Will Jose Mourinho’s Manchester United leave Wayne Rooney in the cold?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Early days crucial for Rooney I feel and probably not ideal for him that he's been away with England at the Euros this summer, he could really do with getting back to United as soon as possible. Might be the first time in years that Rooney has been made to fight for his place. Genuine challengers in both positions Mourinho sees him playing in. Rooney has made it known that he wants midfield role too and Mourinho has dismissed it so might be over before it's begun.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Rooney this season! I personally think that as the season progresses he'll end up being a bench warmer who comes on to bring that much needed experience.

Technically he's not good enough in the 10 role, he's not quick enough either in a Jose system.

But he's also not the best option up front either.

What this all means though is we have a lot of options in attack. Rooney can play the 10 role but he can also play up front if needed. Rashford can play up front or out wide. Ibra of course will play up front but may also fill the 10 role of that real invention is needed. Martial offers us options, even Memphis and Januzaj give us flexibility. And then of course mhkitrayan can play anywhere across the front 3.

Think we all know that Rooney is best when he's playing week in week out though. Not sure he can do a bit part role. Maybe Mourinho can get him firing in front of goal again.

Think we all know that Rooney is best when he's playing week in week out though. Not sure he can do a bit part role. Maybe Mourinho can get him firing in front of goal again.

Very true... I just don't see him playing in that number 9 role. Ibra has to be first choice and then I'd have Rashford as his back up. In fact martial would and should be second or third choice striker (with him playing mainly on the wing). How many strikers feel they need to move back in their career in to midfield? Hardly any. Why? Because Rooney doesn't possess the abilities to play that role with his pace having diminished. There's lot of strikers who are never blessed with pace but offer other attributes. Rooney though really doesn't or I can't think of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back