Why does Jose talk in riddles all the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Warrior

Latest rubbish to come out of his mouth...

Talking about Utd:
“So in seven years with four different managers, once not qualified for Europe, twice out in the group phase and the best was a quarter-final,” he said. “This is football heritage.

“And if you want to go to the Premier League, the last victory was 12-13 and in the four consecutive seasons, United finished fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh – or seventh, fourth, five and six.

“So, in the last four years the best was fourth. This is football heritage.

“It means that when you start the process, you are here (using hands to represent levels), you are there or you are there. It is heritage. It’s heritage.

“In the last seven years the worst position of Man City in the Premier League was fourth. In the last seven years Man City was champions twice and if you want to say three times, they were second twice. That’s heritage.

“Do you know what is also heritage? It’s Otamendi, De Bruyne, Fernandinho, Silva, Sterling, Aguero. They are investments from the past, not from the last two years.

“Do you know how many United players left the club last season? See where they play, how they play, if they play.”

What utter, utter rubbish. And this guy is our manager!

It might be a little of language difficulty, I'm not sure heritage is right word. He 's basically saying what a few of us in here have said.

He has inherited an awful side, in terms of playing staff and it will take time to get it to where it needs to be. Whereas Pep inherited a decent side that was already winning titles and being 2nd in the league. City were building that team for Pep long before he arrived.

So in the two years he's been at the club, they have improved but they are still far short. He needs to get the playing staff right, so when the next manager arrived they will inherit a decent side, not the cr@p he has had to deal with.

And he has a point.

I think he’s got a bit of a point people need to recognise in the last 5 years we have been nowhere near winning the league or CL.

Also, his comments about players who left are bang on Schniederlin, Depay, Rooney & Januzaj don’t think any are pulling up trees at their new clubs making us look silly. He’s pointing out that what he inherited was terrible and it will take him longer to put it back together.

He hasn’t said this is where we want to be more that right now this is where we are now history is and always will be history.

If getting knocked out to Sevilla has light his type of fire back into Jose then it was worth it. This is the Jose I've wanted to see for ages. Coming out fighting. Us vs the world mentality. This is when he is at his best. Watched that conference and felt fired up!

I get what he is saying. Guardiola started in a much stronger position than him and has spent more. Truth be told they 2 -3 years ahead of us and have better players. Time will tell if Jose is the man to tske us forward but in terms of what he said i understand it. Basically he is saying he needs to spend a lot more money to be close to competing.

He needs to just keep his f*cking mouth shut.

Excerpts from Ozil's autobiography on Jose Mourinho -
Ozil says Jose makes outrageous statements in the media after a loss deliberately, he knows media will mock him for ages over those and that's what the headlines will be dedicated to for the next few weeks and not on the players who would have otherwise been in the headlines for the performance. He sacrifices his dignity to protect the players. He says Jose is a chilled guy, he doesn't have any rules in the dressing room, you can go out, party, text, call in the dressing room, turn up late to training, as long as you give 200 percent on the pitch, it doesn't matter to him. But he will abuse and insult you horribly in front of other players if he felt you are slacking and not living up to your potential. Ozil says Jose is the most honest manager he has ever come across. He says what he feels, doesn't talk behind back and he gives his best at bringing the best out of players. Talking about how Jose broke Pep, he says, Jose realized that Barca are impregnable and Pep's main weapon is his single-minded focus on the football. So, he started personal attacks on Pep in the interviews, to distract Pep. To shake his focus. It worked. Pep was rattled, outraged. Pep's focus was distracted. And Barca's dominance over Real was broken. Jose knows exactly what he is doing, whenever he talks shit, he has a plan.
Maybe this was what he was trying to do. I mean he makes some valid points about the squad he inherited. But the Sevilla defeat was down to tactics and not squad quality imo

Just watched the whole 12 minutes and it’s classic Mourinho stuff but there is a point behind it all and that is he’s getting the message out that him and the board are in full agreement that putting this right will take money and also time.

He reminds everyone that Utd have not been part of the CL elite for 7 years now since 2011 only 1 quarter final appearance and since 2013 we’ve been nowhere near the top of the league.

It's fair enough saying it's gonna take time and money but look at the players we have. They can surely muster a better performance than we did on Tuesday. That was all down to bad tactics. Jose's tactics.

He played Fellaini who just come back from injury, left McT on the bench who had a good game against Liverpool, put Rash on the right etc etc

Talk s**t all you like for the media, his tactics and team selection was terrible.

It's fair enough saying it's gonna take time and money but look at the players we have. They can surely muster a better performance than we did on Tuesday. That was all down to bad tactics. Jose's tactics.

He played Fellaini who just come back from injury, left McT on the bench who had a good game against Liverpool, put Rash on the right etc etc

Talk s**t all you like for the media, his tactics and team selection was terrible.
Which is probably the reason he is talking s**t for the media, no? Deflect, deflect, deflect and when questioned directly claim innocence!

Yes he got it wrong against Sevilla, but he shouldn't be crucified for that; we all have bad days. Can't expect him to explain in detail why he made the choices he did. No other manager does.

