Who will United sign this summer?

I think we need 4 first choice outfield players if DDG goes we also need a keeper.

CB
LB
CM
CF

No idea who these players will be probably half of them will come from Monaco if you believe the papers but we will probably see 4 or 5 leave as well

I think Shaw is done I hope they loan him out next season rather than sell him but either way we need a proper LB we can't keep fudging it and I think Zlatan will go in the summer the fact he hasn't signed already to me suggests he's thinking about doing something else next season

I think we'll sell/let go (quite a lot of playes so maybe not all this year)

DDG - hope he stays but sadly think he will go.
Smalling or Jones
Young
Rooney
Blind
Janujaz
Wilson
Carrick - retire

I think we'll bring Perreira back from loan and Buy (or I want us to buy)

A keeper - no Idea but think my preferred would be Lloris
I would still love to get Varane but we need a centre back.
Matuidi and probably another CM.
A fast winger.
Greizmann

And I pray the Neymar rumour is true :)

I think the priority should be (if we make four signings):

1. CM
2. An attacker
3. CM
4. LB

At least one central midfielder should be the highest priority following the departures of Schneiderlin and Schweinsteiger, and possibly Carrick and Fellaini too. Pereira and/or Fosu-Mensah could be the other central midfielder in my list. For me, the need for a new centre back is a lower priority. I think the defence is harshly criticised. We conceded 35 league goals (joint best) in 2015/16 and so far 23 in 27 (third best; only two more than Chelsea and Spurs) in 2016/17. The bigger problem is at the other end; we scored 49 (10th best) in 2015/16 and 42 in 27 (7th best) in 2016/17.

How many times has Dave kept the ball out the net though. A decent keeper is a must if he goes.

How many times has Dave kept the ball out the net though.

Without looking at stats, I would hazard a guess that De Gea has made less saves or key saves per game in 2016/17. He's played a less significant role than previous seasons.

I think the issue for the defence is that the attack doesn't score enough goals so that the odd goal that is conceded doesn't really matter but there are issues Smalling/Jones pick up a lot of injuries so we don't really have a settled partnership top sides play pretty much the same back 4 in every game and we kind of need to be heading towards that I think. Will be interesting to see how our defensive stats shape up at the end of the season because we still have to play all the top attacking sides again (apart from Liverpool).

The key thing this summer has to be solving our goalscoring problems that might mean some unpopular decisions but there can be no excuses next season we have to take more of our chances.

It's quite hard to tell what sytem Mourinho is going for he started the season with 4-2-3-1 he then went to 4-3-3 he then started to move back towards 4-2-3-1 and recently he's been playing 3-4-3 however these systems line up if he isn't going to put faith in Shaw then he has to buy a LB for next season.

I think for the youngsters it'll be another season out on loan Pereira, Januzaj & Fosu-Mensah I think will all go on loan next season same with Borthwick-Jackson & Wilson (if he's over his injury) I just don't think any of them are quite good enough for the first team yet and they would probably be better off playing somewhere on loan. In the case of Januzaj I think he will probably be sold if good offers came in as I don't think his attitude is ever going to sit well with Mourinho.

Utd have to challenge for the title next year with the money that was spent last summer likely to be matched again this summer there's no more excuses Utd have to show they can sustain a title challenge not saying they have to win it but come April we have to be in the hunt.

Depends on who we let leave and what formation we're planning on playing.

I'll assume we're going to play a 4-3-3 even though i'd prefer us to play a 4-2-3-1 in most games.

Playing a 4-3-3 a CM midfielder to play behind Herrera/Pogba is the priority. My ideal signing would be Verraiti. I'd love to see us go big for him. We probably can't afford to let Fellaini go though. Bastian and Schniderlin gone. Carrick entering retirement a possibility. Talk of Eric Dier which I hope proves false.

