Status
Not open for further replies.

Sideshow Bob

Which view do you agree with?

Scholes:

"It's not a great night but I thought they played really well, they looked dangerous and they have got something to build on tonight, even though it was against a poor team and it was a bad result, when you see what I have seen for the last year.

"They had pace, good movement, Martial went in behind and I just thought they had a really good look about them.

"Darmian didn't have his best night but I am encouraged by tonight.

"If they play anything like that again tonight against Southampton I think they will be fine."

Hargreaves:

"A ton of possession for United but they just didn't have any clear-cut opportunities.

"United made an ordinary team look decent.

"A moment of brilliance from Depay gets that goal but an awful start for Manchester United."

Tend to agree with Scholes, the performance was encouraging, but I also agree with Smalling.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Perhaps somewhere in between.

Mata delayed his pass to Depay in the first half which would've resulted in a better chance on goal. He also miss controlled about 4 yards from goal. So if those go in we have a different night.

It wasn't great but I wasn't bored off my tits like normal which is encouraging.

I tend to agree with scholsey there. It was good viewing. I thought we created enough chances. Just needed to finish them off. Ashley young put in a few great crosses in the box but there was nobody at the end of them.

All 3 of our CL games this season have seen poor finishing, I moaned about it after the first Brugge game. We need to create more and we need to convert more chances. Mata was poor last night at 10, liked having Young on the right but needs to improve his crossing from the right if he's to stay there. Rooney at 10 could be possible. Was impressed by Martial and Memphis last night, decision making let them down though, potentially a very good partnership. Reminded me a bit of Ronaldo and Rooney when they were younger but they lacked a Ruud to carry them in attack. Rooney needs to be that player for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back