Who will we sign ?

Ben Townsend

With roughly a week to go until the transfer window shuts, who do we actually believe will be signed sealed and delivered in the next week or so ?

Im going to go for it here;

Lukaku plus cash in exchange for Dybala (just have a gut feeling about this one)
Harry Maguire

There are a couple that have a lot of rumours - Sergej M Savic, Longstaff, Fernandes - but I can only see the above two deals happening.

I think Fernandez and Maguire (unfortunately) will get across the line.

I don’t like the idea of Maguire though. Don’t think he’s a substantial upgrade and the price they’re talking is ridiculous.

Apparently we are after a sous chef in the United kitchen, think we’ll get that one over the line soon.

Player wise, probably Maguire but would be surprised if anyone else. To be honest pretty sick of the transfer window and all these fake news stories. The start of the season cannot come quick enough.

I don't actually think any will now. We might get a CB but I don't see a CM and I think it's a joke. I feel for Ole because he's going to be out of a job next year. The precedent has been set, miss out on top 4 and you get the sack. Well this team is missing out on top 4 guaranteed right now.

The Dybala thing seems to be gaining pace so expect that to happen. I think Utd should be looking at a straight swap for Lukaku no cash going either way as both players are declining in value after poor seasons and both clubs want them out.

Maguire I think will happen Utd can’t afford for it not to a centre back is an absolute must

Fernandes never been convinced we are seriously in all the talk is from Portugal not from England sounds to me like the usual stuff from Portugal.

I do think we need a centre mid to upgrade Matic if Dybala comes that feels like we are going 4-2-3-1 I don’t think Matic/Pogba worked as a 2. The only one I see who might work with Pogba is Fred but that’s a massive gamble.

I take what I said back. Di Marzio has been dropping transfer grenades all day. So now I’m convinced we will sign Dybala, Fernandes and Maguire.

In fairness they are the 3 I am expecting and happy with. Midfield 3 of Fernandes, mct, pogba. Rashford and martial up front with dybala at 10. Lots of emphasis on the full backs to get forward.

So looking at one or two signings? Dybala and a CM or CB? Not enough. We need Dybala, a CM AND a CB. Our midfield is a joke with no depth.

If we go 4231 we need a CB and a number 10 so I’d take Maguire and Dybala

We also need a high intensity ball winning centre mid to go alongside Pogba if Pogba goes then you need 2 centre mids the current centre mids bar Pogba are all squad player standard not starters.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back