A CB signing to come in and play in the first team is probably the priority - With Jones or Smalling leaving. The other remaining our 4th choice. We may end up in for Michael Keane but I actually don't think he'll be that much of an improvement. I think Jones and Smalling would do the same job when dropping deep and defending as a team for 90 mins. Tah and Sule are two young CB's a lot of people are talking about and the latest CB's to break in to the Germany side at 21.

Then whats the deal with Ibra? If he's staying another year is there a point in signing a CF yet. I'd rather just wait another season and let Rashford be his back up. If Ibra is off then a striker probably actually becomes the priority. As i've said previously ideally i'd be after Sanchez.

I wouldn't bother signing a LB. I'd have Shaw on an intense summer fitness regime and telling him he's got one last season to prove himself.

I can't see De Gea leaving.

So my answer is Verraiti - Sule - Sanchez!! I'd keep Januzaj Wilson and Periera around.

I'd be saying goodbye to Rooney Smalling Blind Young Zlatan

I think the Shaw/Mourinho thing might be beyond repair he's either not doing what he's told or Mourinho is forcing him out either way the fact that Rojo, Blind, Darmian, Jones, Young are all being picked at LB or LWB ahead of him tells me that he's gone. There is clearly something that we're not being told and we might never be told but I just can't see him being in the managers plan next season unless they sort this issue out before the end of the season.

Shaw looks like he will go to the U21 tournament with England in the summer and that might do him the world of good as it's been a very tough first season back for him since his injury.

Manchester United transfer plans revealed as David De Gea proves key to Anotine Griezmann move

My choices would be: Full back, centre back and 1 or 2 centre mids. Wouldn't sign an attacker this summer unless Ibra left. I know we've not scored much this season but we've a lot of potential in attack to score double the amount next season. Having had a year to settle in, you'd expect more from Mkhi and Pogba. Rest and full pre-seasons for Pogba, Martial and Rashford should also help them.

I think defence and midfield are bigger priorities at this point, Shaw hasn't convinced and is our only true LB. The change to 3 at the back recently could point to Mourinho's lack of trust in his defenders, there are other possible reasons though. Following recent departures, we only have 4 senior mids left, Pereira could be promoted while Fosu-Mensah should be loaned out.

That's exactly the right attitude to have. The next transfer window is very important. Jose has already got rid of 3 players with I suspect another 5 or 6 to go. I believe he needs to bring in 4 or 5 too. If we can get champions league through the Europa league on top of winning the EFL Cup it will have been a successful season and a good platform for next season.

I still don't even think investment is necessarily the answer, of course it may happen and will probably help but the potential is there and the issue can be solved without investment. Players we have need to learn from this season and hopefully will have, hopefully Mourinho and co will have too. It's down to them to figure out how to solve the issue, if that's by bringing someone in, it has to be the right man. But it can be solved in house. We had similar issues when Rooney and Ronaldo were younger, investment in attack wasn't the answer then. Those 2 young players improved and a senior striker stepped aside.

I think there has to be investment. Carrick and zlatan are coming to the end of their career and i dont really think we hqve ready made replacements. I dont really think we need a left back as i think shaw is ultimately good enough but i think jose has already made that decision. Jones and smalling are injury prone. Two or three are either past there best or not really good enough. We have some prospects in tbe academy but not much in the u23s. I would say we need a minimum of 4 players.

Oh yeah I didn't mean no investment at all. Certainly needed in midfield and defence but not totally necessary on the attacking front. There will be though. If we're to sign an attacker it has to be at the expense of Rooney and/or Zlatan rather than the younger ones. Love Zlatan but i'd like to see him replaced in the summer. I hope he will still stay though.

I would definitely not want to see Rashford or Martial leave, although I think Martial is fighting for his place in Jose's eyes next season. I am already thinking that Rooney is gone. Although Zlatan looks in cracking condition at his age you can go practically overnight. I honestly don't think atm that Rashford is savvy enough to play up front every week. We all need to be patient with him. I would hope that the investment would mean healthy fighting for position rather than losing young talent with potential.

