WSL Championship: Aston Villa v Manchester United

Mr C

First league match on Sunday, home game on Thursday. Anyone going?

Team: Chamberlain; Harris, A. Turner (c), M.Turner, Smith; Galton, Devlin, James, Hanson; Zelem, Sigsworth

Latest score: 6-0 United.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Finished Villa 0-12 United.

Goal scorers:

Jess Sigsworth x5
Lauren James x2
Kirsty Hanson x2
Katie Zelem
Mollie Green
Ella Toone

I’m not a big follower of women’s football. I assume we’ve started in the bottom division. Based on that scoreine this season is a waste of time?

Wow, I think we are a division below the top, maybe there are only 2 divs?

Utd are in the championship one division below the premiership but they've taken quite a few Prem players in so it's expected that they'll walk this league and be a decent premiership side.

I don't think it was particularly popular that they were allowed to enter at level 2 most felt they should start at the bottom and work their way up but the league were desperate to get Utd back involved as the womens game still has a big problem attracting an audience both at games but also on TV.

I think they got a big crowd because tickets were heavily discounted to try and get people interested the challenge with womens football is to keep them coming because they get big crowds in for one off events but they can't really sustain a support through a season because it's still a bit of a niche thing to watch.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back