I think we need to let young and Dalot go, eventually Shaw, we are ok in the full back positions, but when the rest of the squad is brought up, we could upgrade.

WB needs to improve his delivery too. Liverpool has set the bar for the FB positions.

The chances of getting rid of Shaw are slim (that's not a fat joke) he's on so much money got 3 years left on the deal as well so we're basically stuck with him unless some club panics and tries to go for him or we let him go cheap. Having him and Williams isn't the end of the world if they can push each other but Williams maybe if he's bumped down to second choice Shaw will want to leave but it doesn't feel like he's that arsed if he plays or not.

That's a system thing to Klopp has always played incredibly attacking full backs and he compensates for that with hard working midfielders who don't really go into the box. Liverpool are basically playing 2 wingers at full back defensively it does leave them vulnerable but the quality of delivery those two boys have is frightening.

It isn't really anything new though there's been attacking full backs in the past Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Evra, Maicon, Dani Alves, Jordi Alba, Alaba, Trippier, Walker etc

BBC reporting Young to Inter in the summer is a done deal. So just a few months left of good ole Ashley.

It isn't really anything new though there's been attacking full backs in the past Cafu, Roberto Carlos, Evra, Maicon, Dani Alves, Jordi Alba, Alaba, Trippier, Walker etc

How could you leave Irwin out of your list? ;)

There’s a story going around twitter from that Di Mazario website saying Young has told the club that if they make him stay until the summer he doesn’t want to feature in first team games.

Doesn’t sound right to me bu5 nothing surprises me with footballers anymore.

To be honest not sure I really believe that from Di Marzio, I think he would be more loyal than that. Obviously, we don’t know what’s behind the scenes but he’s been a good servant for us so wouldn’t like to see it ending sour.

He should be being phased out anyway so think it’s best if he just leaves now.

Conte seems to be taking all our duds, do you think he’ll take Matic at the end of the season too? Jones? Nah that’s too far!

Could just be nonsense trying to put pressure on the club to do the deal now we’d only be getting a small fee for him if he goes now plus saving 6 months wages.

I think they’d let him go now if they had faith in Dalot’s fitness but he’s hardly played all season and seems to have serious problems staying fit.

Conte would happily take Matic wouldn’t be surprised to see him at Inter next season Utd can’t let him go now due to injury but surely he’s off in the summer.

Young loves united, he might want to leave for more football, but I don't think he'd be a dick.

Young loves united, he might want to leave for more football, but I don't think he'd be a dick.

No loyalty in football mate if he needs to act out to get out quicker he will because the flip side is if he did his knee tomorrow they'd be doing everything they could to get him out.

For me if he says he wants to go early he's done enough service to the club for them to be reasonable and let him go there's enough full backs at the club.

yeah, if the club say it's ok thats fine.

If the club say they think they need him, I don't think he'd cop a strop.

Don’t really get the problem. Happily up £1m for him. Get £100k off the wage bill and see you later.

I think the worry is Dalot's fitness can't be relied on and Shaw gets niggles as well and with us being short they don't want to let players go for no reason and what we're getting in for Young is peanuts in the bigger scheme of things.

Ole hasn't totally killed the story at his press conference today but I think if it's happening in Jan he'll be going on the last day of the window as they need him for this months games with our hectic schedule should we get an injury then they'll keep him for the season.

Good luck to him totally understand why he’d want to be playing more in his twilight years as a player.

Fair play for going abroad as well

He gets a lot of stick but he’s one of few players always giving he’s all every time he played even if he isn’t as good nowadays you can’t knock he’s attitude can’t beleave we money for him as well

Fair play but who else can we load off to them. It’s become a bit of a United graveyard

Fair play but who else can we load off to them. It’s become a bit of a United graveyard

Matic is probably next to go in the summer Conte seems to want him be great if we could get them to buy Sanchez.

Ashley Young latest
To be fair, I think it was for Ashley, he’s 35 in the summer and if he gets a two year contract somewhere I think it’s up to him to take that, we were ready to offer that, he’s been a good servant, captain, won trophies, league cups, but we’ve got players coming through and when Ashley’s head and mindset was on so why not now.

Ashley Young latest
To be fair, I think it was for Ashley, he’s 35 in the summer and if he gets a two year contract somewhere I think it’s up to him to take that, we were ready to offer that, he’s been a good servant, captain, won trophies, league cups, but we’ve got players coming through and when Ashley’s head and mindset was on so why not now.
Been a fantastic servant and captain can go with his head held high

Ashley Young latest

Why the hell would we offer him another 2 year contract this club does my head in let players go FFS.

He's been a top professional but was never good enough for us if the club hadn't gone down the pan in the last few years he'd have been gone years ago.

Why the hell would we offer him another 2 year contract this club does my head in let players go FFS.

He's been a top professional but was never good enough for us if the club hadn't gone down the pan in the last few years he'd have been gone years ago.
I think that's a bit harsh on him

He has been a good servant for us but how the hell did it come to the point where he was our first choice full back? That should never have happened!

He’s one of the guys that has been pottering around the club for years but perhaps never quite at the level we needed. However, he has been a good squad player over the years and I wouldn’t agree he’s been a good captain - he is just a standard squad player, not the required leader on the pitch.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back