Willian to Arsenal

jsp

Top Poster Of Month
Not confirmed yet but widely reported that Arsenal have signed him on a free from Chelsea.

3 year contract with a 1 year option on big wages for someone who is 32 years old.

Think he's got a bit left in the tank Willian but doesn't scream building for the future you'll get at least 1 maybe 2 years out of him.

His agent is well in with the Arsenal board so not that surprising.

Given all the fees that will be involved for 3 seasons could easily be looking at 40m plus.

They’re trying to rebuild they already have a bit of experience I really don’t think he’s the way for them to go.

Apparently very close to signing this deal. Would be a very good signing for them as he still has a lot to offer. If they can manage to tie down Auba I wouldn’t rule them out starting to rise back up the league. Definitely still need to sort out the defence though, not sure you can trust any of their defenders to be consistent!

Length of the contract seems a bit OTT he's 32 so you're gambling that he can stay at his current level for 3 or 4 years.

There's talk of Coutinho as well.

Looks like Arsenal have done a deal with the devil and got in bed with an agent as all the players coming in seem to be represented by Joorabchian.

Length of the contract seems a bit OTT he's 32 so you're gambling that he can stay at his current level for 3 or 4 years.

There's talk of Coutinho as well.

Looks like Arsenal have done a deal with the devil and got in bed with an agent as all the players coming in seem to be represented by Joorabchian.
This is an Alexis Mk. II transfer. Unless Willian is super human there will be a natural and obvious drop off in reaction speeds every year from now until retirement, with each year becoming an order of magnitude worse.

All confirmed free transfer 3 year contract for a guy who's just turned 32.

Give it a few more weeks before jumping to conclusions I think.

I like Willian think he was a good player at Chelsea not amazing but a good player to have but it's how long can he stay at this level before father time catches up to him.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back