Where yat?

Justin Cider

Early observation but there seems to be very little posting after 22:30 most nights, @Macariman is Down Under and let's be honest if you had the choice you probably would be as well, but surely not everybody else on the forum that posts regularly is in Blighty and tucked up in bed by half ten.

So if you don't mind me being nosey asking where are you?

The County/District/State etc. etc. will do if you don't want to name the town or city, and lets be honest if you lived in Cockermouth, Scratchy Bottom or Nempnett Thrubwell you'd probably want to keep it to yourself.

Anyho I'll go first, and quite possibly last!

Cumbria - NW England.

Dorking. Home of Dorking Wonderers. We'll be a League 2 side in the next 5 years ;)George Best son is now chairman of the women's team and a lot of speculation on that he's helping getting funding together on the men's side.

Forum will usually be quieter during the international breaks. And I think many people post during the 9-5 working hours.

The home of concrete cows, roundabouts and a football team stolen from south london.

Sydney, NSW, Oz
Does it really matter pal if u have supported MUFC for over 45 yrs, and played against them 4 times.
Supported with a passion. They r, and always will be, the 3rd most close team to my heart!!!

He wasn't calling you out he was just mentioning that the forum is quiet of an evening so no need to go on the defensive.

Dorking. Home of Dorking Wonderers. We'll be a League 2 side in the next 5 years ;)George Best son is now chairman of the women's team and a lot of speculation on that he's helping getting funding together on the men's side.

Forum will usually be quieter during the international breaks. And I think many people post during the 9-5 working hours.

Wasn't sure whether Dorking was in Surrey or Sussex so googled it and apparently DW have played in both Counties Leagues, mind you it was Wikipedia. I'll have to get my research people on it ;)

I don't really do reality TV and haven't seen much of him since his Dad's funeral so had a look see to what he's been up to since, never knew that Calum was born on the 6th February, with the significance of that date to the club.

So there are a lot of Dolly Partons on the forum using their works computers :D

Sydney, NSW, Oz
Does it really matter pal if u have supported MUFC for over 45 yrs, and played against them 4 times.
Supported with a passion. They r, and always will be, the 3rd most close team to my heart!!!

As long as you've a place for Manchester United in your heart I don't care if you're Manchester/Salford born and bred and not missed a home game for decades or live on the Moon where obviously transport to matches may be a problem.

Third Eh? Guessing Celtic or Rangers is one?

Lovely guy is Lou, met him outside Highbury, Roker Park and St. Andrews, always up for a chat, but with over 300 visits to Old Trafford over the decades not once been in his Mam's Chippie, though our designated driver in the 80's often went in for chips, gravy and 4 sausages.

Why 4 I never asked. Mind you I wasn't as nosey then.

Wasn't sure whether Dorking was in Surrey or Sussex so googled it and apparently DW have played in both Counties Leagues, mind you it was Wikipedia. I'll have to get my research people on it ;)

I don't really do reality TV and haven't seen much of him since his Dad's funeral so had a look see to what he's been up to since, never knew that Calum was born on the 6th February, with the significance of that date to the club.

So there are a lot of Dolly Partons on the forum using their works computers :D

We probably would have got promoted last season we were flying and favourites to win the league when they decided to call off the season because of money issues the pandemic was causing. (Though was early doors still).

Play in the National League South. The stadium is open 7 days a week. Regularly drink in the stadium bar if it's match day or not, my niece does her little Kickers football training there, soft play area there that she loves and if I'm not too hungover I play 5 aside down there on a Sunday evening. Really good community club.

As long as you've a place for Manchester United in your heart I don't care if you're Manchester/Salford born and bred and not missed a home game for decades or live on the Moon where obviously transport to matches may be a problem.

Third Eh? Guessing Celtic or Rangers is one?

Lovely guy is Lou, met him outside Highbury, Roker Park and St. Andrews, always up for a chat, but with over 300 visits to Old Trafford over the decades not once been in his Mam's Chippie, though our designated driver in the 80's often went in for chips, gravy and 4 sausages.

