Wolves v Manchester United 06/03/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the England game has not taken it out of Rooney for Saturday. Perhaps Owen could have started if he was not injured.

Has anyone heard the results of Owen's scan? How long is he going to be out for? :?:

Berba_God said:
I hope the England game has not taken it out of Rooney for Saturday. Perhaps Owen could have started if he was not injured.

Has anyone heard the results of Owen's scan? How long is he going to be out for? :?:

Unfortunately Owen is out for remainder of season. breaking news today.
Dont know why Rooney played the full 90 mins for England... :evil:

I never feel confident if he's not in the team no matter who we're playing. But we can't play him in every game from now until the end of the season so he'll have to sit a couple out, and on paper this is one of those fixtures we should be able to win without him. Even if he's fit it wouldn't surprise me if he was on the bench

If Owen was fit I would definitely start with Rooney on the bench, especially as we have AC next week.

Edwin
Brown Ferdinand Vidic Evra
Gibson Scholes Carrick
Valencia Berbatov Nani

A poor performance.But i'm happy with 3 pts.
Ferdinand,Vidic,VDS were solid at back.Scholes,Valencia and Evra were good.
Nani was shit.Absolute shit at times.though he got an assist,he MUST improve.

United return to summit after Scholes showed cool composure to score his 100th PL goal

Breaking News : The FA is to fine Sam Vokes for his miss against Manchester United.

So great to see Scholesy get that 100th goal. Legend and class all the way!!

As for the team performance, it seemed a bit lacking, but can one really blame that all on the absence of Rooney? I've seen some comments elsewhere that eluded to that being the problem, but it has to be said that United have had performances like this before this season with Roo playing.

Interesting to hear both Rio and Scholes say the performance issue was because of the pitch conditions. Scholes also commented that the Wolves weren't out to play football but just to block United's movement.

What do you think? Was that the issue today, or are we really that reliant on Rooney?

ginger+ninja=lethal

Starbuck said:
So great to see Scholesy get that 100th goal. Legend and class all the way!!

As for the team performance, it seemed a bit lacking, but can one really blame that all on the absence of Rooney? I've seen some comments elsewhere that eluded to that being the problem, but it has to be said that United have had performances like this before this season with Roo playing.

Interesting to hear both Rio and Scholes say the performance issue was because of the pitch conditions. Scholes also commented that the Wolves weren't out to play football but just to block United's movement.

What do you think? Was that the issue today, or are we really that reliant on Rooney?

ginger+ninja=lethal

The ninja to the resecue again. Scholes is a hero :)

Rooney is a miss, he would be for any team in the world.
Didnt really notice problems with pitch, what did you think?
United should be use to teams trying to block their movement. Opposition teams have been doing it since we won the first Premiership (aka Premier League)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back