Yaya Toure

Status
Not open for further replies.
The agent of Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure says a move to the Premier League will happen "in days".

Manchester City, Manchester United and Chelsea are all chasing the Ivory Coast international.

Toure's agent, Dimitri Seluk, told El Mundo Deportivo: "It's a matter of days, I've received several offers, some we are now considering.

Thoughts?

Can't see him going to Arsenal unless it's a player exchange deal with Fabric Arse. If I was him or anyone I wouldn't go to Shitty as the competition for places is going to be huge. I think he'll be better off with us. Champions League, Prem contenders, a chance to show Barca why they should have played him more often over the last season. Fergie sign him up...or just sign someone.

How can he be worth £30m if he rarely played last year.

I'd be happy yeah. Been an admirer of him for a while. Don't think we can rely on Hargo much either. Still would be lacking in that AM we need though. Unless Fergie decides to play Ando in that role more often, sometimes he looks deadly running forward. Haven't seen it much in the Prem but in the League Cup he's been the playmaker.

Supposedly he's off to Chelsea...wonder what that means for some of their older CMs. Ballack likely to go, Obi Wan Mikel hasn't lived up to expectations (and we got £12m for him, even though he never played for us :lol: ), Essien's injured, rumours of Lampard going to Madrid (unlikely), Deco surely off.

Wouldn't be too bothered if he went to Chelsea.

Toure will join City most likely :(, would be a gr8 signing for us esp. since we have no clue wat level Hargo is at!!

Essien signed a new deal with Chelsea yesterday, him and Toure are sort of similar but he could still go there. Doubt he's going to City, haven't even heard any interest from City for him and they would have said something if that was the case. He wouldn't go to Arsenal unless it was part of a deal for Fabregas to go the other way, Liverpool haven't got any money, Spurs? maybe...

Could it be us?

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
Essien signed a new deal with Chelsea yesterday, him and Toure are sort of similar but he could still go there. Doubt he's going to City, haven't even heard any interest from City for him and they would have said something if that was the case. He wouldn't go to Arsenal unless it was part of a deal for Fabregas to go the other way, Liverpool haven't got any money, Spurs? maybe...

Could it be us?
it would seem that way but i thought we were in the market for a striker?
i dont think Toure would wanna go to Tottenham tho!! wat about Barca using him in a trade fr Mascherano?

his Agent said all will be reveled before the world cup starts and so i think it could be in the next fews days confirmed, i really hope its us, but not getting too excited yet!

Once he comes we'll be able to play 4-4-2 properly too!! no need to worry about getting run over in midfield against the big teams...

I think it opens a few formations up not just 4-4-2. Unlike 07/08 and 08/09 and maybe 06/07, I don't think we know our best 11 at the moment. There was a lot of swapping and changing last season and not enough consistency.

Im not sure if the has been said but City confirmed Boateng so Toure doesnt seem to be going there, and why would a former Champions league, La liga and Club World cup winner go to Spurs no direspect, and I dont think Arsenal would take him unless theyre willing to let Fabregas go, so it leaves United as front runners which if true would be sad for Hargo and his fans me being a huge supporter of his.

In terms of money, I think it is between us and the other 2 because while Spurs have the money are they willing to splash out so much on one player, I feel they'll be looking more at bargains and 15m-20m buys.

Jerome Boateng has signed for shitty. Just shows how much faith Mancini has got in Toure, Lescott, Richards, Onouha and the other Centre backs. Surely one, two or even 3 will leave. Is Boateng any good?

And Toure wouldnt necessary impose 4-4-2 formation, I think more of a 4-1-3-2 or 4-1-2-3 him being the 1 of course, and add to that he can play CB if and when Rio isnt fit.

And Fletch would be a really good partner in a 4-4-2!!!

To edit my previous reply I thought Boateng was a midfielder?!!

4-2-3-1? 4-5-1 would personally be my favoured one though. Good shout on Toure as a centre back aswell, played there against us in CL Final when many doubted him in that position and he played well. Very tall and strong. Would save us having to play Carrick there if we're depleted again like last season. Need someone like him who's a bit versatile. Aswell as Hargo coming back we'll have plenty of depth in defence I hope. Where would this signing leave Hargo?

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
4-2-3-1? 4-5-1 would personally be my favoured one though. Good shout on Toure as a centre back aswell, played there against us in CL Final when many doubted him in that position and he played well. Very tall and strong. Would save us having to play Carrick there if we're depleted again like last season. Need someone like him who's a bit versatile. Aswell as Hargo coming back we'll have plenty of depth in defence I hope. Where would this signing leave Hargo?

Bad news for Hargreaves if he does sign! Maybe he'll start playing as our RB :D...lol, i think Carrick will leave unless he has a superb World cup...'m hoping Tom Cleverley gets a chance in the team..if we do get Toure i doubt we'll be buying anyone else...doubt there is any other position to improve on atm, maybe other than RB...but Rafael should play more.

