Young at 9, Lingard at 10, Mata on the right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Bit bizarre. Not sure why Mata remained on the right when he was clearly struggling and Young looked lost at 9.

Not even surprised mate. De Gea, Smalling, Carrick, Schneiderlin and Martial (unless you see him as a striker) were the only players played in their best position really.

Because the manager is a clueless idiot who doesn't have a clue what he's doing! Martial is a striker who wants to play up front yet he doesn't. Then he plays Young and Lingard there instead? What a joke!!! And he left Mata on the right when he's played well on the middle... Where he's best off because of the way he plays. It's just a joke.

I was fuming about this during the game and I haven't calmed down much now. It was such an obvious change to make.

Yeah it was... At half time it was obvious! To not move Mata at all was a disgrace! He should have spotted the obvious and then acted but he didn't. And to play Young up front? I mean come on... I thought he was brought on to provide balance and allow Martial to play through the middle. But no no he was played up front.

In his time at United there has been some truly appalling decisions that he's made. But I think that today topped the lot. Our best attacking player was Martial but he didn't get a chance through the middle despite being a striker. Young and Lingard looked lost through the middle and Mata was ineffective and exposed on the right.

Boom!!! There it is! :) He's a arrogant tool who simply refuses to change his tactics despite it clearly not working and not having worked for the past 2 seasons!

Could not for the life of me understand this formation. What was he thinking. Baffled is what I am.

At one point with the way that Fosu-Mensah was playing I thought maybe he'd gone for a 3 at the back?! But then Rojo and Mata would be two of the last players I'd look to play at full back. So if that was what he was doing then that's even worse than what we are already thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back