Worst season since Fergie retired?

Nah. The season under Moyes still owns that title. But it’s heading there. I wouldn’t play Lukaku again until I’ve had him control a 1000 balls in training

I hated the moyes year. I thought it was a bad appointment, he didn't have the credentials to be a United manager. However in honesty this is as bad.

LVGs final season remains the benchmark for me but this is getting close to that.

December 1st and I’m resigned to finishing 5th at best and don’t even fancy this side to get a cup run.

Sack him now don’t keep wasting everyone’s time he may not be the sole cause of all our problems but he’s not going to turn this around.

Yes I think this is because...

1) The atmosphere and mood around the club is at an all time low.
2) The football is much much worse.
3) A lot, a lot a lot, of money has been spent so the results are unacceptable.
4) Moyes didn't do a good job but he wasn't helped. Woodward didn't improve his side and he did have a lot of bad luck.
5) Jose is a D bag.

They bottled sacking LVG he had to go after that awful Xmas period I hope they don’t make the same mistake again give him the Arsenal game then bin him whatever the result.

I think I like to put this season into context over the Moyes one. Moyes had a squad that was on the down and his signing of Fellaini was it. Jose has had all this time to asssmble a squad and get rid of the deadwood and while we have some very good players, he’s not motivating them, he’s playing players who are out of form and he seems at odds with a lot of players. The Moyes season was bad and also LVG ones but I think LVG at least had some sort of plan. We seem to go into games with no plan A, that’s why I could easily construe this season on a par with the Moyes one.

Moyes gets a serious pass regarding the squad he had and I’ll never understand it. The team had just cantered to the league title. Fergie would have won the league again with that team and began the rebuilding process. Moyes should never have sacked Fergies backroom staff. Was ludicrous.

Both seasons have one thing in common. The transactions over the summer were dragged out didn’t get over the line and the manager was let down by Woodward.

Moyes was just never up to the job didn’t show anything at Everton that made him look capable of being a Utd manager even Everton fans weren’t sad to see the back of him. He suffered more than he should have because of the lack of future proofing the club did off the pitch to prepare for Fergie retirement. The club are still praying they find another Fergie but they won’t he was the last of his kind the world changed and while he adapted and evolved when others didn’t there will be no more of his ilk.

In terms of individual talent this squad is probably the best we’ve had post Moyes but the football now really isn’t any better than it was under LVG to the point where loads of people are struggling to watch it. I still think that final LVG season was the low point because watching him be a dead man walking for so long was tough but we really are heading towards that again this season if things don’t change.

If this carries on the same way for another few months it will be every bit as bad as the Moyes season and LVG's second season. It's atrocious. It should be bought to a stop right now, I don't care how much it costs to get rid of him or who or who isn't available, we'd be better with Mcenna in charge.

What sort of clown would keep playing Matic week in and out? Who would play a back 3 against 18th in the table Southampton with Matic and McTominay and Jones????? Fred is on the bench and doesnt get a look in?

Nothing he does ever makes sense.

Mark Hughes sacked for failing to get a result against us. You can’t make this stuff up!

I think it’s easy to forget just how bad previous seasons have got.

Two Facebook statuses I put up in this day in 2015

‘We’ve now failed to score in 6 of our last 12 games’

‘1 shot on target at home in 90 minutes. What happened to attacking intent?’

LVG days! For me the football is as bad as it was then. At least we kept possession then and just knocked it around boring at it was, now we can't even keep the ball.

I must say, in a few of Fergies last season, Moyes, LVG and Jose have all been hard to watch.

We need to move on. I wished we had got in for Jardim, he seems like a really progressive coach with a great history with youth players. Seem like a perfect fit for Man Utd.

I am really worried we might go Conte.

Even Woodward and the United board aren't that stupid, cos that would be REALLY REALLY stupid

Conte and Pogba worked well together at Juventus so who knows.

It is a bit out of the frying pan and into the fire with that option because they are fairly similar characters the only thing I'd say is Conte probably has a better track record of getting the best out of what he's inherited quickly than Mourinho BUT once he does that he quickly puts the pressure on the board for more and more.

LVG remains the low point under him we didn't even have a shot let alone miss a chance in a lot of games it was so painful because the players just couldn't implement his plans going forward. His system was out dated and sides knew if they just stayed compact in the middle of the pitch Utd wouldn't get anywhere.

It's similar to where we are right now what they plan is going forward it's not working we don't score enough goals and now the defence has started shipping more goals we are in big trouble.

Saw the following stat elsewhere:

Win Rate
Moyes - 13/14 - 54%
LVG - 15/16 - 54%
Jose - 18/19 - 43%

It feels like a low point to me. We seem to have a short glimmer of hope that we might have turned a corner but it normally lasts a week. There is very little feel good factor about Jose's United

Why do people still think that a couple of positive results and slightly better performances and this team have turned a corner? How many false dawns do you need to see before it's accepted that the team isn't very good and the manager is worse.

I think we are well past that now. If a group of players who have things to prove last night couldn't muster a performance your never going to get one.

I think people are looking far too much in to last nights game. One of the big problems was Rojo at LB.

I meant as in out of position not his general performance. Made up lopsided and ruined any chance to attack

How come Delot didn't play last night, surely that would have been a great game for him to play in?

You would think he would be saving him for the weekend but I have this horrible feeling he will play Valencia.

I still don't think I'm quite at worst season yet but I am very close a beating off Liverpool would probably tip me over the edge and say it's on par with LVG season 2.

If this happens we can't go down the dead man walking route again we have to sack the manager and get in someone else.

We had a bad start 5 games in think we'd already lost 2 and gone out of league cup he's had another 10-15 games to sort it out and all the problems that were evident against Brighton & Spurs are still there.

I know he hasn't been able to bring in any more players but realistically he isn't going to do that in January either might get 1 but he clearly hasn't got any ideas on how to get this lot to play better they obviously aren't good enough to finish 1st but player for player that squad should be challenging Spurs/Chelsea/Arsenal for the other top 4 spots.

If he was at any other top club he'd have been sacked by now they simply wouldn't stand for it and neither should we he's had 2 seasons he's not taken us forward we are exactly where we were under LVG. He's had plenty of money and time to build his squad and it's not even showing signs of moving forward.

I think Moyes was the worst, just because it was just a such a contrast the season before.

But lets be honest, it's been pretty rotten through all three of them. I do hope they replace him come summer but get someone in in time for next season. Not have Levy muck us around until August.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back