Why 4 I never asked. Mind you I wasn't as nosey then.
Yeah, Glasgow Celtic is 1st

We probably would have got promoted last season we were flying and favourites to win the league when they decided to call off the season because of money issues the pandemic was causing. (Though was early doors still).

Play in the National League South. The stadium is open 7 days a week. Regularly drink in the stadium bar if it's match day or not, my niece does her little Kickers football training there, soft play area there that she loves and if I'm not too hungover I play 5 aside down there on a Sunday evening. Really good community club.

Sunday evenings are not so bad, but Sunday mornings after the night before were brutal, oh happy days!

A lot of the smaller clubs do great work in their Communities, and long may it continue.

Just need to educate folk of a certain age group that can't seem to separate football clubs and hooliganism about the benefits of using the facilities made available to them.

So thats:

Glasgow Celtic
(...............................)
Manchester United

Sydney Thunder?
Paisley Pirates?
Glasgow Warriors?

Am I getting warm?
Not really
Glasgow Celtic reserves!
Unless you're joking i'd hazard a guess that we've got Paddy Crerand to thank for you being a United fan then and not a Liverpool fan.
Among many, but wee Luigi has always been the man!

Not really
Glasgow Celtic reserves!

Among many, but wee Luigi has always been the man!

Spoke to a lot of Celtic fans of a certain age over the years and they all said when Paddy C moved South they automatically had United as their second team, Luigi carried that on, Liam Miller(rest in peace Son), not so.

Spoke to a lot of Celtic fans of a certain age over the years and they all said when Paddy C moved South they automatically had United as their second team, Luigi carried that on, Liam Miller(rest in peace Son), not so.
Yeah, your talking of guys of my age. The vast majority had Utd as their favourite English team ( 80 to 90%)
Dalglish moved South and a few followed him with their allegiance but not too many.
It was virtually all to do with Utd's style of play, very similar.
When your talking about players such as Charlton, Best and Law, tantalising!

Yeah, your talking of guys of my age. The vast majority had Utd as their favourite English team ( 80 to 90%)
Dalglish moved South and a few followed him with their allegiance but not too many.
It was virtually all to do with Utd's style of play, very similar.
When your talking about players such as Charlton, Best and Law, tantalising!

Different sources at the time and some with no reason to lie suggested Kenny was a United fan when he was youngster, and when Liverpool first inquired about him when they were looking for a replacement for Keegan were told if he had to leave Celtic, and it would only have been if the club needed the money, and he had to move South the only club that he'd consider signing for was Manchester United.

He obviously ended up at Anfield, but I don't know if United didn't rate him(highly unlikely, think both The Doc and Dave Sexton would have wanted him), Liverpool pounced when we were between Managers, or that when it was obvious he was leaving Celtic Park that Martin Edwards had conveniently lost the key to the war chest which he did quite frequently at the time.

Different sources at the time and some with no reason to lie suggested Kenny was a United fan when he was youngster, and when Liverpool first inquired about him when they were looking for a replacement for Keegan were told if he had to leave Celtic, and it would only have been if the club needed the money, and he had to move South the only club that he'd consider signing for was Manchester United.

He obviously ended up at Anfield, but I don't know if United didn't rate him(highly unlikely, think both The Doc and Dave Sexton would have wanted him), Liverpool pounced when we were between Managers, or that when it was obvious he was leaving Celtic Park that Martin Edwards had conveniently lost the key to the war chest which he did quite frequently at the time.
Don't know anything about his childhood English affiliations, but his fav Scottish team was a concern!

Don't know anything about his childhood English affiliations, but his fav Scottish team was a concern!

Didn't know that.

And I bet he based his game on Alex Ferguson that feared Rangers centre-forward, but instead of using his elbows like the great man, Kenny favoured using his backside.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back