Wilshere to leave Arsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wilshere's biggest problem was and still is the fact that he's injury prone. Just look at this list: Jack Wilshere - Injury history So, I'm amazed that he still is an Arsenal player. In my opinion, he's not good enough. If they want to return to the top, Arsenal should put aside their sentimentality and ship the guy off.

He’s only stayed so long because of his contract they apparently offered him a deal that was largely based on bonuses.

Yeah he’s injured quite a bit but even when fit he’s a shadow is the player who broke through anyone going for him is taking a huge gamble. With the midfield now based on a lot of physical play I don’t see how he survives in the Premier League.

You know what... I know this will be unpopular and I know it's a risk but... I'd have him here. Sure he's got injury issues but maybe a fresh break and a new team is what he needs. Sometimes that is all a player needs and they can turn things around. When he's healthy and on form he's one of the best players to watch.

I'd take him, but he wouldn't be a starter and that is one of the reasons he won't stay at Arsenal.

He should be in the England team, he is the best footballer they have in the middle of the park. If he could have stayed fit he could have been half as good as Gazza, which is still very good.

Come on guys we don't have a time machine what in the last 2 years has made him look anything like a Man Utd player?

He couldn't get in the Bournemouth team by the end of that loan season and Arsenal only really used him in the Europa League last season.

If the injuries hadn't happened I agree he could've been something special but they did and he's never ever looked the same player again you get one or two games a season where he looks the part but he can't run, he can't go into tackles, he can't dribble the way he used to do all he can do now is stand around and pass.

Everyone needs to stop remembering the player he was and look at the player he is now.

he's free and good enough for a squad player, no pleasing you JSP ;-)

Last week I said Verratti and you said no too expensive we need cheap squad players, here's a free Wilshire still no good. Who is it exactly do you think we should get to fill our dearth in midfield?

Lads I'd rather give McTominay and Fosu-Mensah some playing time or even keep Blind or Fellaini than bring in Wilshere the lad is broken and has been for a long time.

Apparently he wasn't happy with the offer Arsenal made to him because it involved a lot of bonuses this is a club who've paid for years and years of medical procedure and rehab while paying his salary.

Wilshere needs a fresh start but his ridiculous wage expectations probably rule out a lot of options for him.

I said it ages ago. I'd take Wilshere on a free. I'd have taken him to the world cup. He managed 29 starts and 9 sub appearances last season. He's slowly getting his fitness levels back to where they should be after basically 2 years without football.

@jsp, you could say the same about Chamberlain but he has been positive for Liverpool when played. We are not talking about a first team player here but someone to come on and change a game. If he gets injured it's no big deal.

I would have Wilshere no problem, most naturally gifted English footballer around at the moment.

@jsp, you could say the same about Chamberlain but he has been positive for Liverpool when played. We are not talking about a first team player here but someone to come on and change a game. If he gets injured it's no big deal.

I would have Wilshere no problem, most naturally gifted English footballer around at the moment.

Chamberlains problems at Arsenal were more down to a lack of coaching rather than fitness, Arsenal training under Wenger sounds like some sort of lovey dovey hippy yoga retreat rather than proper serious stuff. Van Persie said he couldn't believe the difference in intensity of training when he joined us and Chamberlain looked a totally different player after 6 months with Klopp.

No amount of physio and coaching talent is going to sort out Wilshere's glass ankle he suffered a terrible break and he'll never fully recover you can tell he's stopped flying into tackles the way he used to because he knows he'll get hurt.

We could offer him something like we did with Owen a hugely incentivised 2 year contract where if he's injured he's basically on no money but as I said before even when I've watched him play for Arsenal and Bournemouth in the last 2 years he's never looked that good.

Jack Wilshere confirms Arsenal exit after Unai Emery meeting

It's official the players confirmed he's leaving because he wasn't part of the new managers plans despite being willing to accept a lower contract to stay at Arsenal.

Clubs rumoured to be interested

West Ham
Crystal Palace
Everton

Not sure Everton really need him with the players they already have but Palace could be a really good fit playing in a midfield 3 with Cabaye & Milivojovic he'd had a bit of a free role and in Hodgson a manager that has a lot of faith in him from his time with England.

I remember reading somewhere that Cabaye is leaving on a free in July, so Palace would be very much interested in signing Wilshere.

Surpised Juve, we take everyone on a free, aren't in for him. I think he's a great little player.

They are one of 3 Italian clubs linked to him Milan & Sampdoria also linked.

My guess is Milan can't afford his wages as they didn't make CL and Sampdoria might not really motivate the player but if he's got the chance to go to Juventus he should bite their hand off but they've already got Can in.

They are one of 3 Italian clubs linked to him Milan & Sampdoria also linked.

My guess is Milan can't afford his wages as they didn't make CL and Sampdoria might not really motivate the player but if he's got the chance to go to Juventus he should bite their hand off but they've already got Can in.

I wouldn't rule Milan out. They might not be in CL but they are rebuilding the team. The new owners seemingly have deep pockets, so they could entice Wilshere with a nice, fat paycheck.

Yeah I think somewhere like Milan could fit him quite well. I can see him moving abroad to be honest and I think more English players may well decide to try their luck abroad in the future.

He clearly needed a change of scenery and I think it will do him the world of good. Injuries have screwed him up big time but sure there is still ability in there, he just needs to trust himself on the pitch again.

I wouldn't rule Milan out. They might not be in CL but they are rebuilding the team. The new owners seemingly have deep pockets, so they could entice Wilshere with a nice, fat paycheck.

The owners are skint the rumours are the Chinese government are stopping any outside investment so they borrowed big from hedge funds and gambled on getting in CL not getting it means some of those guys they bought last summer may need to be sold to balance up the books.

It’s similar to what happened at Villa they went all in and chased the dream they didn’t get it so they won’t be throwing more money to chase losses.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Most predictable transfer rumour ever?

I swear every day there is a ‘West Ham are interested in...’ story. But for the most part no-one moves there.

Yeah West Ham constantly try to punch above their weight in transfer market.

Can never tell if they genuinely believe they can get these players or they’re just trying to impress fans by suggesting they’ve at least tried.

Or will it be linked with West Ham ... week later signed for someone else. As the usual West Ham way.

I think West Ham would be a good fit for him but I still have that little feeling that he’ll end up abroad.

A move abroad would be good for him, something less physical and a bit warmer might help him in terms of injuries.

I just think he needed to be anywhere but Arsenal that place had become to comfortable for him and a lot of players needs a dose of reality.

West Ham feels about the right level for him they're probably not going to be relegated they aren't going to challenge for top 4 he can just keep his head down and play his football under a manager like Pellegrini who's probably pretty close to what he had with Wenger likes his team to play passing football and doesn't really seem to intense as a manager.

@SuperRash big fan of that description of the West Ham way it certainly makes more sense than what there fans believe it to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back