World Cup 2018?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the votes were in before tonight as what happened at Birmingham was not a very good way to show this is the right country to host the World Cup. I hope England gets it but it's going to be terrible for the team, pressure will be enormous.

Considering the presentations that i saw, Russia and Sportugal are the favorites. The Spanish people are complaining about England have used videos of Fernando Torres in their presentation. haha

Russia bought off the 2018 and Qatar bought off the 2022

FIFA are corrupt and need to be erased and replaced with new people...

also, the Panorama crew should have the cost of bidding removed from their budget next year....

I'd like to see England as the chosen for the 2018 WC.The English people's passion for football is something that deserves to be seen in a world cup. Perhaps these accusations of corruption have hampered England. Anyway, I don't rule out to see England as a Plan B for 2014, considering how the things are here in Brazil.

I always find interesting the world cup be held in countries "unprecedented." And I think it will be interesting in one WC "on ice.

The choice of Qatar for 2022 it's a kinda strange. it looks is going to be an artificial cup. The heat is hellish and FIFA ranked the candidacy of Qatar as high risk. The money is there.Hotels, ditto. Let's see what happens with the rest. It's a country with a lot of prohibitions. Since homosexuality, drinking, religion .... Let's see.

When Odemwingie joined West Brom this is what the Russian fans did

odemwingie-banner.jpg

Well done FIFA

Russia = Racism, no infrastructure, fans who couldn't give two shits, corruption.
England = Brilliant fans, brilliant infrastructure, best FIFA report.

Lord Triesman said Russia would bribe referees to favour Spain at this year's World Cup to help Russia win 2018 World Cup decision. Spain won the World Cup, Russia won 2018 decision...

What a joke!

the whole thing just stinks of vodka and oil...

it's been said on the radio that we will NEVER get a WC with blabber still around..... so lets hope that fat oaf pops his clogs ASAP...

the whole thing is corrupt... FIFA is rotten to the core... and Russia.... well, i'm never having soup in Russia...

at least knowing how corrupt the system is there, makes the announcement a little bit better to bear...

i can see any international and/or Champions League/Europa League games between Russian and English teams being a bit of a problem... but i think that's about all that'll happen

Ive been anti-FIFA for a long time so i wouldnt mind doing that

Apparently, we were arrogant to send our Prime Minister and Prince William, who is the head of the FA, with the Bidding team....

Anything we did would have been used against us yet the negative aspects of the winning bids - like Russia's mafia state for example - was brushed over. We would get nowehre if we pulled out fo FIFA and probably don't have enoough global support to lead a breakaway. What we need to do though is increase our political influence and power in order to try and force through change.

Good grief. Russia shouldnt be handed the WC purely because of the racism problems.

The last WC, captains from each team read out anti-racism messages after the national anthems, doing it at the 2018 WC would just make a mockery of everything the governing bodies are trying with Anti-Racism campaigns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back