When will Mourinho be sacked?

Back on topic Mourinho has got the team back together the leaks seem to have stopped and everyone is at least pulling together again which is a positive for the club.

He still needs to go at the end of the season unless the board are going to back him 100% and let him make the decisions on the squad otherwise he has to go because every summer will just be car crash after car crash and progress won't get made.

The club need a serious plan about how to build a team that can score 100 points in a league season that's the bar now this team will never do that but if we want "our" title back then this is the new benchmark. A plan needs to be put in place to achieve that either with Mourinho or without him.

Lets be honest Utd in the last 4 games have pulled off 4 good results but apart from Everton in 3 of them we should have been dead and buried before we mounted our come back that is not sustainable through a season.

Souness didn’t make a good point. Jose could have walked over shook every fans hand in the stadium bought their grans a cup of tea and we’d still be talking about José. You know why? Because you guys have made it like this. Every bad result and every poor performance you’ve got in the managers back you’ve made him out to be the devil incarnate you’ve made him the central figure that has to be spoken about every game.

Yes he did make a good point. And I'm sorry but this is the kind of nonsense that comes with Jose end of. Not because we had poor results or performances. He brings a circus because he is a clown. If we were winning games and top of the league he'd make it all about him and how great he is.

Souness once walked out into the middle of the pitch and planted a Galatasary flag in the middle of the Fenerbache pitch.

Just because he's an idiot and did something so stupid doesn't mean he can't have a point.

Souness once walked out into the middle of the pitch and planted a Galatasary flag in the middle of the Fenerbache pitch.

Mourinho might have poked someone in the eye but if you want to talk about the sort of behaviour that could and did start a riot and lacks any class Souness is not on to be pointing fingers and this is coming from someone who quite likes him and is a massive fan of his behaviour as Galatasary manager lol

Each to their own of course.

Premier League: Southampton 2-2 Manchester United - 1st December 2018

He has to go. Give it to Doris the tea lady.

I believe he has to go. If there is no natural long term replacement, and I wouldn't be rushing in to an appointment, maybe put Nicky butt in charge until the end of the season.

I’d get Jardim in. But we all know our next manager will be Zidane. Another 2 years wasted.

At this point... There's no manager who can do a worse job than what Jose is doing. Woodward, sack him and at least give us some hope.

Give it to Stoney over him.

Sick of him and I know it’s not his fault but he’s not the man to lead us forward.

Sad thing is until top 4 is impossible he’s going nowhere.

Correction... It's not all his fault but he's a big big part of it.

Fair correction he’s part of the problem his pessimism all summer rooted a bad atmosphere in the club and that cloud has never lifted.

Seriously have we had a convincing performance this season? We’ve got some nice results but this team hasn’t really put in a good performance for 90 minutes all season. The only game I can think of is Burnley and they are dreadful.

I have just read an article by Dave kitson who was on the bench for stoke the day Ramsey had his leg broken. Apparently pulis had been cranking up the aggression all week in training to the point they were over hyped up. He ended by saying teams are always a mirror of there manager. That is United players at the moment. They are dour, depressed, dark. They are defensive and slow. This is an attitude that is spreading throughout the club and for this reason he shouldbe sacked in my opinion

Pogba is also a disgrace. Not many at the club worthy of keeping.
Players are too expensive. Need to bring some of that youth through.

Fair correction he’s part of the problem his pessimism all summer rooted a bad atmosphere in the club and that cloud has never lifted.

Seriously have we had a convincing performance this season? We’ve got some nice results but this team hasn’t really put in a good performance for 90 minutes all season. The only game I can think of is Burnley and they are dreadful.

How many convincing performances have we had since he came in? A few but not a lot. His style of management and the way he sets his team up is archaic and he's done at the top of the game. I want this idiot gone so badly. I've always hated him.

How many convincing performances have we had since he came in? A few but not a lot. His style of management and the way he sets his team up is archaic and he's done at the top of the game. I want this idiot gone so badly. I've always hated him.

But prior to Utd this wasn’t always the case his teams would be incredibly well drilled and set traps for the opposition and exploit their weaknesses there’s just no sign of that at Utd.

This season has just felt like it’s drifting along like the second half of last season post Sevilla all we had was the FA Cup games but the league just became so meh because City had it wrapped up and no one was really fighting us for 2nd and that attitude has continued.