Second in the league, FA cup quarter final. That's progress.

We've been saying basically the same things as Jose is saying now. He inherited a poor team and even tbough he has invested a lot in good players, a lot more needs to be done before we hit the elite level. If this wasn't the case, we'd not be regularly posting about the four or so new players we need.

I think the issue is @O-Dog we thought rightly or wrongly that even at this current stage of rebuild we should have enough to beat Sevilla who are on ok side. Maybe we need a reality check we aren’t yet back to being tier 1 team maybe we are tier 2 like Sevilla which is probably fair but we should be prepared to take them on not sit off them like we are afraid.

We all accept it’s a work in progress and more players are required to get us back to the very top but you see us going out in such a limp way playing into the oppositions hands by not putting them under pressure and it makes you wonder is this man the right man? He has this at every club there’s always those who can’t accept his method of winning football matches and his methods aren’t universally popular but they are proven methods that work.

He got his new contract so the club are backing him and we should be back in CL next season so we will expect better and in big games we will need to be able to score more goals if we want to win.

A reality check. A relegation fighting managerless Leicester knocked a stronger Sevilla out of the Champions League at this time last season

A reality check. A relegation fighting managerless Leicester knocked a stronger Sevilla out of the Champions League at this time last season

That team the previous season had won the league and at that point were only interested in playing CL games the home leg came when the players all had a point to prove as their lack of performance in the first half of that season got their manager sacked.

Utd might talk like a big club, pay transfer fees like a big club, pay wages of a big club BUT it has not played like a big club for a long time now.

Sevilla are a poor side. 27 points behind Barcelona with 8 games to go. Regardless of how we look at ourselves Sevilla aren't a side we should be getting knocked out by. Regardless of what Jose says players in that side aren't getting in to ours. A combined 11 from our two sides is the United starting 11. N'Zonzi is one of their star players.

I'm not Mourinho out. I've said we need to give him the backing but there is no excuse for Tuesday nights performance. The more he tries to make out like there is the more p!ssed off i'm getting. Just hold your hands up say you f*cked up and move forward.

Sevilla are a poor side. 27 points behind Barcelona with 8 games to go. Regardless of how we look at ourselves Sevilla aren't a side we should be getting knocked out by. Regardless of what Jose says players in that side aren't getting in to ours. A combined 11 from our two sides is the United starting 11. N'Zonzi is one of their star players.

Based on the 2 games Nzonzi, Benega & Correa get easily in our team. They’ve scored 5 goals against Liverpool this season we scored 2, they’ve knocked Atlético Madrid out of the Spanish cup over 2 legs.

Football isn’t a game played by individuals it’s played by teams they play as a team we don’t it’s really that simple. Man for man on paper we probably have more talent but we don’t play as a team so all that individual talent is useless.

They were beaten by Laganes today. At least we shouldn’t have to face them next season as they won’t be in the champions league

They were beaten by Laganes today. At least we shouldn’t have to face them next season as they won’t be in the champions league

We will if they win the CL :p

The fact he has Fellaini to pick shows what level our club is at at the moment.

And you argument is we should have played a 21 year old with 9 or 10 games experience.

Our playing staff are just not good enough

More crazy Jose...

Whats's good is Jose has had a reaction to losing against Sevilla. He say's.....
"When I spend two days working on a faster building gap, between the lines, that depends on the defenders and the movement of the attacking players. Here attacking players hiding behind players, defenders playing square passes taking 10-12 passes to go to another line.

So Jose finally decides to play the way we've all been asking him to, but he expects the team to undo everything he has drilled into them over the last god knows how long and to play in this new style after 2 days of training it. Then he picks practically the whole team out for not being able to play the new way.

I think this guy must smoke crack or something.

That was his way of making sure the public know he didn't ask them to play like that and he wants the football to be better but these players either won't do it or can't do it.

I think there has to be some recognition that the conditions played a part on Saturday night a blizzard isn't the easiest conditions to play in after all but I think he chose a fairly dull home win to call out his players.

If he's serious about that problem then it'll be interesting to see what he does with the centre backs and centre mids for the next game because it's clear that he's pointed out the problem we have building the play from the back. That starts with having defenders who are comfortably playing through the lines but also midfielders who get in space to take the passes and are able to play forward themselves.

That is fair enough but when you've got your best midfielder sitting on the bench in Pogba and Carrick also nowhere to be seen currently is he picking the best players to carry out his tactics? Would Lindelof who is comfortable on the ball not be a better choice than Smalling who isn't?

Mourinho doing what Mourinho does best; self preservation. The squad has deficiencies (midfield and full backs), however we should expect a higher level of performance with the quality of attacking players available. The football has been awful, which is due to Mourinho and his tactics. The squad doesn't require a overhaul, far from it. He should be getting more out of the players at his disposal, just like Guardiola, Klopp and Pochettino.

City were in a better position when Mourinho was appointed manager, but it is overstated. There was a point between the two clubs in the previous season plus City have signed 14 players in the last two seasons. 14 players would suggest Guardiola wasn't happy with his squad and the praise City receive for their planning is excessive.