Really? You don't think we need an attacking midfielder who can score goals. First person i've heard say we don't need to improve there. Don't think we need a new RB either.

Looks Juventus bound as Nedved's replacement so unlikely. Very threaten against us in the CL though. Very impressive. Serbia could be impressive in the WC.

How much would he cost? Can we actually spend around 50 million on 2 players only?

£20m? I think the Hamsik-Juventus deal is pretty much done anyway.

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
Really? You don't think we need an attacking midfielder who can score goals. First person i've heard say we don't need to improve there. Don't think we need a new RB either.

i think Anderson need to be given a chance plus we have too many CM's and strikers atm dont see us playing an AMC tbh...we missed an AMC this season cause we played a 4-5-1 against big teams and lacked a creative miidfielder in the Mid 3...but i think we'll revert to a 4-4-2 coming season...but if we do buy an AMC, i think more of a 4-5-1 formation will be played next season...

I agree with Ando, but we still lack goals in midfield unless suddenly Ando finds his shooting boots. Although I think Nani could get 15 goals next season and I think Valencia will score more too. Should be interesting to see how many games Gibson plays too, impressed a lot when Carrick was not on it towards the back end of the season. Gibbo can score plenty of goals, and his whole game will get better with a run of games. Can't wait to see Ando back though, thought we missed him a bit at the end of the season. I always enjoy watching him whether he's playing a more defensive role or more attacking. Hoping to not see as much of Scholes, Giggs and Neville by the end of the season unlike this season. We'll probably know if one or all of them is retiring by then too.

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
I agree with Ando, but we still lack goals in midfield unless suddenly Ando finds his shooting boots. Although I think Nani could get 15 goals next season and I think Valencia will score more too. Should be interesting to see how many games Gibson plays too, impressed a lot when Carrick was not on it towards the back end of the season. Gibbo can score plenty of goals, and his whole game will get better with a run of games. Can't wait to see Ando back though, thought we missed him a bit at the end of the season. I always enjoy watching him whether he's playing a more defensive role or more attacking. Hoping to not see as much of Scholes, Giggs and Neville by the end of the season unlike this season. We'll probably know if one or all of them is retiring by then too.

I think Carrick is below Gibson in the pecking order now, was atleast fr the last few months of the season, i think SAF has decided to let him go, If Gibson can improve his passing and be a bit more quick then we have a good midfielder with, does remind me of Lampard at the same age who could only shoot and pass decently..i think Owen and Hernandez will be key next season if we dont get a new striker, Hernandez's movement when i've seen play for Mexico reminds of a young Owen, gets in the right positions and is really quick, only lacking the finishing...Anderson impresses only in a 3 man midfield when he doesnt have to contribute much defensively and has the freedom to move about...maybe getting someone like Toure would help?

True but surely even if he was playing with Fletch or Hargo he'd have a more attacking and free role. I think him and Fletch would make for a really good midfield to be honest.

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
True but surely even if he was playing with Fletch or Hargo he'd have a more attacking and free role. I think him and Fletch would make for a really good midfield to be honest.
Hargo yes but i think Fletch also loves going forward...so its risky having both go forward from mid...flecther, hargo and Anderson would be brilliant imo..

Just read this on facebook. No source to quote though.

Barcelona midfielder Yaya Toure's agent claims the the Ivory Coast international, who has also been linked with Manchester City, could form part of the deal to bring back Cesc Fabregas to the Nou Camp.

"Everything has changed with City, because they talk a lot but then afterwards they don't appear to be a rich club but rather a bankrupt one."

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 725104.stm

Maybe City finally learnt that there's no point throwing money around, so Yaya's expected cash didnt come??

but dont want him joining Arsenal either :(

I don't know much about him but ... Marouane Chamakh? Surely much better than Bendtner.

JSNFRMN_MUFC said:
I don't know much about him but ... Marouane Chamakh? Surely much better than Bendtner.

Even i don know much about him, should be an improvement over a lampost that cant head!!

would it be fair to hargy to buy a new DM the same year he has his first real chance of a decent preseason....?

Who gives a tosh about fair. I'd rather have a DM who can actually play games without the fear of them collapsing in a heap just from running.

I think we should keep giving both older and younger players a fair chance to prove them self. Don't want to become City or Chelsea who just let players go and buy new ones all the time. Play the game how its supposed to be played. Bringing youth through the ranks and giving old players a fair chance when needed.

Look at 20Legend. Came through lots of injuries and each time he scored great goals..

Ole's last injury pretty much finished him off, he was off for a similar length to Hargo, maybe Hargo's been out longer. And unlike Ole, we ain't got anyone really to replace Hargo on the fringes. Might be worth getting a youngster in, Pogba and Tunnicliffe could get a few chances in the League Cup.

By the way just heard that Vidic's agent has said that Vidic is thinking about his future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back