The way the team starts games is consistently poor that can only fall at the managers door as he’s still picking the slower players in midfield or at full back.

He certainly isnt the only thing wrong with the club, but do I see a turnaround with him in charge - absolutely no chance.

Someone has already mentioned, give him the arsenal game and get him gone regardless of the result.

Had enough of his attitude, its boring now.

There’s just nothing to look forward to he won’t win the fight against the owners and he’s clearly losing the players and the fans.

Will changing him solve everything absolutely not but I think it will lift the grey cloud that hangs over the club and the nonsense he brings to our door.

I don’t think this is a good time for a new man to the prem to arrive really. With Christmas. If they do it’s got to be this week or wait for new year.

I think after Arsenal we’ve got Fulham, Valencia, Liverpool if there’s a chance to change it has to be done after Arsenal even if it’s just Carrick as an interim like Madrid have had to do with Solari we just can’t keep going like this.

He might get away with it if he wasn't picking fights with everybody but in my opinion we need the second half of the season to see if those players will back another manager.

At this moment in time I’d happily let a random fan go in and pick the side and just say ‘enjoy yourselves’ to the players

Some fair points in here, not saying he should stay, just how different it as United

BBC

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If that is true... If Jose is happy and the board are very happy with him, and of course we don't really know, but I'm out. I'm done. No more.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Smoke, mirrors, agent talk yadda yadda yadda. We all know this can't continue. Will the board back Jose to buy the players he wants? No!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Smoke, mirrors, agent talk yadda yadda yadda. We all know this can't continue. Will the board back Jose to buy the players he wants? No!
I dunno... Woodward is pretty spineless until he has to make a move and that won't be until April time.

I honestly couldn’t disagree with you. He’s just called out Woodward told him to stop giving your squad players big contracts sort your damn job out and realise we shouldn’t have the biggest wage bill in the league with the side you’ve given me. He mentioned FFP to prove a point to the guy that keeps giving contracts to his favourites.

I agree JSP if he didn’t think he could win he wouldn’t be there.
I also think he’s calling out UEFA with their investigation. But that is pointless as they were so involved in it weren’t they, didn’t the first report say EUFA would turn a blind eye in exchange for votes or something. I could be wrong there.

Sorry its excuses and I want him and Woodward out. But as Woodward isn't going anytime soon I'll settle for this idiot.

His agent making a statement suggests something I’d going on even if it’s just them setting up the tone of his payoff making it clear that if he’s going then he expects to be paid off he’s not going to quit.

There’s nothing to enjoy about this guy being our manager can’t wait to see the back of him and hope that a new guy can lift the grey could that hangs over us right now.

Changing him won’t solve all our problems but it might be a start as this is going nowhere fast it’s clear he isn’t being backed to do it his way so what’s the point in holding on to him.

I don’t think yesterday changes to much maybe helps his narrative about certain players and raises spirits the home crowd needed that first time we’ve scored 4 at home since November last year but anfield next week is his true test. Can he go to an unbeaten Liverpool and come away with something not just by parking the bus but by also taking the game to them. This is the sort of match Mourinho used to thrive in the underdog party pooper and we’ve seen he’s still got some of that in him can he find that magic again.

So far he’s gone there and stunk the place out for 2 0-0 draws we’d probably take that again but the team needs a big statement win to make people believe we can catch up. Chelsea beating City annoyingly means we didn’t make up ground on any of the top 4 rivals.... I’m not counting City in that race by the way.

So far vs rest of the big 6

Spurs (h) lost 3-0
Chelsea (a) drew 2-2
City (a) lost 3-1
Arsenal (h) drew 2-2

That’s 2 points from 12

I’d say apart from the first 30 minutes vs Spurs and a 20 min spell vs Chelsea we haven’t really looked convincing when teams have built pressure on us we’ve folded and we haven’t been able to build similar pressure on the opponent and make them collapse.

A bad result at Anfield and suddenly all the grey storm clouds are back over us and pressure is on again a good result and maybe we can build some momentum and close that gap to the teams above.

Can he go to an unbeaten Liverpool and come away with something not just by parking the bus but by also taking the game to them. This is the sort of match Mourinho used to thrive in the underdog party pooper and we’ve seen he’s still got some of that in him can he find that magic again.

The answer to that is no. He can't go toe to toe with Liverpool and if he tries then they will slaughter us. I mean I hope he does do that but he won't.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
or Log in using
Don't have an account? Register now
Back