I think he’s getting the best he can out of this squad he isn’t playing pretty football but I don’t think this group of players can play that way and achieve better results. If he gets them to finish 2nd and wins the FA Cup in a season where his best centre back and centre mid on paper have missed that much of a season is some going and this season will probably be our best points total post Ferguson. Think the best season post Fergie is 70 points in LVG’s first season we are already on 65 so we could/should break 80 points this season. Just annoying that City may break 100 points which makes us and everyone else look stupid.

Hand on heart you put the entire squad up for sale tomorrow I reckon less than 1/2 get picked up by other top 6 teams, it’s just a badly assembled group of players that needs rebuilding be that by Jose or by another manager.

I think the concern is if we give Mourinho another £200m to sign 5 or 6 players what sort of players will he target as so far his signings are starting to look questionable, have any been consistently brilliant?

Mourinho is making the players look worse than they are. I suspect Salah would struggle to perform in the current set up. Fergie would have the team playing to a much higher level with the likes of Pogba, Sanchez, Martial, Lukaku at his disposal.

Mourinho (January 31st):

I think in attack it's very difficult for us to improve. Where are we going to get a better combination of players than we have? We cannot buy Messi, we cannot buy Crsitiano. These are the best players of the last decade. Where can we get better players than Mata, Martial, Lingard, Rashford, Sanchez, Lukaku? So, in attack, we have an amazing group of players.

So what's changed?

The manager got a mauling in the press about his lack of adventure and coaching. So now all bets are off. In much the same way Trump is thin skinned and aggressive, United are ruled by the Portuguese version. :(

Hate to say it but Jamie Redknapp actually had a few good points about the summer, saying the way Jose is being at the moment, if your any kind of flair player in the summer, there is no way you would come and play for us, no enjoyment in our football, no style, hardly any attacking intent etc., we could struggle to attract top players, especially if were looking at someone for the right hand side like Bale/Pulisic etc., who in their right mind will come to us at the moment.

Obviously money talks but looking at Sanchez, who has only come for the money lets be honest about it, and it is no motivation to perform as its proving.

Also a lot of talk about Pogba agent sniffing out clubs for him this summer, are we going to risk all this by keeping him in charge for another 12/18 months.

Some big big questions to be answered this summer.

I think he’s getting the best he can out of this squad he isn’t playing pretty football but I don’t think this group of players can play that way and achieve better results. If he gets them to finish 2nd and wins the FA Cup in a season where his best centre back and centre mid on paper have missed that much of a season is some going and this season will probably be our best points total post Ferguson. Think the best season post Fergie is 70 points in LVG’s first season we are already on 65 so we could/should break 80 points this season. Just annoying that City may break 100 points which makes us and everyone else look stupid.

Hand on heart you put the entire squad up for sale tomorrow I reckon less than 1/2 get picked up by other top 6 teams, it’s just a badly assembled group of players that needs rebuilding be that by Jose or by another manager.

I think the concern is if we give Mourinho another £200m to sign 5 or 6 players what sort of players will he target as so far his signings are starting to look questionable, have any been consistently brilliant?

Going on his signings mate, Bailly when fit has been a hit but has been injured far to much.

Ibra was defo a hit until his injury, scored loads should have scored double what he did as he missed so many chances but turned up when it mattered.

Pogba defo a miss, his you tube video of his time at United will look awesome but in reality goes missing far to often when it matters.

Miki simply a miss

Lukaku been a hit without question

Sanchez so far massive miss

Lindelof a big miss

Matic a hit

Think that's it is it, not overly great lets be honest.

I don't really understand. Jamie Redknapp, Sounness, Keown they all hate united, why listen to them.

Of course united can attract any player they want, Jose is still one of the most successful managers of all time, he just has too many incompetent players.

Part of the problem is our defenders are so awful, he cant trust them to be left on their own so we have to let the forward players come back. And our CM is awful too. If you explain to a top player what you are trying to achieve and pay them they will come.

Pogba, I am really disappointed in him, if this is just attitude then he can go. If he is not good enough to play more than one role then he can go. Probably why Madrid and Barca gave him a wide birth. The only club left is PSG, hopefully we can swap him for Verrati

I think Matic like Pogba has had lots of ups and downs.

Mhiki just never settled in and club made a good decision to call times

Lindelof/Sanchez probably to early to judge as neither have really played much football for Utd.

Ibra/Lukaku did the kind of minimum expectation you want from a big money striker both hit around the 30 goal mark but Ibra was only ever a picture to hang over the crack in the wall.

Bailly when fit looks good but still very raw and misses a lot of games with injury.

Opened up that sky sports app and its Shaw unhappy, Pogba unhappy and United to struggle to sign attacking players this summer. I just find that hilarious. People have nothing else to talk about then us. Simple as that. I'd love to borrow Jamie Redknapp's crystal ball for the day as he seems to know everything thats going to happen. Think we should look at all these stories as "experts" trying to stay relevant and talk about the biggest followed side in the country.

None of these people know what Shaw is thinking. No one has spoken to Pogba directly. Jamie whats the Euro millions numbers for Friday mate? Fancy buying a executive box at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back