I'm not even sure that Rashford is seen as a striker in the long term anymore, think he and the coaches see more of a Ronaldo role for him going forward. Before the last 3 games, I was reluctant to want us to bring a striker in as it'd mean less games for Rashford there but not sure now. I'd definitely like to see Zlatan replaced as first choice.

We need better players but next season we also need to get much more out of the quality we do have

I still see Rashford as a centre forward in the long term. In the present term i see him as an impact player off the bench on the flank or maybe even alongside Zlatan.

Wonder if we could convince Leicester to sell Ndidi, he looks right at home in the league. Obviously we do need a replacement for Carrick, wouldn't mind us going for Neves at Porto. Looks a dynamite player.

Clearly would be incredible to get Griezmann or Mbappe, one of those would be the most exciting signings we have made lately. But it'll be hard to get either. Other than that I think getting in Lindelof and Semedo will be good. And if we lose De Gea we should do all we can to get Oblak.

Wonder if we could convince Leicester to sell Ndidi, he looks right at home in the league. Obviously we do need a replacement for Carrick, wouldn't mind us going for Neves at Porto. Looks a dynamite player.

Clearly would be incredible to get Griezmann or Mbappe, one of those would be the most exciting signings we have made lately. But it'll be hard to get either. Other than that I think getting in Lindelof and Semedo will be good. And if we lose De Gea we should do all we can to get Oblak.

Lindelof just signed a new deal at Benfica so I think we can add that one to the pile a mile high of Benfica players who've used the Utd link to get a new deal look forward to another 10 years of being linked with him Garay must have had about 6 "medicals" at Utd in his time with Benfica.

I like Ndidi but if Utd really thought he was good enough surely they'd have got him before he goes to Leicester I think we're probably more likely to be going for one of the guys from Monaco Fabinho & Bakayoko are both heavily linked.

I think our biggest need is a disciplined midfielder to sit in front of the back four and protect the defence, allowing Pogba more freedom, but also be a good distributor and be a midfield quarter back to get moves going. Fabinho looks a good option but I'm not sure on others. Another midfielder, a Herrera box-to-box upgrade, wouldn't be bad. I'd like Andreas Pereira to be given a chance to be that player. If it doesn't work out, Herrera is fine. It's not a problem position for me.

An attacking player is needed, perhaps two if Zlatan leaves. If Zlatan leaves I'd like Lukaku. I'd prefer us to play a 4-3-3 next season therefore should we sign another attacking player someone like Griezmann or Sanchez who could play off the front a bit would be ideal, probably Sanchez more than Griezmann (grand plans I know).

If we sign a centre back they would have to be good on the ball. We need better distribution from back to front. Wouldn't mind an attacking left back either if Shaw is written off. Probably another busy summer.

Another huge summer Al. Lots of decisions to be made. Think we need to loan TFM out, get him playing week in week out, maybe replace him in squad with Pereira, I think he's ready for the step up, seems to have the right attitude and we know that Jose is big on that! Think we have to get rid of a few to bring a few in. Darmian first in line i'd say, would not be surprised to see Blind in that queue either, just not a Mourinho player. Rooney continues to have mystery absences and seems to be heading for the exit. 10 or more facing uncertain futures, some could surprise.

I'm not sure there really is much of a box to box upgrade on Herrera in the world. He's criminally underrated. After De Gea he's the last option in the starting 11 I'd be looking to get an upgrade on

Here is one to please IDFD, Jose has made contact with Sanchez.

An attacking player is needed, perhaps two if Zlatan leaves. If Zlatan leaves I'd like Lukaku. I'd prefer us to play a 4-3-3 next season therefore should we sign another attacking player someone like Griezmann or Sanchez who could play off the front a bit would be ideal, probably Sanchez more than Griezmann (grand plans I know.

Am I the only one who doesn't really rate Lukaku? Every time I see him play he looks brainless, obviously he scores goals but his general play at times can looks very very poor. There is much room for improvement, stats alone suggests he would be a top signing but he has yet to convince me he would be a top top drawer signing.

I don't rate him that highly either, reminds me a bit of Heskey. I don't want him at united.

I'm not sure there really is much of a box to box upgrade on Herrera in the world. He's criminally underrated. After De Gea he's the last option in the starting 11 I'd be looking to get an upgrade on

Obviously talking unrealistic targets but Kroos, Rakatic, Vidal, Khedira, Thiago are the ones who instantly spring to mind there are better options out there but it's not a problem position he's more than good enough imo but he does need to start contributing goals don't think he's scored in the league this season and he's been sent off twice in the first half of games for 2 yellow cards.

I really want Fellaini gone in the summer if that happens we need 2 CM's 1 to replace Carrick who might be staying 1 more year which i'm ok with if he's backup and then we need another to help rotate with Pogba/Herrera. Ideally you sort of want Carrick as your 5th man option as he clearly doesn't see Blind as a CM and Fosu-Mensah needs to go on loan and play next season

From that list i'd honestly only say Kroos and Thiago and even then I probably wouldn't drop Herrera but play them alongside him. Rakatic and Vidal I wouldn't say play the position Herrera does he's better than both defensively.

Compare his stats to Kante the midfielder no one will shut up about and you'll see just how effective he's been this season.

Both Red cards were ridiculous. The first he fell over in to someone and is one of the worst reds you'll ever see and the second he was done for continuous fouling as the punishment even though it was his second challenge of the game and he was already booked for his first.

I still think we make Kroos a part of the De Gea deal or tell them to walk.

Talk again today of Perisic

You're ignoring the 0 goals scored point though you can't be a box to box midfielder and not score goals.

They were ridiculous but the Chelsea one was totally avoidable.

Rakatic, Kroos & Vidal play on the side of a 3 man midfield which is basically where Herrera plays and they play box to box we could also add Modric & Iniesta to my list. Herrera is a good player but would he get in the midfields of the top clubs in the world right now? I don't think he would he's good but not great. Of the teams above us in the league who's midfield would he get in if everyone was fit? He'd get in the Arsenal midfield but I don't think he'd get in City, Chelsea, Spurs or Liverpool's first choice midfield

I like Herrera, I like his attitude and the way he embraced the club, and the fact he goes to watch Zaragoza whenever he can. I like the effort he puts in.

Is he in the bracket of a top class midfielder, I don't think so, could we get a player, probably, do I want to, no. I think he does well with what's around him. I wished he played the ball forward more because he can, but maybe there isn't enough movement.

Him and Kroos would be great, don't really know much about Perisic

He'd walk in to the Chelsea side ahead of Matic. He'd be Liverpools best midfielder you build that midfield around him. City he'd easily displace Yaya Toure who they've had to play deeper because or Pep not having faith in Fernando at CM and keeps putting him at full back. Pep would love an Herrera in his side.

You're doing him a bit of an injustice in a three man midfield he's played with Carrick deeper and him as the runner. Much like Kante did last season with Drinkwater behind him when everyone was calling him the best midfielder in the league with one goal.

When he's in the 2 man midfield he's playing the deeper of the two to give Pogba more license to attack. I don't see how anyone can rate Kante as world class but not Herrera.

Who said Kante is world class? Lets see him do it in the Champions League before he gets that title same for Herrera and all the others in the Premier League very few players in this league in my opinion have proven themselves at the very highest level this league is low on quality and it shows when we play the big boys in Europe we get embarrased.

It's horses for course I agree it's a close between Herrera & Matic at Chelsea but it's not nailed on, City's first choice midfield is Fernandinho, Gundogan & Silva I don't think he's walking in there, Liverpools midfield this season Wijnaldum, Henderson, Lallana he's not walking in that team straight away.

I think Herrera would compete for a place in any side above us and he'd get plenty of matches but I don't think he's walking into anyones side apart from the Arsenal team and currently that's a team with no midfield talent.

I agree on kante, Germany completely showed him up.

Herrera is a stayer for me. I'd like to see him nearer the opposition box to be honest.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back